Racing: 2022 Formula 1 Season

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If Perez wanted that spot, be a better driver.

You're in the same car as max, and max crashed and had a 5 second time penalty and still finished ahead of you.
... You should probably use the edit function on this one. Perez was screwed by initial strategy combined with Norris retirement and was thus stuck on Mediums at the restart. Vettel had the same problem and finished behind Stroll, despite being faster throughout the weekend.

Reactions: Transplanted Caper

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
For whatever it's worth :

This means exactly what you think it means, even if you don't understand any word to Dutch.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Some basic thoughts from today:

- Felt Lewis was equally, if not more, at fault for that collision with Max. Did not give him space and expected Max to concede. But like Max said, he had nothing to lose and Lewis did.
- Max has raced really well for two years. Perez obviously helped him in certain races last year but any teammate should do that in Perez’ circumstance.
- Max is a weird f***er for not giving Sergio that position
- Sad Lewis could not win, but he made his own bed on lap one

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
So both guys are egotistical assholes?

Ok.

He ignored team orders and screwed over his teammate.

That’s not professional behaviour no matter what Perez said or did.

Idk. Like I said above, if Perez really did crash on purpose in Monaco and then admitted it, I wouldn't want to help him out either.

Max would have gotten by Perez either way with the tire difference. So that would have been Max helping him, not giving him his rightful position.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Idk. Like I said above, if Perez really did crash on purpose in Monaco and then admitted it, I wouldn't want to help him out either.

Max would have gotten by Perez either way with the tire difference. So that would have been Max helping him, not giving him his rightful position.

It doesn’t matter what Max wants, it’s about being a professional member of your racing team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I mean if that's true and Perez admitted it to them, then I don't blame Max one bit.

Well, he'd be ultimately responsible for this alleged incident to come out, and it would hurt Red Bull quite a bit I guess.

Also... The idea that Max doesn't win last year of Checo isn't there (and, say, Albon is) is not controversial at all. If anything, suggesting Max would win WITHOUT Checo would be the controversial take here.

For 2022-2023? ... Lol?

Reactions: Khelandros

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Well, he'd be ultimately responsible for this alleged incident to come out, and it would hurt Red Bull quite a bit I guess.

Also... The idea that Max doesn't win last year of Checo isn't there (and, say, Albon is) is not controversial at all. If anything, suggesting Max would win WITHOUT Checo would be the controversial take here.

For 2022-2023? ... Lol?

Yeah Checo has been a good helper for Max, and he helped him a lot last year.

It's still a bit pathetic to say something like that, but I get that he was emotional at the time.

Max's talent is the biggest and only important reason that he's won two championships.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Max deserved those championships, but a stronger teammate this year and last obviously gave him the kind of help Lewis had during his run at Mercedes. It's in that context where it does look extremely petty for him to not give a 6th place back, today. It meant *nothing* to Max and he did just to do it. If he's going to be in a snit over a perceived thing from 5 months back, I'm not going to begrudge Perez taking a shot across the bow in the immediate aftermath of today.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I mean, Perez is probably the second best driver on the grid at defense, and that defense basically meant Hamilton couldn't pit at Abu Dhabi. Which meant he lost the title.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Just seems like an odd time to “get back” at Perez, I just don’t understand. Max already has the most wins in a season, the championship was locked up weeks ago. Like what the hell

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That Perez crash in Monaco is definitely kind of odd and if done by someone who was P1 at the time, would definitely raise some suspicions but here's a few things.

- Why on earth would he crash on purpose when he's third, just to qualify ahead of Max?
- Doing it the way he did would be really stupid. Going rear first into a barrier can easily damage your gearbox even at a remotely low speed, which I'm sure Checo is well aware of.

If that would indeed the case then fair enough for Max, but if he wanted to get back at him just for crashing then he'd really be 12 years old mentally.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't know man... the more I look at the crash the more I'm inclined to believe it. Perez goes to the throttle very aggressively, and doesn't even try to correct the spin, something which comes to these guys on instinct. I remember thinking at the time that it was a bit odd, but never thought anything more of it.

I don't know if it's something worth bringing up to the speculation, but at Catalunya, the race previous to Monaco, Perez was ordered to move out of the way of Max when he was leading the race.

Ultimately, even if it were clear to anyone from the telemetry that it was intentional, Perez can always claim it was due to a cramp or whatever. When crashgate happened it was Piquet who got the ball rolling after he was kicked out of the team. But I don't know if there will ever be anyone who would want to spill the beans regarding this. Given that, IF it's true, it would have been Perez's idea completely and nothing to do with the team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Max is a SELFISH moron through and through. Checo has countless times either moved over, or downright slowed the field so no one could catch Max, but he can't give up 6th for 7th to help his teammate who already helped him win the Title 2 years in a row. Also, Max is one of the dirtiest racers of all time. I hate Lewis Hamilton, but Max is far dirtier than Lewis ever was. There is virtually no clean race battles involving Max, he either drives straight into people or forces them wide when they clearly had the race line.

When he first came in I liked him and was rooting for him, but he has proven to never race clean anymore and has proven he cares about no one other than himself.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Some basic thoughts from today:

- Felt Lewis was equally, if not more, at fault for that collision with Max. Did not give him space and expected Max to concede. But like Max said, he had nothing to lose and Lewis did.
- Max has raced really well for two years. Perez obviously helped him in certain races last year but any teammate should do that in Perez’ circumstance.
- Max is a weird f***er for not giving Sergio that position
- Sad Lewis could not win, but he made his own bed on lap one

Lewis is at fault in as much that he should know Max won't yield, based on the rules Lewis was entitled to the line he took.

Max drives in a way which means people either get out of the way or there's contact regardless of who is entitled to the line, it's why he's got the most penalty points on the grid since he debuted and only Gasly has more active points than him.

It should have been addressed a long time ago, but for the benefit of entertainment it's been allowed to go unchecked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad