Racing: 2022 Formula 1 Season

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Seems about right the punishment, interesting to see whether it will be enough to end Red Bull's recent dominance next season.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Seems about right the punishment, interesting to see whether it will be enough to end Red Bull's recent dominance next season.
Development on the 2023 car is probably complete at this point. The reduction in budget probably means nothing now.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The 7 mil is just largely meaningless money, not a cap penalty, but 10 % less time testing the aerodynamics until October 2023 is going to slow them down for quite a while. You have to mind that the world champions already have a 70 % limit compared to the norm based on their competitive advantage and so in the case of Red Bull it's now down to 63 %. Meanwhile Mercedes gets to use 80 % of the norm. That's 54 more windtunnel and 340 more computer test runs per testing period than their biggest rivals.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The race was awesome in Austin, never been there before but my girlfriend and I had a blast. Austin seems to have a great culture and tons of great restaurants and bars, we partied a bit more than I wanted to but that will happen on vacation lol. Getting to the track was relatively easy from the city (we got a parking pass instead of using the shuttle, which most people recommended) we parked at lot R which was a good distance from the track but made getting out of there easier if you can do the walking. It was hot but thankfully abnormally windy for Texas which made the weather beautiful. Luckily the race was pretty good and as a Merc fan I was really fired up seeing Lewis almost win, we were at turn 6 looking towards the chicane and you could see Max inch closer and closer each time they passed. The cars are a bit quieter but they sounded super badass, it was really really cool seeing them in person. Expensive weekend but overall a great time, just be prepared for a lot of walking if you ever go and being around tons of people, it was crazy crowds. By far the most popular driver was Checo (I assume that was geographically influenced) and saw more Redbull shirts than any other team.

Attachments

• 8462EE50-D9DB-4C8E-B179-CBD4E69A661D.jpeg
    8462EE50-D9DB-4C8E-B179-CBD4E69A661D.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Anyone following the Alonso Hamilton drama? Lewis just lil bro’d Alonso :laugh::laugh:

Fernando complaining about "chasing headlines" or whatever was pretty silly. I mean...he said what he said...and has been around long enough and is smart enough to know what he was doing. Lewis with the pitch perfect response, though.

Reactions: max21

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
In the end Alonso and Hamilton didn't really get to fight for titles against each other in their careers besides 2007. So it's funny to see they're still that much in each other's heads after 15 years.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Going to be a boring Netflix series

The saga of Ricciardo will be front and centre. Verstappen agreed to participate again, the first half Mercedes faceplant and Seb's swan song. They'll find enough.

One thing that's fascinating, though, and the larger challenge DTS faces, is the bigger and bigger F1 gets it gets more exposed for its holes. Someone who hasn't watched F1 or maybe only watch casually may look at the framing and get intrigued, but if it gets you into watching every weekend, the next season where Netflix invents weird rivalries that don't exist and hop around the calendar out of order might fall flatter.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This place really doesn't get enough recognition for how... not good of a track it is.
It's not the track itself -- don't get me wrong, it's not great, but it's not completely awful either -- but rather the combination of inherent low grip due to altitude and soapy soft tarmac, meaning everything turn look super slow, and since it's rather twisty past T4, well, the whole thing looks like a race between super bloated F3s.

If this track looked like Monza, it could be interesting. Cutting the Peraltada was a crime against racing humanity.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Looking forward to the last race of the season. Interlagos is the best track on the calendar as far as I'm concerned and when there's no title fight I can pretend the Yas Marina Circuit doesn't exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad