GDT: 2022 Playoffs: WCQF Game 2 | 5/5 Preds @ Avs 8:30pm

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Question now becomes: what to do with Saros? If he is good enough to play but not completely healed, do you remove Ingram and let Saros starts in hopes that he can do just a little bit better. I know it’s a small sample size but Ingram is sitting at 2.12 GAA and .952 sv% so it’s hard to improve on that.

Or do you leave Ingram out there and hope he doesn’t regress hard?
I would play Ingram in Game 3. Saros needs some practice time. The problems are on offense. Fix that versus what isn't broken.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Ingram has played 4 good periods in the playoffs. Hard to think that he does not get the start for game 3.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I read a Denver Post story that looks like it was written by a 5th grader. The short version is that Nashville is a bunch of goons (that is why they are #1 in penalties). Naz Kadri and Mason are heroes (and probably on the way to sainthood).

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
If you watch Colorado play you have to be impressed. Their players, both forwards and defensemen, are constantly moving and beating the Preds to loose pucks. Their power play defines both puck and player movement, while our Preds are basically static and predictable. I was totally impressed with Ingram last night as that game could easily have been more lopsided than the first game. Both our GM and Coach have a massive job to complete the "retool" that is necessary for this team. Unfortunately, I'm of the opinion that neither one of them is capable to accomplish the task.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I read a Denver Post story that looks like it was written by a 5th grader. The short version is that Nashville is a bunch of goons (that is why they are #1 in penalties). Naz Kadri and Mason are heroes (and probably on the way to sainthood).
I mean we are icing the Trenin, sissons, Jeannot line (wouldn’t call them goons but due to how much they hit I could see them getting that label from outsiders) and for some reason McCarron and Olivier… I don’t get why we’ve doubled up on big grinder lines against Colorado unless we are just trying to wear them out physically

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I would play Ingram in Game 3. Saros needs some practice time. The problems are on offense. Fix that versus what isn't broken.
I think it’s probably best to shelve Saros until he’s completely healed. It’s hard to do better than what Ingram has in these circumstances. Now if Ingram and Rittich get trounced on Saturday maybe game 4 becomes a Saros is our only hope moment but I don’t see the need to risk further injury

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I mean we are icing the Trenin, sissons, Jeannot line (wouldn’t call them goons but due to how much they hit I could see them getting that label from outsiders) and for some reason McCarron and Olivier… I don’t get why we’ve doubled up on big grinder lines against Colorado unless we are just trying to wear them out physically

Physical play worked against the Avs in the regular season. They are out hustling us right now.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I think it’s probably best to shelve Saros until he’s completely healed. It’s hard to do better than what Ingram has in these circumstances. Now if Ingram and Rittich get trounced on Saturday maybe game 4 becomes a Saros is our only hope moment but I don’t see the need to risk further injury
Let him heal completely, Av's have the second best record in the league and only lost 5 at home in regulation all year. Preds are going nowhere in the playoffs anyway so why risk further injury in a Hail Mary for a lost cause. We lost to Arizona, next to last in the league after getting up 4 to zero. Time for summer.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Let him heal completely, Av's have the second best record in the league and only lost 5 at home in regulation all year. Preds are going nowhere in the playoffs anyway so why risk further injury in a Hail Mary for a lost cause. We lost to Arizona, next to last in the league after getting up 4 to zero. Time for summer.

Not to mention he'd be coming in cold. I'd much rather just stick with Ingram at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad