OT: 2022 NBA and NCAA Basketball Thread

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
UConn men's team with a pitiful showing tonight in the upset loss. At least the women's team will probably go far this year.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Why would someone merge an NBA thread that hasn't even ended it's regular season to get into the playoffs and a month March college madness?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Why would someone merge an NBA thread that hasn't even ended it's regular season to get into the playoffs and a month March college madness?

Because we don't need two basketball threads as not many people talk about basketball on this board.

We do the same for football, it doubles as a college thread though not many people here watch college.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Because we don't need two basketball threads as not many people talk about basketball on this board.

We do the same for football, it doubles as a college thread though not many people here watch college.
Thanks for info. I was just wondering they don't do the same on other HF hockey Boards.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
John Hynes' long lost brother moves on from Seton Hall...Holloway from St. Peters is the heavy favorite for the job but he's gonna have bigger suitors than just the Hall at this point.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
My sister's boyfriend is a big time Utah Jazz fan and texted me to say "make the bad man stop" last night. I assume Durant tore them a new one.

Real shame they dug themselves into a hole deep enough for a first-round exit to be likely. They might heat up but who knows. I have no idea why the NYC mayor decided to get rid of every COVID precaution except the one that keeps Kyrie Irving from playing (the employer vaccine mandate). We're at over 85% vaccinated, and generally if you're going to give up, go all the way.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
My sister's boyfriend is a big time Utah Jazz fan and texted me to say "make the bad man stop" last night. I assume Durant tore them a new one.

Real shame they dug themselves into a hole deep enough for a first-round exit to be likely. They might heat up but who knows. I have no idea why the NYC mayor decided to get rid of every COVID precaution except the one that keeps Kyrie Irving from playing (the employer vaccine mandate). We're at over 85% vaccinated, and generally if you're going to give up, go all the way.
Everyone is clowning Eric Adams now, and for good reason. Visiting players can play unvaxxed, Kyrie can sit maskless court side unvaxxed, and interact with teammates. It’s a sham at this point.

Anyway, KD can steal a series by himself this year but we’ll see. They’ll be the favorites next year with a hopefully healthy Ben Simmons and a Kyrie that can play.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
it's lost in the shuffle but the Pelicans have clawed their way to a better than 500 stretch of about 50 games after a terrible terrible start. They have overcome injuries to Brandon Ingram multiple times and have not had Zion Williamson at all this season. I'd keep an eye on them next season.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
it's lost in the shuffle but the Pelicans have clawed their way to a better than 500 stretch of about 50 games after a terrible terrible start. They have overcome injuries to Brandon Ingram multiple times and have not had Zion Williamson at all this season. I'd keep an eye on them next season.
Wolves too are having a great year.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Everyone is clowning Eric Adams now, and for good reason. Visiting players can play unvaxxed, Kyrie can sit maskless court side unvaxxed, and interact with teammates. It’s a sham at this point.

Anyway, KD can steal a series by himself this year but we’ll see. They’ll be the favorites next year with a hopefully healthy Ben Simmons and a Kyrie that can play.
There's a decent chance Simmons returns for the playoffs, a certainty weirdo Kyrie plays every road game, and quite possible that the odd ban gets lifted at some point in April.

The march down Flatbush dream is still alive in 2022.

Sorry Mr. Harris.

Edit: I'm not sure Kyrie can sit courtside though. He certainly wasn't at the game I went to 2 weeks ago.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
NBA media is so interested in individual players and big markets that under the radar team success is barely a blip in the reporting.
Ja Morant can transcend the big coastal market dynamic like Giannis did. He’s so good. The game tonight will be something else.

Meanwhile I’m all in on the Lakers meltdown. Hope that bubble ring and Space Jam 2 was worth it, LeBron!

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
There's a decent chance Simmons returns for the playoffs, a certainty weirdo Kyrie plays every road game, and quite possible that the odd ban gets lifted at some point in April.

The march down Flatbush dream is still alive in 2022.

Sorry Mr. Harris.

Edit: I'm not sure Kyrie can sit courtside though. He certainly wasn't at the game I went to 2 weeks ago.

The game he sat courside at they got fined 50k, so you’re right he’s technically not allowed to but it’s a drop in the bucket to prove a point.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ja Morant can transcend the big coastal market dynamic like Giannis did. He’s so good. The game tonight will be something else.

Meanwhile I’m all in on the Lakers meltdown. Hope that bubble ring and Space Jam 2 was worth it, LeBron!
In New Orleans, plenty of Pets fans wish the team had taken him over Williamson. A player can overcome the coastal bias issue but typically that only happens when the team is a title contender. Who ever pays real attention to Lillard for example? Kevin Garnett was better in MIN than BOS but only got the hype he got once he switched teams. The NBA caters to the front running fans and is forever trying to attract the casual sports viewer so small market teams have to be tip top contenders to matter.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The game he sat courside at they got fined 50k, so you’re right he’s technically not allowed to but it’s a drop in the bucket to prove a point.
Moot point anyway as the ban has now been lifted, because apparently Aaron Judge matters.

Harris is done for a while so grabbing Seth in that trade is looking very, very shrewd.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad