GDT: 2022 NLCS: (5) San Diego Padres vs (6) Philadelphia Phillies

SD vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Do you feel like this is all a dream!? I dont like the current playoff setup and back on labor weekend I posted on the Flyers board that if were up to me it would be pre 1969 and only have the best team in the league make the world series but if not that way then let 6 to 8 teams in the playoffs and see how it goes. The Phillies have a legitimate chance to win the World Series.

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Do you feel like this is all a dream!? I dont like the current playoff setup and back on labor weekend I posted on the Flyers board that if were up to me it would be pre 1969 and only have the best team in the league make the world series but if not that way then let 6 to 8 teams in the playoffs and see how it goes. The Phillies have a legitimate chance to win the World Series.

I feel like I’m floating. This is insane.

Reactions: Halladay

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Isn’t Suarez a terrible fielding pitcher?
No, he's actually quite good best I know. There's some people who thought he should be up for a gold glove but he wasn't eligible

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, Bob Melvin said he had Hader tagged for 4 outs. Robert Suarez hadn't given up a home run to a left hander all season?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Also, Bob Melvin said he had Hader tagged for 4 outs. Robert Suarez hadn't given up a home run to a left hander all season?
Harper may be the best left handed hitter in baseball. Maybe Soto has an argument but im confused to why he wasnt in. Just baffling tbh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Harper may be the best left handed hitter in baseball. Maybe Soto has an argument but im confused to why he wasnt in. Just baffling tbh.
He did the interview on Fox, he seemed set on Hader finishing the game no matter who was up. They had good reason to trust Suarez. 6 outs was clearly not on the table, wasn't men on base something that had Hader all screwed up when they traded for him? They had a formula they worked out with him, and that's what they're going with.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He did the interview on Fox, he seemed set on Hader finishing the game no matter who was up. They had good reason to trust Suarez. 6 outs was clearly not on the table, wasn't men on base something that had Hader all screwed up when they traded for him? They had a formula they worked out with him, and that's what they're going with.
Idk, I remember 2008 and it was less than 6 outs but Charlie brought Lidge into game 4 (after the Victorino and Stairs homeruns to face Manny who also was on fire). I would have brought Hader in for Bryce and worried about the rest later. Glad he didnt.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Idk, I remember 2008 and it probably was less than 6 outs but Charlie brought Lidge into game 4 (after the Victorino and Stairs homeruns to face Manny who also was on fire). I would have brought Hader in for Bryce and worried about the rest later. Glad he didnt.
It sounds like the right move, but that was what it was. Maybe it would be different if Realmuto didn't get on base? But they worked out the issues with Hader and the solution seemed to be not have too much on his plate. Tough way to go though, they probably never thought Hader would only get into one game. Snell only got the pitch once.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
That's baseball for you. The more teams and games they add to the post-season, the weirder the outcomes will be. I don't think any other sport gets distorted as much by small sample sizes.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Phillies will try to become the third team to win the WS after changing managers mid-season.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
That's baseball for you. The more teams and games they add to the post-season, the weirder the outcomes will be. I don't think any other sport gets distorted as much by small sample sizes.
The MLB regular season is half of the NHL and NBA seasons. But yet in the playoffs, 4 wins equal the same value as 4 wins in an NBA or NHL playoff series.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Congrats Phillies fans, good luck in the Series.

Sadly my friends and I were driving during the game yesterday. We didn't realize our audio stream was a couple minutes behind and the Harper home run got spoiled when I got a deluge of text messages. Driver asked me what was the flurry of notifications I was getting and I didn't want to ruin it, so I lied and said "oh, nothing." [/coolstorybro]

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The MLB regular season is half of the NHL and NBA seasons. But yet in the playoffs, 4 wins equal the same value as 4 wins in an NBA or NHL playoff series.
If the baseball forefathers had, well, foresight, the World Series would’ve been kept at 9 games given the nature of baseball, the postseason series’ would be longer

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
If the baseball forefathers had, well, foresight, the World Series would’ve been kept at 9 games given the nature of baseball, the postseason series’ would be longer
Basically, the climate in this continent is the only thing that keeps the baseball playoffs from being two months long like how the NBA and NHL have it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Basically, the climate in this continent is the only thing that keeps the baseball playoffs from being two months long like how the NBA and NHL have it.
Or if they shortened seasons 100 years ago, 154 games seems pretty absurd, especially when you’re talking about only day games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00