**2022 TDL Discussion**

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Arent the best players usually found at the top of the draft?
How often has trading up worked for a team aside from the Chychrun deal?

I looked it up, and at best it's a wash.

Given the holes in the roster, I'd rather have 2 shots rather than one. The only exception would be the top pick since this scouting team has done well with top 10 picks.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Well I hope he doesn't trade up this draft then.
There have been like 50 players rotated in and out of the top 10 rankings this year. Pick 20 could be like half a step down from pick 5. Least consensus I’ve seen on the top 50 this late in the season. Doubt he sees much reason to trade up unless he thinks he’s got another Mo.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I think try someone else as Leddy didn't work out here. I had no problem with Steve adding Leddy and thought he would be good for us, just didn't turn out that way.
Agreed. We did the Leddy experiment. It didn’t work. Worst part was that he did seem to have an extra gear there once the trade deadline got closer. Really made it seem like he was mailing it in all year. We don’t need that. Rebuilding should be as much about experimenting with young guys trying out bigger roles. Let’s move on.

Reactions: Bench and Oddbob

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There have been like 50 players rotated in and out of the top 10 rankings this year. Pick 20 could be like half a step down from pick 5. Least consensus I’ve seen on the top 50 this late in the season. Doubt he sees much reason to trade up unless he thinks he’s got another Mo.
Well that was my point, I'd rather have 2 chances than just one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad