Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
upload_2022-1-31_22-43-23.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they end up between 5th to 10th, hopefully one of those RD will still be on the board.
I want a forward, a player that wont take too long to make an impact. D men take longer. The team has been set up well from the defensive side of things and has players coming (under the assumption they extend Zub). I really dont want to see the team pick outside of the top 7 this year.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I want a forward, a player that wont take too long to make an impact. D men take longer. The team has been set up well from the defensive side of things and has players coming (under the assumption they extend Zub). I really dont want to see the team pick outside of the top 7 this year.

Nemec and Jiri don't look far off. They are special, special. Probably a year or 1.5 max away. On the level of Drysdale and Sanderson, imo. They're both already playing against men and thriving.

Doubt either available after 7th overall though.

I want one of: Slaf/Nemec/Jiri badly.

But maybe we slide a bit and get a chance to grab probably most underrated guy in top 10-15 projections: Nazar. I need to watch more of Lambert and that Swedish guy this year. Kemell too.

The top 12-15 looks loaded tbh.

Reactions: MatchesMalone

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m guessing Zub gets extended as soon as July 1st. DJ in his post game contacts last night said he put Zub on at the start of OT as he is the teams best defender.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’m guessing Zub gets extended as soon as July 1st. DJ in his post game contacts last night said he put Zub on at the start of OT as he is the teams best defender.
I mean I think thats pretty obvious... Right... D.J isnt the one making money decisions or who is signed unfortunately. Again they gotta find a way to dump Zaitsev and give his money to Zub. That is also something DJ will have to be an advocate for, which I am not sure he is there yet.

Nemec and Jiri don't look far off. They are special, special. Probably a year or 1.5 max away. On the level of Drysdale and Sanderson, imo. They're both already playing against men and thriving.

Doubt either available after 7th overall though.

I want one of: Slaf/Nemec/Jiri badly.

But maybe we slide a bit and get a chance to grab probably most underrated guy in top 10-15 projections: Nazar. I need to watch more of Lambert and that Swedish guy this year. Kemell too.

The top 12-15 looks loaded tbh.
I am hoping for Slaf. Starting to think that Lambert might also be a great pick seems like he has been over scouted, in the two games I watched in the WJC i really liked his game and motor. I look at the sens forward prospects and I dont really see anyone outside of Grieg with real top 6 impact player potential (even him I am a little skeptical about as we both know haha). They need another guy. Especially someone on an entry level once they gotta pay everyone. If Zub is extended like everyone is suggesting the D core is pretty much set for a while.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I know basically nothing about this years draft, but on write-ups alone it's tough not to be impressed with these two specifically. Doubt I'll be informed enough by draft day to have a real take, but right now these are probably the two guys at the top of my list in the 4-11 range.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I know basically nothing about this years draft, but on write-ups alone it's tough not to be impressed with these two specifically. Doubt I'll be informed enough by draft day to have a real take, but right now these are probably the two guys at the top of my list in the 4-11 range.

Yea, their skill top 5. Some other forwards might entice other teams to pick them instead but, tbh, I see both guys gone by 6-7.

I am hoping for Slaf. Starting to think that Lambert might also be a great pick seems like he has been over scouted, in the two games I watched in the WJC i really liked his game and motor.

Same. And what did you just say about Greig?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I have a slight preference for a forward over a D in the top 10 If they take Jiricek or Nemec I'd be fine with it. Of those 2 I like Jiricek a little more ..I think he has more raw athleticism from my viewings. Sucks he got hurt at the WJC

Outside Wright and Cooley who I think are the top 2 .. still not sure the Sens would take Cooley at 2 but who knows.
Bob's top 11
1 Shane Wright Kingston (OHL)
2 Logan Cooley USA U-18 (USHL)
3 Joakim Kemell JYP (SM Liiga)
4 Matt Savoie Winnipeg (WHL)
5 Juraj Slafkovsky TPS (SM Liiga Jr.)
6 Ivan Miroshnichenko Omsk (VHL)

7 David Jiricek Plzen (CZE)
8 Danila Yurov Magnitogorsk (MHL)
9 Simon Nemec Nitra (SVK)
10 Conor Geekie Winnipeg (WHL)
11 Brad Lambert Lahti (SM Liiga)

Not sure I would take Geekie or Lambert over Jiricek or Nemec. Do the Sens draft one of the Russians?. I think the are appropriately ranked within a spot or 2. They may have to wait for them to come over. Do we get a shot at Slafvovsky or Kemell? Where would they rank Savoie?

We could still see some movement and we know the Sens are not afraid to take someone outside that top group if the guy(s) they wanted are gone.

The 12-20 group.
12 Jonathan Lakkerimaki Djurgardens (SWE J-20)
13 Cutter Gauthier USA U-18 (USHL)
14 Frank Nazar USA U-18 (USHL)
15 Isaac Howard USA U-18 (USHL)
16 Pavel Mintyukov Saginaw (OHL)
17 Marco Kasper Rögle (SHL)
18 Ryan Chesley USA U-18 (USHL)
19 Jimmy Snuggerud USA U-18 (USHL)
20 Nathan Gaucher Quebec (QMJHL)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yea, their skill top 5. Some other forwards might entice other teams to pick them instead but, tbh, I see both guys gone by 6-7.

Same. And what did you just say about Greig?
I hope one is there that's why I said i dont want them to fall out of the top 7. One D man will go for sure I also think that Wright, Savoie, Cooley and Kemel all go before them as well. Hopefully they get one, Slaf seems like a sens pick to me.

We have had lengthy discussions about Greig I just made a joke about it. No need to revisit.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I hope one is there that's why I said i dont want them to fall out of the top 7. One D man will go for sure I also think that Wright, Savoie, Cooley and Kemel all go before them as well. Hopefully they get one, Slaf seems like a sens pick to me.

We have had lengthy discussions about Greig I just made a joke about it. No need to revisit.

Lool, I was being sarcastic ;)

I honestly don't see some of those guys ahead of Nemec/Jiri. It's like Rossi and co all over again. Smaller guys slide more. Big, reliable, 2 way D with skating like the wind fly up.

Jiri's touches on the puck were disgusting. Making deft saucer passes under pressure like he's a top-end playmaker. Nemec is one man breakout with excellent IQ.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Nazar (14th on BMac's list) is sneaking on to some top 10 lists. 5'10 175 R C/RW

"9. Frank Nazar - He's actually not far off from Savoie or Lambert. Extremely dynamic, very clever, quite creative."

"Savoie and Nazar is very close. Savoie has better moves one-on-one. Both are phenomenal skaters, I think Savoie is more explosive, and Nazar is smoother. Looks like Nazar is the better 200 foot player."

- both me from October 2020.

"I do think Nazar will find his way up a lot of people's lists. It's not just his offensive skill, he's a force all over the ice. I see a lot of Lucas Raymond in him with the way he is able to force turnovers and get right on the attack." - me from September 2021.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
"9. Frank Nazar - He's actually not far off from Savoie or Lambert. Extremely dynamic, very clever, quite creative."

"Savoie and Nazar is very close. Savoie has better moves one-on-one. Both are phenomenal skaters, I think Savoie is more explosive, and Nazar is smoother. Looks like Nazar is the better 200 foot player."

- both me from October 2020.

"I do think Nazar will find his way up a lot of people's lists. It's not just his offensive skill, he's a force all over the ice. I see a lot of Lucas Raymond in him with the way he is able to force turnovers and get right on the attack." - me from September 2021.
Scored 2 last night vs U Michigan.

Reactions: MatchesMalone

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Seems like after the top 3-4 there really isn't another talent drop off until 12-14. Really deep top end this year. I guess that bodes well for where Ottawa will likely be drafting.

I would say after number one, it is really tight from two to somewhere around that 12-15 mark.

On a different note, could someone who is a fan of Slafkovsky sell me on him? I've seen a decent amount but not a lot. I just don't see him as a top five player in this draft class right now. What should I be watching for in future viewings?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad