GDT: 2022 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - July 7th - 7 P.M / Round 2-7 - July 8th - 11 A.M

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Flyers are set up to be the late Lou Devils. They’re not going to recover from this for a LONG TIME
Say this about Lou, his bad trades were not really THAT bad - at least here. Devon Toews was a doozy on the Island, but that's there. Leaving off the whole Malakhov and a 1st for air fiasco (and the whole Cory thing because of timing), what was the worst trade Lou actually made as a Devil? A 3rd rounder in high school and Loiktoinov for the corpse of Tuomo Ruutu?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Say this about Lou, his bad trades were not really THAT bad - at least here. Devon Toews was a doozy on the Island, but that's there. Leaving off the whole Malakhov and a 1st for air fiasco (and the whole Cory thing because of timing), what was the worst trade Lou actually made as a Devil? A 3rd rounder in high school and Loiktoinov for the corpse of Tuomo Ruutu?

I’ll agree the trades definitely weren’t as bad. These trades are Milbury level

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't think they are trying to tank though, they are just incompetent.

Yeah you don’t target Cat and trade for Deangelo if you plan on tanking. They still have to make space for it but they’re going to do it and try to grab Johnny too.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Trading for Poni again in 2013 was pretty stupid too when he could've just re-signed him.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Claude Lemieux for Steve Thomas - I detested that trade the second it was made and my hate for it was justified.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This place over the last few weeks…. 🤣

Devils fans are f***ing crazy and I love it.

I’m not smart enough to know a good prospect from a bad one, but looking forward to seeing if this group can make a difference in the future.

The last decade has sucked… here’s to better times in the near future. 🥃

LGD
Just make sure you listen to me. I’m easily the smartest poster on the entire board. My intellect is exceeded only by my humility.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Claude Lemieux for Steve Thomas - I detested that trade the second it was made and my hate for it was justified.
Yeah I kinda think Lou was forced into that one by Claude being a dick over a signed/faxed contract but who knows what really happened there. Claude-Thomas is like the Devils' version of Kevin Mitchell for Kevin McReynolds. Trading one guy who was a heart and soul winner type for another guy that while talented, clearly didn't want any part of being here.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah I kinda think Lou was forced into that one by Claude being a dick over a signed/faxed contract but who knows what really happened there. Claude-Thomas is like the Devils' version of Kevin Mitchell for Kevin McReynolds. Trading one guy who was a heart and soul winner type for another guy that while talented, clearly didn't want any part of being here.
That team was full of bad eggs in retrospect.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They'll be just good enough to contend for the playoffs, but not good enough to do anything if they get there. Just like when Fletcher was in Minnesota.

I think Torts alone probably finds a way to make them a bubble team for a few years. Exactly the opposite of what they actually need

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Most of us Habs fan were locked into Wright. And I’m sure you guys were locked into Slaf. How are you guys feeling at the moment?
I like it, he was mostly tied for 3rd for me with Cooley, with maybe a slight edge to Nemec. The fact that you guys and ARZ passed on Wright made me feel better though, there probably were some red flags with him that us fans didn't know about.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I like it, he was mostly tied for 3rd for me with Cooley, with maybe a slight edge to Nemec. The fact that you guys and ARZ passed on Wright made me feel better though, there probably were some red flags with him that us fans didn't know about.
Ya the fact he was passed by other teams definitely makes me feel better. Especially Zona going with another center. Something has to be up.

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad