GDT: 2022 NLCS: (5) San Diego Padres vs (6) Philadelphia Phillies

SD vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Manfred is so terrible. This isnt even because Im a Phillies fan. he screwed the last series up between the Guardians and Indians. No way they should have been playing when it was pouring. I will whinge even if the Phillies win this series.

Reactions: SoupNazi

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Bryce!!

And that is why Hader needed to be in there. Going to be remembered in the same way as Britton not pitching in 2016 WC game.
Exactly, both due to the heart of the Phillies order being up and the lefty on lefty matchup against Harper. I'd even be fine with him pitching the 8th and being relieved in the 9th based on who was up to bat.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Everyone will talk about the home run but that 1-2 take before the home run was just as clutch. I don’t know how he took that pitch. It was a strike until the last second.

Reactions: SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly, both due to the heart of the Phillies order being up and the lefty on lefty matchup against Harper. I'd even be fine with him pitching the 8th and being relieved in the 9th based on who was up to bat.
The broadcast said to do it with a runner on, I was waiting for it. What are you saving him for now?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Padres already won their World Series, as long as they beat the Dodgers it’s a successful season.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t count.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ranger is a good pitcher. Basically a harder throwing Moyer. I think because of Wheeler and Nola the Phillies could beat Houston, but they have to be perfect. The Phillies also are 21-9 at Citizens Bank Park in the playoffs. A .700 Win percentage which is the best of any stadium with at least 20 playoff games. That also will help.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Ranger is a good pitcher. Basically a harder throwing Moyer. I think because of Wheeler and Nola the Phillies could beat Houston, but they have to be perfect. The Phillies also are 21-9 at Citizens Bank Park in the playoffs. A .700 Win percentage which is the best of any stadium with at least 20 playoff games. That also will help.
This is why I give them a shot. The fact the WS only starts on Friday (which is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, is MLB doing this because they don't want to compete with the NFL on Sunday?) allows them to go with the big 2 to start and then they come home to that madhouse. If they can split in Houston, the Astros could be in trouble.

Reactions: Halladay

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This is why I give them a shot. The fact the WS only starts on Friday (which is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, is MLB doing this because they don't want to compete with the NFL on Sunday?) allows them to go with the big 2 to start and then they come home to that madhouse. If they can split in Houston, the Astros could be in trouble.
If the Yankees win tonight, Verlander wont go game 1. I think it will be closer than people expect though the Astros should win. Though they should have beat the Nationals and Braves. This Phillies team is actually a lot like the Nationals in 2019.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad