**2022 TDL Discussion**

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
We need to lose outright and get the best pick possible. Call up some kids from GR. Hopefully Bert and Zadina can get hot to up their values.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Screw all that noise. I love that we added Sundqvist and Leddy for Walman should probably be close and we got full freight back for Leddy.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I didn’t really bother reading through the thread, but I’m sure some folks are disappointed by today. All in all, it was a mediocre ass deadline, so it what it is. Yzerman got a good return for Leddy. I’d much rather have that 2023 second over the 2021 second we had, so a good W there.

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
namestikov is a big loss as far as winning this season goes. Moving Leddy might help the Wings win more. Funny how his return vs the others is the opposite.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I didn’t really bother reading through the thread, but I’m sure some folks are disappointed by today. All in all, it was a mediocre ass deadline, so it what it is. Yzerman got a good return for Leddy. I’d much rather have that 2023 second over the 2021 second we had, so a good W there.

Yeah I hate mediocre ass-deadlines.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I feel like trading Leddy and Namestnikov will help us lose a few more games to finish the season.
Yeah, but trading away Stecher was probably an upgrade.

I felt like Stevie/Blash were doing Stecher a solid by giving him playing time. At no point did I think he deserved any.

In the end I think it's still a 500 pt% team, but Blash may be more inclined to play low event shell now.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Interesting... apparently Nill already did a presser and addressed the Namestnikov deal, so I'm not sure why that deal in particular would hold up Yzerman's press conference.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

Just from fumbling around Twitter, the Sharks and Wild allegedly have minor deals that haven't been announced. Maybe the Wings are on the other end of one?

Yzerplan91

Mar 15, 2022
Because we are still rebuilding, you all want a shiny new toy and stuff. Sorry to tell you all, we have a ways to go still. Staal has played fine for what he is, someone has to play.
We've had 2 years of staal where no one wanted him . It's time to move on

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Apart from the guys traded and Bert, who else is there?

Vrana and Hronek.

Most likely, Yzerman was referring to "non-pending UFA players available for trade", which excludes those two and Bert.

Yzerman keeping Bert, Vrana and Hronek is fine by me as long as he doesn't go into next season by tossing Edvinsson onto this dumpster fire roster and calling it good. At some point he needs to sign a free agent that isn't an AHL level player.

If we don't win the draft lottery he would be better off trading our pick for an established under-30 top-6 center.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Basically Erne or Oesterle who I think could realistically be shopped.
Suter, Bert, Larkin, Vrana, Erne, Oesterle and Ned will be UFA after their current contracts expire.

Also, Hirose, Staal, Gagner, and Greiss are UFA this season.

Nobody wants Erne or Oesterle. Oesterle is a liability with the puck, if you combine all of Erne's good shifts then you have one good game this season. Erne will be a 4th line warm body signing one year contracts for the rest of his career, like Sheahan has been doing lately. Nobody will commit to player that only plays in contract seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad