Speculation: 2022 Trade Deadline Targets

Biggest need at the TDL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
With the TDL coming up in about 2 months and our team getting rather healthy now. what are the biggest team needs for us and what assets do you think could/should be moved.

My list of possible targets:
Damon Severson 2y x $4.1m
Justin Braun 1y x $1.8m
Ilya Lyubushkin 1y x $1.3m
Luke Glendening 2y x $1.5m
Calle Jarnkrok 1y x $2m
Vlad Namestnikov 1y x $2m
Rickard Rakell 1y x $3.8m
Josh Manson 1y x $4.1m
Troy Stecher 1y x $1.7m

Assets id be willing to move:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
Mathieu Joseph
Alex Barre-Boulet
Cal Foote

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I do not think Foote will be moved, cheap for another year, then RFA after that. I would try to move Rutta if we were to traded a RHD, (which I am against unless there is a rental RHD that was an upgrade).
All we need is a healthy team as is.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
As much as I’d like to upgrade the RD position it never tends to work out at the deadline. Fowards always have a bigger impact in the playoffs, as it’s easier to adapt to a new team quicker. Plus having a hopefully healthy bogo we should be fine back there.

Also if we could land a multi year good cheap back up goalie that would be nice:laugh:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I guess a faceoff ace would help or someone that can chip in more offense on the lower lines in case the kids don't work out. Backup goalie upgrade would be okay too but not holding my breath lol.

Reactions: SnakeIdol

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
backup goalie would be great, but whats the point? if vasy goes down for any appreciable stretch in the playoffs we're boned. so you pick up a goalie in the offseason and not give up the miniscule amount of assests we have that we need to utilize for future planning.

that said, if foote had any discernable value i'd unload him as i dont think he fits our mold. but he doesnt, so he needs to just get good.

Hockeyfan4453

Jul 26, 2009
City of Champions
Lawson Crouse - Arizona Coyotes

6'4 215 power forward that can skate like the wind and is tough to play against. He was excellent when he played against us and like Goodrow, I feel like he would take off post trade

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Lawson Crouse - Arizona Coyotes

6'4 215 power forward that can skate like the wind and is tough to play against. He was excellent when he played against us and like Goodrow, I feel like he would take off post trade
Don't think Arizona would want to give him up.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Another player that just became available is Jack Roslovic. he is making 1.8m this year and is an RFA with a QO of 2.21m next year

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We have no cap. Any deal would need to be cap neutral and I can't really see us trading anyone going for a 3 peat. The likely trade pieces would be Katchouk or Foote for upgrades but there isn't really any making that little cap.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We have no cap. Any deal would need to be cap neutral and I can't really see us trading anyone going for a 3 peat. The likely trade pieces would be Katchouk or Foote for upgrades but there isn't really any making that little cap.

JBB could always try the 75% retain strategy again, or even go a step further and make it a four-way trade and get 87.5% retention.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
Penalty killers.
Looking at sorted by GA/60

Taking into account the fact that we have no cap space without moving players and ignoring teams that are probably in the playoff hunt the following names stick out to me:
Nieto, Balcers and Middleton (SJS)
Zdeno Chara (NYI)
Nicolas Deslauriers (ANA) (maybe they want to make the playoffs? I haven't looked at standings out west)
Brandon Hagel (CHI)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looking at sorted by GA/60

Taking into account the fact that we have no cap space without moving players and ignoring teams that are probably in the playoff hunt the following names stick out to me:
Nieto, Balcers and Middleton (SJS)
Zdeno Chara (NYI)
Nicolas Deslauriers (ANA) (maybe they want to make the playoffs? I haven't looked at standings out west)
Brandon Hagel (CHI)
Our hands might really be tied anyway. I don't think our prospect pool has much value, and there aren't a lot of clear upgrades available.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Even with double retention on Pavelski, 1.75 will be very difficult unless Tampa has someone on ltir until the playoffs again. In order to fit in Pavelski for one run they'd likely have to move Rutta+one F(Joseph most likely). Not sure that's worth it. I would rather package picks/prospects to get Severson twice retained and move Rutta(who I doubt stays after this year) or perhaps the team could look at Crouse from Arizona(although he'd probably require an overpay and not sure Tampa could re-sign him). Nieto, Balcers, Brassard or Jarnkrok could be decent options as well if the cap could be managed.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
I'm really intrigued by this Kuzmenko guy. If he's good in the NHL, would anyone blink at moving out Katchouk, Raddysh, or Colton to make room for him (strictly assuming an ELC signing situation, not a trade)?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't think TB ends up trading any roster players since depth is going to be so important these playoffs. Player rights & picks would more likely move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad