OT: 2022 MLB Thread

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Remember when Gary Sanchez and Aaron Judge were used interchangeably to hype up the new youth driven Yankees? Then they went in completely opposite directions. Judge improved his plate discipline and stopped becoming an automatic strikeout if he wasn’t making contact. Sanchez’s bat got worse, and his defense remained rotten. Frankly I’m more concerned about trading for Donaldson in exchange for Urshela.

The SS prospect they got is good- great glove, meh bat. He’ll be here soon. And hey, maybe he pulls a Didi and improves his hitting.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So the local teams are off to a roaring start with deGrom on the DL for weeks, if not longer while the Yankees have Cashman getting rabbit ears and still whining about the Astros in 2017 while they put 1/8 of their telecasts on Amazon Prime to further annoy the fanbase. And Judge still isn’t signed or vaccinated.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Vlad is crazy good amd only gettig better. Jays look deadly on paper but not sure if they have the bullpen to win the division.
Bullpen is definitely the Jays weakness. Cimber seems good, Merryweather can be useful, Romano is a great closer. Other than that, it could be trouble. With that being said, the Jays’ offense is insane and they’ll be able to overcome bad pitching on more than a few occasions.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Is there any deeper story on the Kershaw thing? He was only at 80 pitches when he was lifted. You'd think they'd have given him until 100.

The explanation I've seen is that he's returning from injury and hasn't thrown more than 70-80 pitches in months, and they didn't want to push it.

Seems ridiculous to pull a guy out of a perfect game though, especially when you're up 7-0 and there is little danger of losing even if he gives up a few runs trying to finish it out.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Wait, wtf is this?

You guys are always welcome in Queens with the civilized folk.

I'm sure a bright blue hat would really bring out the color in your eyes.

It's not an easy existence, but at least we don't have savages who proudly refer to themselves as creatures and do their best to live up to the moniker.

And dollars to doughnuts every single one of those people who threw something sits in the 400 section at the toilet wearing a Messier or Kovalev jersey whenever they're gifted a seat by their uncle Vito Vincenzo, who could not attend that evening because he had to win back what he lost at the blackjack table the previous week.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Wait, wtf is this?

You guys are always welcome in Queens with the civilized folk.

I'm sure a bright blue hat would really bring out the color in your eyes.

It's not an easy existence, but at least we don't have savages who proudly refer to themselves as creatures and do their best to live up to the moniker.

And dollars to doughnuts every single one of those people who threw something sits in the 400 section at the toilet wearing a Messier or Kovalev jersey whenever they're gifted a seat by their uncle Vito Vincenzo, who could not attend that evening because he had to win back what he lost at the blackjack table the previous week.

Ya got me. We're an obnoxious bunch but I don't think we've ever thrown stuff at opposing players or fans.

Then again, people didn't think that about Jays fans until that wild ALDS Game 5.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Ya got me. We're an obnoxious bunch but I don't think we've ever thrown stuff at opposing players or fans.

Then again, people didn't think that about Jays fans until that wild ALDS Game 5.
This was a random early season game that the Yankees WON. With a walk off no less.

Rags fans did the same shit earlier this season. Hence the comparison.

I can't recall this happening at a Devils, Giants, Jets, or Mets game. And I've been to and/or watched thousands over the years.

The John Rocker incident maybe qualifies, but he worked his ass off to earn it. Shit like this seems to go down in the Bronx with unfortunate regularity.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Remind me again of why Cliff Lee refused to sign in NY even though The Yankees made him an obscene offer?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This was a random early season game that the Yankees WON. With a walk off no less.

Rags fans did the same shit earlier this season. Hence the comparison.

I can't recall this happening at a Devils, Giants, Jets, or Mets game. And I've been to and/or watched thousands over the years.

The John Rocker incident maybe qualifies, but he worked his ass off to earn it. Shit like this seems to go down in the Bronx with unfortunate regularity.
Mets fans in 1973 were throwing shit after Pete Rose bowled over and attacked Bud Harrelson.

There's no defense of Yankee 'fans', even John Sterling called them out to a degree (though by saying they're not Yankee fans he was giving the fanbase a pass) but unfortunately we're getting more and more of this shit every year in sports because fans feel more entitled to be part of the action. People need to have their tickets taken away, and possibly put in jail...that's the only thing that'll stop crap like this.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Remind me again of why Cliff Lee refused to sign in NY even though The Yankees made him an obscene offer?
Presumably because we boo everyone short of a 4-for-4 game or two straight games where a starter gives up more than 2 runs. I didn't say we're not obnoxious, I just don't recall the last time Yankee fans ever did something like this.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Mets fans in 1973 were throwing shit after Pete Rose bowled over and attacked Bud Harrelson.

There's no defense of Yankee 'fans', even John Sterling called them out to a degree (though by saying they're not Yankee fans he was giving the fanbase a pass) but unfortunately we're getting more and more of this shit every year in sports because fans feel more entitled to be part of the action. People need to have their tickets taken away, and possibly put in jail...that's the only thing that'll stop crap like this.
50 years ago is your example?

You're better than that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I mean I don't have an example of Jets fans throwing anything although lighting the grandstand on fire in the late '80's was pretty bad, not to mention some of the other drunken behavior in the stands over the years. Giant fans threw icy snowballs in the '90's at one point but plenty of fans all over throw shit. There was the incident in Dallas this year where they were throwing batteries and whatnot, Dak Prescott was ripping the fans thinking they were throwing at the Dallas players. When told they were throwing them at the refs, he's like oh that's understandable...that response was almost as bad as the action itself.

I'm not sure NY fans are as bad as Philly fans though...there's a reason they need a jail on-site at the Vet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad