Golf: 2022 Masters Tournament - 'Game-Time Decision' Edition

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Massively disappointed in Brooks. I get home from work and he's at -2 with one arm already slipped inside the jacket. Now, we have nothing. Guess I'll have to settle for a less interesting storyline tomorrow, such as Tiger being 4 shots back. Sigh!

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The sooner Tiger bows out the better. Sorry not sorry, but the sport can't complain about not having big stars known to the general public then turn around and show every time Tiger takes a step instead of showcasing the young stars on Tour.

Tiger Woods draws fan interest, TV ratings, merchandise, people of all ages want to pick up a golf club and shoot some rounds. As much as Golf has other stars playing on tour, none can hold the power of the movement like Tiger Woods can.

I'm watching the Masters because of Tiger Woods, love him or hate him this man has done the game of Golf to heights it will never reach again.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
The sooner Tiger bows out the better. Sorry not sorry, but the sport can't complain about not having big stars known to the general public then turn around and show every time Tiger takes a step instead of showcasing the young stars on Tour.

I find it funny that people are so taken aback by a fan (sorry, patron) not drinking the kool aid that is being forced down their throat.

I could care less about TV ratings or that players make more money because of him, like any professional sport, pro golf it exists solely for my entertainment and I am not entertained by the over the top coverage of Tiger,

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
At least you don't think the world revolves around you.

Said by someone who naively thinks it doesn't.

Sounds like you are trying to imply that Golfchannel is doing something for the greater good with their coverage of Tiger rather than something that is 100% for their own benefit.

Sep 19, 2008
Let's be honest the only reason most of us are watching is for Tiger.

Go look at the ratings of the majors where Eldrick did not participate. He singlehandedly makes the game watchable.

Is it fair? No. But it's a great story.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of the gravatas of Tiger was that he was so dominant. There was a reason they were 'Tiger-proofing' courses. They ain't doing that for anyone else these days. No one has been able to grab the mantle - and do so at the same age Tiger did. People grew up with Tiger. Phil also was part of that as either a foil, or his own unique story. Some years ago someone tried to argue that Jordan Spieth was that next guy and supposedly drew some big rating when Phil was around. Oops.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Too bad Tiger is gone. Would’ve been nice to see him in it. I haven’t seen it but I was wondering if the wind would be too much.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Scheffler is on another f***ing level. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like if he wins this...

Brooks "hasn't peaked in majors yet" Koepka with a turd showing so far.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Scheffler is on another f***ing level. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like if he wins this... Brooks "hasn't peaked in majors yet" Koepka with a turd showing so far. He's fun to watch when he's on but
Before the start I picked Scheffler to win in this thread. Tiger is not gone. He's tied for 19th and made the cut at +1.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I haven't watched enough of him yet. What is his strength? Or he is just on a super hot streak?

Same in terms of not watching a ton of him this year, but physically he looks the part as a fairly big and strong guy, he is in top 25 in driving distance this year, and also top 20 in putting. Yesterday he impressed me turning some holes around after the initial bad shot which was demoralizing for someone cheering for the lead to shrink, such as a par 5 where he hit it as far to the right as anyone was going to on his 2nd shot, and then actually still got a birdie.

Last edited:
Reactions: daver

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I haven't watched enough of him yet. What is his strength? Or he is just on a super hot streak?

One of the top iron players out there on tour, hits a lot of greens in regulation. Struggles with driving accuracy but his does hit the ball far. Has a good mental game.

Really struggled with putting consistency until what seems around when Ted Scott joined his bag in November. Best Tour player this season. Been a long time coming knocking on the door over the past couple years for that first win since he's been a full time member.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad