Chromiak - Eperjesi
Strbak - Barcik
Kupec - Kralovic
Cajkovic
Long shot (Radivojevic)

Urban
Pribula
Pohanka

Good first forward line and d pairing, rest is not as good as 2004 lineup in my opinion.

Reactions: hellwar9

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Here was Germany's roster last year at the u17's. Roster should look somewhat similar. You may see Max Herzog, Maximillian Brunner, Nick Maul, Tobias Schwarz have shots at the roster as '06's - As for additional '05's you have Julian Michalik, Norwin Panocha, Jan-Felix Faupel, Jonas Mommensohn, Moritz Weissenhorn and Nikita Tschwanow who all have shots to make the team

21.png
Nick Neufeld (G)162005Kassel, GER5'11"141LGermany U17
21.png
Keanu Salmik (G)162005Freiburg, GER5'10"159LGermany U17
21.png
Leon Willerscheid (G)172005Brühl, GER6'2"176LDNL U20
DEFENSEMEN
21.png
Lars Bosecker (D)162005Prien am Chiemsee, GER5'10"148LICEYSL
21.png
Moritz Kukuk (D)172005Herdecke, GER5'8"119RGermany U17
21.png
Paul Lemke (D)162005Bad Nauheim, GER5'9"148RICEYSL
21.png
Maxim Limonov (D)1720056'0"152LGermany U17 2
21.png
Paul Mayer (D)162005Kaufbeuren, GER6'2"181LDNL U20
21.png
Lua Niehus (D)172005Utzendorf, SUI5'9"154LDNL U20
21.png
Jakob Peukert (D)1620055'6"139LGermany U17
21.png
Edwin Tropmann (D)162005Lippstadt, GER5'10"183RDNL U20
21.png
Alexander Vladelchtchikov (D)172005Köln, GER5'5"146RDNL U20
FORWARDS
21.png
Leon Bauhof (F)1620055'6"139RGermany U17
21.png
Kevin Bicker (F)172005Schwabach, GER6'0"163LDNL U20
21.png
Linus Brandl (F)1720056'0"179RDNL U20
21.png
Jonas Fischer (F)1720056'0"152LGermany U17
21.png
Artjom Khaidarov (C)162005Freiburg, GER5'11"159LGermany U17
21.png
Luca Kinzel (F)162005---U17-Elit
21.png
Jonas Mommensohn (F)1620055'9"146LGermany U17
21.png
Robin Rieke (F)172005Mettmann, GER5'10"161R16U AAA
21.png
Timo Ruckdäschel172005Kösching, GER6'1"194LICEYSL
21.png
Noah Samanski (F)172005Erding, GER6'1"165LICEYSL
21.png
Vadim Schreiner (F)162005Kaufbeuren, GER5'10"161LICEYSL
21.png
Julius Sumpf (F)172005München, GER6'0"165LCzechia U20
21.png
Paul Vinzens (F) “C”162005Pegnitz, GER5'11"174RCzechia U20

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden:

Melvin Lind
Melvin Strahl
Noah Erliden

Theo Lindstein - Tom Wilander
Hugo Hell - Axel Sandin Pellikka
Arvid Bergström - Edvin Nilsson
Eríc Burger - Axel Landen

Zeb Forsjäll - Otto Stenberg - Lukas Stockselius
Joel Svensson - Kalle Carlsson - Lukas Zagraden
Anton Wahlberg - David Edstrom - Elliot Ståhlberg
Lucas Kling - Noah Dower Nilsson - Noel Nordh

Maybe some 2006 born will make it. Alexander Zetterberg or Elliot Sigrell.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Slovak roster prediction:

Molnar - Dvorsky - Jencko
Kukumberg - Sisik - Ridzon
Kurila - Pobezal - Dej
Pekarcik - Pitka - Stahon
Long shot (Svrcek, Tomasec)

Chromiak - Eperjesi
Strbak - Barcik
Kupec - Kralovic
Cajkovic
Long shot (Radivojevic)

Urban
Pribula
Pohanka

Good first forward line and d pairing, rest is not as good as 2004 lineup in my opinion.

Sisik despite playing C at U17 national team (due to the small number of centers) will play probably wing. So, i think Jencko will be 2C and Sisik will be a wing. Kukumberg is far from the top 6, I see him more in the bottom 6. In my eyes, squad might look something like this.

Urban (Slavik / Puskar / Pohanka)

Chromiak - Eperjesi
Strbak - Barcik
Kupec - Cajkovic
Petras

(HM: Baran, Belusko, Bulla, Kralovic, Sluka, Licko)

Molnar - Dvorsky - Ridzon
Sisik - Jencko - Cedzo
Pilat - Pobezal - Kurila
Pekarcik - Dej - Kukumberg
Pitka

(HM: Cisar, Jobek, Hodas, Klecka, Stahon, Chovan, Svrcek, Tomasec, Tomik)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And Adam Jecho..?
I think so but isn't he 2 years away?

He is the next, next one.lol

Petr in between them.

Kulich looking to go around 20.

Our fire isn't bright but it's lighting up a bit.lol

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Petr in between them.

From the draft yeah, but he’s a 2006 so only a year off the regular age group. So he will be there. Slovaks will have a few 2006’s for sure, and who knows about 2007’s. Still a few months away from tournament plus with WJC very close to it, do we see guys like Bedard, Dvorsky, Sale at the HGC?

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Petr in between them.

I definitely wish Petr healing and hopefully it will be available. However, I've written it several times, I don't think he would be the second best striker of year 05. Skating really limits him a lot. Throughout the season, it was clear in the U17 team who was the main driver, it was the first attack. Štancl, Šprynar, Felcman, all these players are better for me than Petr, although I do not have a direct comparison. As for Jecho, I will be happy if he becomes a decent player who will be able to play at the national team level. I really don't see an NHL star in it.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Slovak roster prediction:

Molnar - Dvorsky - Jencko
Kukumberg - Sisik - Ridzon
Kurila - Pobezal - Dej
Pekarcik - Pitka - Stahon
Long shot (Svrcek, Tomasec)

Chromiak - Eperjesi
Strbak - Barcik
Kupec - Kralovic
Cajkovic
Long shot (Radivojevic)

Urban
Pribula
Pohanka

I would try also Jan Chovan and maybe Tomas Chrenko (both 2007) in pre camp , at last U16 tournament Chovan was one of best players, Chrenko was the best player in U16 national championship

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland will once again field a subpar team. The production of prospects has honestly been pathetic lately with the exception of the lone outlier Bichsel. The 2005 birth year looks the same. Braillard is the only promising player of that birthyear but he is probably not quite good enough to make the NHL either in the future. Gruber has stagnated a lot wich also had to do with multiple injuries. In international play he wasn't really able to make a lasting impression even against "lower level opponents" like Germany last year. I still wouldn't completely write him of since he has a lot of talent in certain areas and could bounce back if he can stay healty long term. Bünzli was hurt all season and seems to have dropped completely of the map, I don't even know if he is still playing at this point. The 2006 class looks a lot better than the 2005 one but rather depth wise than in terms of high end talent. Maybe one or two players from that birthyear will make the cut but I don't expect any significant impact by them yet. Unfortunately the days when Hischier dominated this tournament as an underager and made the Swiss team somewhat relevant by himself seem like lithghtyears away at this point. And I don't really see much light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I definitely wish Petr healing and hopefully it will be available. However, I've written it several times, I don't think he would be the second best striker of year 05. Skating really limits him a lot. Throughout the season, it was clear in the U17 team who was the main driver, it was the first attack. Štancl, Šprynar, Felcman, all these players are better for me than Petr, although I do not have a direct comparison. As for Jecho, I will be happy if he becomes a decent player who will be able to play at the national team level. I really don't see an NHL star in it.
As you said, you mentioned it several times and everytime I had to roll my eyes reading it :eyeroll::sarcasm:
I somewhat agree on Jecho though, he was looking very shaky with the U17 squad. Expected more from him this past season. Still very young though, has great tools.

Either way, I think the Czech team should be very competetive at this tournament, have no problem calling them a medal contender, especially with Russia out. Quality at all positions, both high-end and depth. Wonder how many underagers make it, I think Jecho isn't the only one deserving of a shot. Also, does 2007-born Adam Benak make it? He was nominated to play with the 05's once already (event didn't take place due to covid though.)
Wish it was played in the Czech Republic, but the squad should have enough skill to make noise even without home crown. Favorable group as well (at least when it comes to making it out of the group stage, playoff time, not so much.)
Switzerland will once again field a subpar team. The production of prospects has honestly been pathetic lately with the exception of the lone outlier Bichsel. The 2005 birth year looks the same. Braillard is the only promising player of that birthyear but he is probably not quite good enough to make the NHL either in the future. Gruber has stagnated a lot wich also had to do with multiple injuries. In international play he wasn't really able to make a lasting impression even against "lower level opponents" like Germany last year. I still wouldn't completely write him of since he has a lot of talent in certain areas and could bounce back if he can stay healty long term. Bünzli was hurt all season and seems to have dropped completely of the map, I don't even know if he is still playing at this point. The 2006 class looks a lot better than the 2005 one but rather depth wise than in terms of high end talent. Maybe one or two players from that birthyear will make the cut but I don't expect any significant impact by them yet. Unfortunately the days when Hischier dominated this tournament as an underager and made the Swiss team somewhat relevant by himself seem like lithghtyears away at this point. And I don't really see much light at the end of the tunnel yet.
I don't know what your expectations of Gruber are, but in the couple games I watched, he looked like an NHL prospect. Do you have any opinion on Eric Schneller by the way?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
As you said, you mentioned it several times and everytime I had to roll my eyes reading it :eyeroll::sarcasm:
I somewhat agree on Jecho though, he was looking very shaky with the U17 squad. Expected more from him this past season. Still very young though, has great tools.

Either way, I think the Czech team should be very competetive at this tournament, have no problem calling them a medal contender, especially with Russia out. Quality at all positions, both high-end and depth. Wonder how many underagers make it, I think Jecho isn't the only one deserving of a shot. Also, does 2007-born Adam Benak make it? He was nominated to play with the 05's once already (event didn't take place due to covid though.)
Wish it was played in the Czech Republic, but the squad should have enough skill to make noise even without home crown. Favorable group as well (at least when it comes to making it out of the group stage, playoff time, not so much.)

I don't know what your expectations of Gruber are, but in the couple games I watched, he looked like an NHL prospect. Do you have any opinion on Eric Schneller by the way?
And what exactly do you have a problem with? The first attack was clearly dominant in the team. He also managed to assert himself against the USNTDP team. So what's up? That I don't have such a high opinion of Petr? I'm sorry, I saw all the U17 and U18 matches, I think I made a clear judgment about them all and the player just has huge problems with skating, or even more with cardio. I have already compared him to Kaut, who was slowly "dying" on the ice in places.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
And what exactly do you have a problem with? The first attack was clearly dominant in the team. He also managed to assert himself against the USNTDP team. So what's up? That I don't have such a high opinion of Petr? I'm sorry, I saw all the U17 and U18 matches, I think I made a clear judgment about them all and the player just has huge problems with skating, or even more with cardio. I have already compared him to Kaut, who was slowly "dying" on the ice in places.
The production of that line gas been indeed very good, I don't see how that makes the three forwards better prospects though. Petr has shown he can produce against older opponents, he would almost certainly be at roughly point per game or better pace against his peers. Not that points matter all that much anyway at this point.
I just don't understand how can you watch both Sprynar and Petr and deduct the former is the better prospect. What is he better at? Skating is the only skill he might have an edge at, but Petr made good progress in that area since the first time I have seen him play, back then he was literally walking on the ice, horrible (that was like two years ago.) I too have seen all the U17 games and majority of U18 ones, and everything Sprynar, Stancl and Felcman do well, Petr does as well, if not better. Again, skating being the lone exception. But Stancl and Sprynar aren't great skaters either, both are very average in that regard.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The production of that line gas been indeed very good, I don't see how that makes the three forwards better prospects though. Petr has shown he can produce against older opponents, he would almost certainly be at roughly point per game or better pace against his peers. Not that points matter all that much anyway at this point.
I just don't understand how can you watch both Sprynar and Petr and deduct the former is the better prospect. What is he better at? Skating is the only skill he might have an edge at, but Petr made good progress in that area since the first time I have seen him play, back then he was literally walking on the ice, horrible (that was like two years ago.) I too have seen all the U17 games and majority of U18 ones, and everything Sprynar, Stancl and Felcman do well, Petr does as well, if not better. Again, skating being the lone exception. But Stancl and Sprynar aren't great skaters either, both are very average in that regard.
Sure, I'm not a professional scout and I could be wrong. But that's my opinion. If Petr has really improved dramatically, then I really wouldn't want to see him skate those two years ago. If he plays at a high tempo, without interruption, then he has a huge problem and he really hardly climbs the ice at the end of the substitution. Šprynar and Štancl do not have this obvious shortcoming. I remember sometime during the season (they had similar statistics at the time) that Šalé is a better player than Petr. You commented on this in a similar way, you did not agree that Petr certainly does not lag behind. The rest of the season showed reality. I also remember talking to a scout about the U18 championship. He said that Petr was not at the level of Šalé, that he was holding him back, and that the unfortunate injury actually solved this problem. Maybe that scout didn't know what he was saying, did he?

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

I think Gruber needs to really round out his game if he ever wants to make it to the NHL. Sure he has some very good tools like his vision and especially his fantastic wrist shot. But I really don't like some other aspects of his game. For once he tries way to often to beat opposing defenders by his speed and hands alone, but his skills are not good enough to do that on a regular basis against international competition. Maybe he gets by with this in the subpar swiss junior leagues, but he needs to drop this habit against better opponents. Then he also lacks drive when he doesn't have the puck. He needs to commit harder on both back and forecheck. And he tires to solve problems in the defensive zone to often with elegant passing plays wich leads to turnovers on a regular basis. Finally while his skating speed and acceleration is good he needs to get much stronger on his skates. He gets knocked of the puck way to easy.

As far as Schneller goes I have seen him play in a few games for the junior national teams but that was quite some time ago. I haven't seen him enough recently to give a good opinion.

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Here's a crack at Team Canada:

Riley Heidt - Brayden Yager - Matthew Wood
Zach Benson - Calum Ritchie - Tyler Peddle
Andrew Cristall - Luke Misa - Colby Barlow
Tanner Howe - Denver Barkey - Mathieu Cataford
Ethan Miedema, Ethan Gauthier

Cam Allen - Lukas Dragicevic
Mazden Leslie - Etienne Morin
Tanner Molendyk - Beau Akey
Caden Price

Scott Ratzlaff
Kyle Hagen
Jackson Unger

*of note, lots of natural centers and natural left wings on this roster, so people will have to play their off side.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Sure, I'm not a professional scout and I could be wrong. But that's my opinion. If Petr has really improved dramatically, then I really wouldn't want to see him skate those two years ago. If he plays at a high tempo, without interruption, then he has a huge problem and he really hardly climbs the ice at the end of the substitution. Šprynar and Štancl do not have this obvious shortcoming. I remember sometime during the season (they had similar statistics at the time) that Šalé is a better player than Petr. You commented on this in a similar way, you did not agree that Petr certainly does not lag behind. The rest of the season showed reality. I also remember talking to a scout about the U18 championship. He said that Petr was not at the level of Šalé, that he was holding him back, and that the unfortunate injury actually solved this problem. Maybe that scout didn't know what he was saying, did he?
What reality? Petr was more impactful than Sale in the two games at the U18s, prior to getting injured. This will be Sapovaliv 2.0, who also got no respect to start the season for being slow, having no skills, offers just size nonsense. And now he "suddenly" progressed to a potentially late 1st round talent.

I read the interview with Tichy, scout of Columbus, if that's who you are referring to. How was Petr holding Sale and Kulich back again? Dude recorded 3 points in the two incomplete games he played in, and could have had more if only Sale didn't blow every chance he got. If anything, Sale was the one holding that line back, dude was a complete no show when not on man advantage.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
What reality? Petr was more impactful than Sale in the two games at the U18s, prior to getting injured. This will be Sapovaliv 2.0, who also got no respect to start the season for being slow, having no skills, offers just size nonsense. And now he "suddenly" progressed to a potentially late 1st round talent.

I read the interview with Tichy, scout of Columbus, if that's who you are referring to. How was Petr holding Sale and Kulich back again? Dude recorded 3 points in the two incomplete games he played in, and could have had more if only Sale didn't blow every chance he got. If anything, Sale was the one holding that line back, dude was a complete no show when not on man advantage.
What reality ?? The reality of the whole season. At the time you wrote that Peter was no worse, they had comparable statistics. Maybe he'd like to find out what statistics they had at the end of the season, that .. Your rating of less than two matches, I have to laugh at that. So in the end he actually stopped Petr. A real amused smile. The whole season showed who the better player was. In the end, the statistics clearly corresponded to this, and no doubt Tichý not only evaluated the entire season. That you probably see it exactly the other way around and that you are literally the only person is your problem. And Šapovaliv is definitely not as disastrous a skater as Petr. And to be clear, Petr is not a good skater in general, but first of all we are talking about his cardio, which needs some upgrade and I'm not sure if he will ever be able to. The Kaut case is a clear warning.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What reality ?? The reality of the whole season. At the time you wrote that Peter was no worse, they had comparable statistics. Maybe he'd like to find out what statistics they had at the end of the season, that .. Your rating of less than two matches, I have to laugh at that. So in the end he actually stopped Petr. A real amused smile. The whole season showed who the better player was. In the end, the statistics clearly corresponded to this, and no doubt Tichý not only evaluated the entire season. That you probably see it exactly the other way around and that you are literally the only person is your problem. And Šapovaliv is definitely not as disastrous a skater as Petr. And to be clear, Petr is not a good skater in general, but first of all we are talking about his cardio, which needs some upgrade and I'm not sure if he will ever be able to. The Kaut case is a clear warning.
They are both on hlinka roster. Curious to see how they do! Im hoping 2 more first rounders!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad