Speculation: 2022 Off-Season | Dethroned: What next? - Part 2

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
i dont mind walking away from Palat. Go after one of the nontendered guys on a cheap 2-3 year deal and turn them into stars

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
Palat has had one 20 goal season and that was back in 2013-2014. He’s a very good player that plays well with great players. Not worth $6M especially long term

Reactions: TheSchmidt

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Losing Palat will hurt us more than keeping him will help us - if that makes sense.

He got to play with Stamkos, Kucherov and Point for the majority of his career. He's good but he was blessed with HoF linemates. Some team will overpay for him and he'll be good but not great for them.

Either way, we're left with a big hole that we'll probably fill with a "cheap" alternative. Not ideal but wattaya gonna do. Think we're gonna have to adjust expectations for next year unless JBB makes some splash via trade - which i highly doubt.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Losing Palat will hurt us more than keeping him will help us - if that makes sense.

He got to play with Stamkos, Kucherov and Point for the majority of his career. He's good but he was blessed with HoF linemates. Some team will overpay for him and he'll be good but not great for them.

Either way, we're left with a big hole that we'll probably fill with a "cheap" alternative. Not ideal but wattaya gonna do. Think we're gonna have to adjust expectations for next year unless JBB makes some splash via trade - which i highly doubt.
you mean keeping him hurts us more?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Or watch them be the kind of player that led to them being unqualified....
we are like the Rays when it comes to developing unknown talent

This is gonna be like the 2016-17 offseason. alot of overpaid garbage

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
we are like the Rays when it comes to developing unknown talent

This is gonna be like the 2016-17 offseason. alot of overpaid garbage
Palat, and many others, will be far from overpaid garbage. Tampa has now likely lost Palat, McD, and Rutta in favor of keeping Killorn, a reclamation project in Myers, and whatever meh players get signed tomorrow to supposedly replace Palat and McD. What's not to like about these moves thus far...

Reactions: Stammertime91

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Tarasenko
Kane
Malkin
Giroux
Chychrun
Maybe more...

Surely one of them would like to take a chance on Tampa to chase a cup? Or are other teams in the east just as enticing with more cap space?

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Tarasenko
Kane
Malkin
Giroux
Maybe more...

Surely one of them would like to take a chance on Tampa to chase a cup?
None will

If point , vasy or Kucherov wanted him to stay they could have taken 8.5 avv per season instead of 9.5 avv per season but Covid also screwed the nhl salary cap

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hope Myers is good, we probably don’t have room for Pally with our current cap space since Myers wasn’t bought out. Unless Killer is moved which isn’t gonna happen at this stage I don’t believe

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Doubt it palat is younger
True but Pally is and will never be equivalent to Geno and Geno gets to play with Sid still… if Pally goes to CGY to play beside Pickles, then maybe the $ makes sense but at that point, the taxes are bad up there

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Rakell just got 6x5 he's younger and produces similar but with better goal scoring numbers. Nobody should be giving Palat 6 years or 6M.

Rakell is also a soft perimeter player and is not in the same zipcode as Palat defensively, give me Drej every day of the week.

Preferably, at a much cheaper rate.....

Reactions: Stammertime91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad