**2022 TDL Discussion**

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We've had 2 years of staal where no one wanted him . It's time to move on
Or maybe he didn't want to move? He had a full NMC this season, limited NTC last season IIRC.

I can see him coming back as 3rd pair D again. He's still better than Oesterle or Juolevi and probably Walman. Sign Staal, another UFA LHD, and let the kids battle it out with Edvinsson for the last spot.

Edit: the reason why Staal gets a NMC is because very few vets are willing to sign cheap 1 yr contracts. That is also the reason why he will probably be back again.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I just don’t agree with this and think it’s a lazy take. Players talk and all Wings players rave about the amenities, and the area. What’s most important for a player is the locker room atmosphere, who they’re playing with, the amenities etc. and the Red Wings have a great atmosphere. Even more so for families, especially the school systems. I don’t get how much more appealing Pittsburgh is versus Detroit

Travel, and you will get your answer as to why.

Yzerplan91

Mar 15, 2022
Or maybe he didn't want to move? He had a full NMC this season, limited NTC last season IIRC.

I can see him coming back as 3rd pair D again. He's still better than Oesterle or Juolevi and probably Walman. Sign Staal, another UFA LHD, and let the kids battle it out with Edvinsson for the last spot.

Edit: the reason why Staal gets a NMC is because very few vets are willing to sign cheap 1 yr contracts. That is also the reason why he will probably be back again.
Ya hardcore pass for me , sign or trade for someone to go ld top 4 with edvinsson and have Walman oesterle mcisaac battle it out for 2 spots

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
To me, only core players should get NMC and NTCs. If a vet won't sign without it, then get someone else. That said, Staal wouldn't have brought much anyhow.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ya hardcore pass for me , sign or trade for someone to go ld top 4 with edvinsson and have Walman oesterle mcisaac battle it out for 2 spots
Grass is always greener on the other side isn't it? Wasn't it only a few games ago that everyone thought Oesterle would be better than DDK?

Ideally we get a decent UFA even if the guy is over the hill (Gio, etc). If not I'd rather see Staal than AHL fodder, we already know what happens when you put AHL defensemen in the NHL.

You're basically saying "I'm done with Staal so I want to see someone worse." Hard pass bud. I'm done with Staal when Stevie finds someone better.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
To me, only core players should get NMC and NTCs. If a vet won't sign without it, then get someone else. That said, Staal wouldn't have brought much anyhow.
I'd rather see NMC than multi-year contracts. How many vets are willing to sign one year contracts without big overpayment?

(We'll find out this offseason)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I am disappointed to hear that Steve wanted to bring Nick Leddy back. In the presser he mentioned they talked about an extension and didn't come to an agreement.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I am disappointed to hear that Steve wanted to bring Nick Leddy back. In the presser he mentioned they talked about an extension and didn't come to an agreement.
2022 UFA LHD

I said it earlier today, slim pickings.

Basically you're looking at overpaying marginal talent, reclamation projects, and a few over the hill guys. Pick your poison.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
2022 UFA LHD

I said it earlier today, slim pickings.

Basically you're looking at overpaying marginal talent, reclamation projects, and a few over the hill guys. Pick your poison.

I think try someone else as Leddy didn't work out here. I had no problem with Steve adding Leddy and thought he would be good for us, just didn't turn out that way.

Reactions: Bench

Yzerplan91

Mar 15, 2022
Grass is always greener on the other side isn't it? Wasn't it only a few games ago that everyone thought Oesterle would be better than DDK?

Ideally we get a decent UFA even if the guy is over the hill (Gio, etc). If not I'd rather see Staal than AHL fodder, we already know what happens when you put AHL defensemen in the NHL.

You're basically saying "I'm done with Staal so I want to see someone worse." Hard pass bud. I'm done with Staal when Stevie finds someone better.
Who thought that? It was clear they all sucked just like juolevi will be gone by the summer and walman by the 23 season

If were signing someone for 1 year deal I'd want someone we'd be actually be able to flip for once. Otherwise make a trade,teams will have cap issues a deals will be there to be had. Its time to let Marc go

Yzerplan91

Mar 15, 2022
I think try someone else as Leddy didn't work out here. I had no problem with Steve adding Leddy and thought he would be good for us, just didn't turn out that way.
I'm sure trades will be out there for us , last time I checked the ufa list and saw edler who I'd be interested in x1 ,older but he'd be a nice swedish mentor to have around the locker room of edvinsson is there

That only happens now if walman juolevi stink up the joint rest of the way cause cant see them or edler edvinsson being a top pair unless they just force it for one year and rotate guys?

Edler seider
Edvinsson hronek
Walman lindstrom
Oesterle

I'm sure I'm way off guys will be available and free agency wouldn't shock me to see oesterle walman lindstrom not around

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think this is dumb. An NTC is just codifying what a good GM would do anyway.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Sure if you don't know why Detroit isn't a tourist or resident demand. :thumbu:
I've travelled to Detroit many times, as a tourist.

Great city, beautiful rejuvenated downtown, quite safe and friendly, Corktown and Mexicantown are hoppin. Great food. GREAT bars -- Mutiny Bar is one of the top tiki bars in the midwest, Sugar House has a huge mixology menu, I could go on.

And I've been to Shitsburgh. Unless you're a Carnegie Mellon student, or you're studying the improvised defecation strategies of street people, there is no reason in the world to go to Shitsburgh. On my list of fun places, Shitsburgh appears just after Treblinka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad