OT: 2022 NBA and NCAA Basketball Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No. I don’t cheer for the Celtics. Draymond is just like the Marchand of tht NBA to me and it’s amazing he gets away with it. I don’t cheer for the Warriors either but I can appreciate the skill of guys like Thompson and Curry.
Eh there was at least one instance where the bill came due for Draymond

And as much as I respect Kevin Durant, it would be hilarious to see the Warriors get titles both before and after him, while he's holding the Nets hostage to play buddyball with Kyrie for the fifty games a year he shows up.

Reactions: My3Sons

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
You never saw Pistol Pete Maravich

Oh, I did. I remember watching him light up the Knicks for 68 way back when he played for the Jazz. I still believe Curry is the greatest shooter ever but wouldn't spend too much time debating it as there are too many variables (3-point line, height differential vs opposing players of their time, defensive play). Both are for sure all-time greats. It's a shame Pistol's time was cut short by injury.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
You never saw Pistol Pete Maravich
A dear friend of mine who's quite a few years older than me said the same thing last night. Or at least that he's the closest thing to Steph he's every seen.

I admittedly never watched him play, but it's my understanding that if there was a 3-point line back then he'd be in a lot more conversations in regards to the all timers.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I hope Golden State fans truly understand and appreciate what they are witnessing. Steph Curry is a generational superstar. End of story.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I can't wait until next season. The LeBron fanboys will finally have to admit that he's not Jordan :laugh:

The guy is no longer the best of his generation.

Reactions: Patrik26

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I can't wait until next season. The LeBron fanboys will finally have to admit that he's not Jordan :laugh:

The guy is no longer the best of his generation.

LeBron is a douchebag who loves hearing himself speak. I, I, I, I and on and on. My favorite quote from the jackass is below. WTF?

“I'm true to the game, and I know what I bring to the table,” James said. “I came back for a reason. I came back to bring a championship to our city. I knew what I was capable of doing. I knew what I learned in the last couple years that I was gone, and when I came back, I knew I had the right ingredients and the right blueprint to help this franchise get back to a place that we've never been. That's what it was all about.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
88d192ac05e0e415ff2c696054204106014eb154.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's official, KD wants out and the Brooklyn Nets meltdown is commencing

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They could probably flip Kyrie on a one-year deal unless KD STILL wants to be tethered to his ass, then it'll be difficult to move both in the same trade.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
KD has four years left on his deal and will get his way. The agents run the NBA not the teams. What kind of teammate are you to immediately go public and demand a trade? What if the team says no? I get telling the management internally to move on from you and eventually if you have to you go public, but go nuclear right away? How does that instill confidence in the next team that trades for you? What if teams know that you are a ring chaser at this point and any trade for KD is basically a one year rental even with a contract? Just messy all around.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is KD requesting a trade because Kyrie opted back in? I don't get it.
Seems like he's pissy that Kyrie didn't get his long-term extension and the organization finally told them no on one of their demands. Either that or it's the other way around and he's finally tired of Kyrie's bullshit, hence the weird timing of waiting till a day or two after he opted back in to announce his trade request.

And according to Woj, KD and Kyrie STILL want to play together so it ain't the latter

Reactions: Mgd31

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
So KD out and freak show Kyrie is probably going somewhere else as well.

Who has all of the draft picks? Because Ben doesn't strike me as the kind of guy you build a championship team around.

Honestly? Sell all of them, tear it down, and see you in '27.

I'm kind of pleased Steph is going to make him look like a jackass in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad