2022 Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I disagree, I think Yzerman would offer Nazam Kadri about 4-5 years @ around $8,500,000 to $9,000,000 per and he did grow up a Wings fan and is close to home.
I would be disappointed if he gave Kadri that term and money. It's an awful deal for the Wings and he is going to be on the decline for the entire contract.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I would be disappointed if he gave Kadri that term and money. It's an awful deal for the Wings and he is going to be on the decline for the entire contract.

3 things to note about Kadri:

His age. 32 to start the season is bad. 28 or 29 should be the target age of an unrestricted free agent because of where they are on the decline curve.
His wingers. In Colorado Kadri had Burakovsky and Nichushkin as his primary wingers. That line was pretty much a second 1st line for Colorado. In Detroit he'd maybe have Vrana or Fabbri. Both are not as good as the Colorado wingers.
His usage. He got a lot of PP1 time with Rantanen and Landeskog and Makar. Who on Detroit does he replace on PP1? Does he alone boost our PP to respectability? Doubtful.

The wings aren't getting 87 points in 71 games from Kadri. They're probably overpaying for 60 points in 75 games. And if that's the case throw money at Copp or Trocheck because Detroit would they come in for less and would produce similarly.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If we go after Malkin, it better not be more than 2 years. As for Kadri, I hope they don't sign him because he will likely demand a longer contract for a lot more money than he's worth given the career season he had.

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018

A lil 10min vid with D Mac on Woodwood sportscast and he talks about our drafting and yzerman and the development of guys and how Yzerman isn't going to get a free agent if doesn't fit and so on worth a watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad