GDT: 2022 Playoffs: WCQF Game 2 | 5/5 Preds @ Avs 8:30pm

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Thank you Connor Ingram- the rest of the team- a complete embarrassment.

Avs are a great team- no doubt- but they ain't that good.

That was like an NHL team against an AHL team for the last 3 periods.
The guys shot their bolt playing "playoff hockey" for 60+ games during the season and the wall they hit was evident at the end. They just have nothing left. Good learning experience for the young guys about what it really takes and just how much further they need to go.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
You just about immediately called that.

I'm surprised Kuemper stood strong on that one! After being un-tested for so long. Preds are outmatched but they're playing a way that might give them a chance.

Edit: I was wondering why all the comments were Preds fans. I got lost on the Preds board for some reason haha.

Good luck guys, I genuinely think that the Preds are playing a decent strategy cobsidering how outmatched they are. Its reminds me of Mtl last season: turtle down low and clear the front of the net. Be opportunistic when the chance comes. Doesnt matter if there's a huge dhot differential if your goalie sees every shot clearly and if there's no rebounds to take advantage of.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You're not in trouble until you've lost at home. Not an embarrassing goal differential. Now to figure out how to get Ingram some goal support.

At this point everything has to be on the table to include Evangalista.
Desperately need fresh legs. I would expect Tomasino back in for game 3.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I like that we started stretching it more there. Seemed like they were going to play right into the trap all night.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
We righted the ship on goaltending and we’re coming home. Better style of play tonight and some progress by the young guys. Players have to trust Ingram now and try to press the offense more. As a group, not 59 or 9 vs the world.

Tough balance against a very good team.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Desperately need fresh legs. I would expect Tomasino back in for game 3.

We don't know if Tomasino was scratched for a minor injury, a purely lineup decision, or if he's dead. If he's healthy then playing him needs to be on the table. If he's dinged or dead, then sitting him makes sense.

The team defense still lacks ... outshot by something like 25 ... not counting blocked or missed. Trapped in our own zone for what seemed like forever. Little sustained pressure on their goal. 40ish hours to make decisions based on most healthy options.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Going big and slow isn’t working at all with Colorado. Mccarron and Oliver has to sit. We need speed just to keep up with these guys. Yea it was a 2-1 game but this could very well could of been 7-1 if not for Ingram. Hynes please see that this isn’t the lineup that can play with Colorado. How they terribly out played us was embarrassing to be honest. It just seem like they were on a 5-5 power play the Majority of the game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Going big and slow isn’t working at all with Colorado. Mccarron and Oliver has to sit. We need speed just to keep up with these guys. Yea it was a 2-1 game but this could very well could of been 7-1 if not for Ingram. Hynes please see that this isn’t the lineup that can play with Colorado. How they terribly out played us was embarrassing to be honest. It just seem like they were on a 5-5 power play the Majority of the game.
We're not going to speed or skill our way to success against the Avs. Though I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Luff in instead of Olivier.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
He should take Kunin's spot and at best he should be on the 4th instead of Olivier.
Our 4th line just can't handle Colorado top 6. Don't have the speed or the skill. Tomasino, Luff, Glass — heck — Grimaldi are some options to consider, honestly.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
We need to all keep in mind a little perspective.

Avalanche were a clear favorite at the beginning of the season to win the cup. They were a clear favorite to win the cup at the beginning of the playoffs. Nothing should be surprising at this point. It’s just a damn shame Saros was hurt to put us in this situation.

The fireable offense is losing to the coyotes in regulation after being up 4-1. we would have had a reasonable shot against Calgary.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
McCarron is fine imo, it's the wingers he is saddled with that is killing that line. That said the 1st and 2nd ain't doing squat either, which is a bigger problem imo.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
McCarron was the most consistent forward in game 1 and wasn't out of place tonight. Olivier hasn't made much of a case to be in over anyone. Blaming either of them for the team's lack of everything is a bit disingenuous given their TOI.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Not blaming anyone for anything. I was expecting us to get swept or maybe win 1 game in this series.

I don't think I see any real advantage to "going big" and playing the majority of these games in our defensive zone. Play Ingram, Tomasino, etc. Let them get some playoff experience and figure out how to continue to reload the roster. Rittich, Cousins, etc. aren't the future.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Ingram just stood on his head after giving up a goal on his first shot faced tonight. There is no guarantee that he'll do that next time (he didn't against Ariz). Our top lines are absent offensively.

40ish hours to figure out what the next steps are from approach to lineup to execution in all zones.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Question now becomes: what to do with Saros? If he is good enough to play but not completely healed, do you remove Ingram and let Saros starts in hopes that he can do just a little bit better. I know it’s a small sample size but Ingram is sitting at 2.12 GAA and .952 sv% so it’s hard to improve on that.

Or do you leave Ingram out there and hope he doesn’t regress hard?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad