OT: 2022 MLB Thread

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Does anyone know of a baseball site that’s equivalent to hf boards? Or a football site,
I honestly just use Reddit for everything besides the Devils, though it’s not so much for commenting and more for staying up to date on team news. NYYFansForum is pretty good for Yankees stuff too, though it’s mostly just a group of really old dudes who complain about everything.

Reactions: FooteBahl

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Braves with 11 in a row.

I can't wait for deGrom and Sherzer to come back only to have one of them get knocked out with a season ending shot to the head and the other to snap his femur celebrating in a pile at home plate.

I'll bet anything the Mets will be 5 games back by mid-August at the latest.

Thanks dad.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Braves with 11 in a row.

I can't wait for deGrom and Sherzer to come back only to have one of them get knocked out with a season ending shot to the head and the other to snap his femur celebrating in a pile at home plate.

I'll bet anything the Mets will be 5 games back by mid-August at the latest.

Thanks dad.

I mean Braves won 12 in a row, 13 tonight most likely, and are still 5 games back.

Mets currently have the 2nd best run differential in the NL too

Still have the best record in the NL too, which will remain unchanged assuming they hold on and win tonight

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I mean Braves won 12 in a row, 13 tonight most likely, and are still 5 games back.

Still have the best record in the NL too, which will remain unchanged assuming they hold on and win tonight
I read 11 when I posted it, my bad.

I bet it will continue to be that way through early-mid July

I appreciate the vote of confidence from a passionate Yankees fan, but that train falling off the rails is never late for those of us who've been taking the 7 to Flushing for decades.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think this'll be a Met choke...they have a professional manager and are run professionally from ownership on down for the first time in at least thirty-five years. They do have a talented roster, albeit a lot of these guys are older and capable of taking IL vacations.

Does that mean I think they'll win the division not necessarily, the Braves are good and they're f***ing cockroaches that won't get stomped on. Plus nobody still ever picks them to win, which is dangerous for a team that has a winning tradition now. But I think they'll be in the playoffs at least and with the pitching staff they have, they should be able to win any short series unless both Jake and Max are on hiatus still in October.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I don't think this'll be a Met choke...they have a professional manager and are run professionally from ownership on down for the first time in at least thirty-five years. They do have a talented roster, albeit a lot of these guys are older and capable of taking IL vacations.

Does that mean I think they'll win the division not necessarily, the Braves are good and they're f***ing cockroaches that won't get stomped on. Plus nobody still ever picks them to win, which is dangerous for a team that has a winning tradition now. But I think they'll be in the playoffs at least and with the pitching staff they have, they should be able to win any short series unless both Jake and Max are on hiatus still in October.
You know better than to bet against this.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

All this with not just the two best pitchers on their team out but arguably the two best pitchers in all of baseball.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah last year the Mets collapsed the minute Jake got hurt. He hasn’t pitched an inning this year and they were without Max the last few weeks too and have still rolled along with guys like Bassitt and Carrasco pinching in, with all sorts of insane comebacks. That doesn’t scream inevitable collapse, maybe they’ll break our heart like in 2006, but this is the first time since 2006-07 that I’m reasonably confident in there being October baseball before September. 2015 they were squandering everything before the deadline, 2016 they puttered around before getting hot late.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Aren't they in a tough stretch of games right now too?

Idk I would be really annoyed as a Braves fan that my team won 12 in a row only to still be 5 games out of first.

This team can hit too

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah the Mets just came back from a ten-game West Coast trip and get the Brewers (albeit a struggling Brewer team atm) in their return home. Going 5-5 was pretty well par for the course but the Braves going 10-0 was annoying and cut into the lead, though not as much as it could have been cut into considering.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Aren't they in a tough stretch of games right now too?

Idk I would be really annoyed as a Braves fan that my team won 12 in a row only to still be 5 games out of first.

This team can hit too
They were crushed last night, Atlanta now 4 games back with nearly 100 to go.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
braves are on an absolute heater but they've really played shit teams during their win streak. it's impressive, nonetheless. still confident in this mets team to be there at the end as long as they get a good second half out of degrom and scherzer. bullpen reinforcements at (or before) the trade deadline are necessary imo.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Judge made 10 million last year, is making 17 this season, he's on pace to smash Maris' single season record, and the Yankees are taking him to arbitration?

See you in LA, Queens, or Boston buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad