WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk, Part II

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
To be fair, feels like they could throw me on the top line with McTavish and Bedard and it wouldn't make a difference. Whoever is there feels like they will mostly be a passenger.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Johnson’s play this WJC reminds me of EP40’s in his D+1

Both should have been the best player on their team but played like passengers. Elite skill is obvious, but so is lack of effort and urgency. Both played 2RW as well despite being drafted as centers, and had another C that was also a top pick out perform them. In EP40’s case it was Lias Andersson. In Johnson’s case it’s been McTavish

That’s been Desnoyers imo.

Cuylle is being shafted by not playing higher in the lineup until tonight. One of their better players early on

I thought Foerster was awful up until like 2 games ago. Same with Stankoven who hasn’t done much of anything
Pettersson was dynamite in that tourney. 5 goals in 7 games. Are you sure you’re not thinking of the younger Elias Pettersson? :sarcasm:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
To be fair, feels like they could throw me on the top line with McTavish and Bedard and it wouldn't make a difference. Whoever is there feels like they will mostly be a passenger.
What they need is somebody who can be effective without having the puck much. Someone who's effective against the puck, someone who can win battles and someone who's in the right spot when needed and who can put pucks into the net. That's Brennan Othmann. He's brilliant on forecheck and he does win battles. He's got the best shot on the team (yeah I don't think it's worse than McTavish's) and he's responsible defensively (even though Cameron disagrees with me here). Cuylle is such a player as well but just not quite as good as Othmann.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Switzerland game was not encouraging in that the defensive issues remained and the top line went from a strength to nothing, but Greig's status is potentially a big problem. It's a positive that the second line looked more dangerous than it has to this point.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Team USA beat the Swiss 7-1. I thought Canada would've wiped the floor with them.
If the US lay's a beating on Czechia look out Canada.

Reactions: Devonator

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Sometimes you get breaks, and Canada probably just got a good break. Don't want to get caught chasing against the Czechs though, they did a very good job shutting the game down for long stretches in the quarterfinals.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I do worry about this teams ability to defend...and Cameron is a terrible coach but the quality of the offense might be enough to over come both in this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad