2022 Hlinka Gretzky Cup

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Czechia got a bit of a chase going although considering they were behind 2-1 it was a surprisingly tame period by them. Only like 1 dangerous minute.

Vinni a good choice for PotG.

Not sure why Petr was one for Czechia, I'd have given it to Sale.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Finland.

I'm happy with Czech team tbh. Looks like we have some good players coming through for the draft. Felt like we had 2 scoring lines, a good G and some decent D this tourney.

Sale and Petr look to be first rounders and dvorak might get in that conversation too. Hrabal might be a highly ranked goalie as well.

I'd say our second line is also very draftable.

Coach did a good job too. No complaints tbh.

Jecho in 2 years is another potential first rounder. Bit of an upswing

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What should I have for dinner while I watch the GMG?...

* 2 Burger King Whoppers

or

* Cantonese Chow Mein

I think door #2 would be healthier.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Congrats Finland.

I'm happy with Czech team tbh. Looks like we have some good players coming through for the draft. Felt like we had 2 scoring lines, a good G and some decent D this tourney.

Sale and Petr look to be first rounders and dvorak might get in that conversation too. Hrabal might be a highly ranked goalie as well.

I'd say our second line is also very draftable.

Coach did a good job too. No complaints tbh.

Jecho in 2 years is another potential first rounder. Bit of an upswing
A couple of players look promising, Šalé, Štancl, Petr (I still hope he will improve his cardio), a bit disappointed with Felcman's performance. Unfortunately, the third and fourth lines were players without much hockey skill, they were just fighters. Some players really irritated me, including the defense. Ok, advancing to the semi-finals was a success, today wasn't a bad performance either. What more could we want as Czech fans, right?
Well, about Jecho.. The boy was really invisible. Didn't the coach pull him off by chance after that goal he was at fault for? I don't know, I had no sound. But anyway, as I write, I noticed him once during the entire match and the rest of the tournament was no better. First round? So he would have to move a lot in his performance..

Reactions: Czechboy

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Changes to 2023 list. Kumpulainen was big riser from my spring list showcased some upside couple occasion havent seen from him before on top of that his great twoway player and Nurmi is big faller seen too many games at this point where he gets nothing done. Also cap between Halttunen and Järventie shrunk consideraply and to other guys

Wingers
1. Kasper Halttunen
2. Emil Järventie
3. Jesse Kiiskinen
4. Lenni Hämeenaho
5. Tuomas Uronen
6. Jesse Nurmi
7. Otso Ylitalo
8. Elias Jansson

*Wild Card* Emil Kuusla

Centers
1. Rasmus Kumpulainen
2. Tom Leppä
3. Arttu Alasiurua
4. Benjamin Rautiainen

Defenders
1. Emil Pieniniemi
2. Arttu Kärki
3. Niko Minkkinen
4. Kalle Kangas
5. Jimi Junkkari
6. Niklas Talvikunnas
7. Peetu Kiukas

Goalies
1. Noa Vali

*HM* Visa Vedenpää, Manu Lukkarinen, Henri Karppinen

Other Longshots: Aatu Karjalainen, Jussi Kähkönen, Niklas Moberg, Onni Lind, Aatu Pohjalainen, Joel Tuomola, Janne Peltonen, Onni Ruohomaa, Valtteri Lehtosaari, Emil Ristiharju etc..

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
A couple of players look promising, Šalé, Štancl, Petr (I still hope he will improve his cardio), a bit disappointed with Felcman's performance. Unfortunately, the third and fourth lines were players without much hockey skill, they were just fighters. Some players really irritated me, including the defense. Ok, advancing to the semi-finals was a success, today wasn't a bad performance either. What more could we want as Czech fans, right?
A bronze would've been nice.lol.

We just had 2 guys in round 1 and 4 d in first 100. This group might be a few more top 100 guys with a promising goalie.

In good and bad news... Jiricek is joining U20 team (which I think will struggle). Bad news is that we lost Moravec.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
A bronze would've been nice.lol.

We just had 2 guys in round 1 and 4 d in first 100. This group might be a few more top 100 guys with a promising goalie.

In good and bad news... Jiricek is joining U20 team (which I think will struggle). Bad news is that we lost Moravec.
Well, that's a big loss. I thought the defense would be good despite a few absences, unfortunately now there will probably be at least one weaker player.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Vinni was Finland's best player against Canada in the semifinal. I remembered watching Tuukka Rask at the World Juniors, and not only do I get some sense the two are comparable, I think that Vinni also has a strong future in hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statsy and Czechboy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What should I have for dinner while I watch the GMG?...

* 2 Burger King Whoppers

or

* Cantonese Chow Mein

I think door #2 would be healthier.
I was busy stuffing the Whoppers into my face when Tanner Howe scored. I wanted to post :

TANNER HOWE !!!!

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Is there no hitting in international hockey now?
A couple plays there where a Canadian player could have easily ended a Swedes career with a beauty hit and they let up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad