20United States Grand PrixCircuit of the Americas23 October
21Mexico City Grand PrixAutódromo Hermanos Rodriguez30 October
22São Paulo Grand Prix *Interlagos Circuit13 November
23Abu Dhabi Grand PrixYas Marina Circuit20 November
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

* sprint race weekend

Some key notes about the calendar:

- Introduction of the Miami Grand Prix in May
- Last race at the Jeddah Circuit, as the Saudi Arabian GP moves to Qiddiya in 2023
- Last race at the Sochi Circuit, as the Russian GP moves to Igora Drive in 2023
- No Qatar GP in 2022, but it'll return to the calendar in 2023.
- Australian, Canadian, Japanese and Singapore GP to return after a two year Covid break.
- Two races in the US for the first time since 1984.

Read about the significant regulation changes here.

10 things you need to know about the all-new 2022 F1 car | Formula 1®

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
@JoVel , you may want to add the info regarding Sprint Races too (via asterisk or whatever -- it's your post, after all).

Barhein, Imola, Gilles-Villeneuve, Red Bull Ring, Zandvoort, Interlagos

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
@JoVel , you may want to add the info regarding Sprint Races too (via asterisk or whatever -- it's your post, after all).

Barhein, Imola, Gilles-Villeneuve, Red Bull Ring, Zandvoort, Interlagos
... not gonna lie, I completely forgot they were a thing.

Reactions: J T Money

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Might not see Hamilton this season:

Hamilton is "disillusioned" with F1, his Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has said, as a result of last year's title-deciding race.
Hamilton lost the championship to Red Bull's Max Verstappen after FIA race director Michael Masi did not apply the rules correctly in a late safety-car period.
Insiders say Hamilton has lost trust in the governing body as a result.

Unhappy Hamilton undecided on F1 future

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
dont blame hamilton if he doesnt come back they legit screwed him at the end of season..

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
well-bye.gif

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
What happened at the end of last year was the purest form of karma. Both he and Bottas ruined two of Verstappen’s races. The season should have been over weeks before.

Plus literally every time Max and Lewis are in a corner, it’s always randomly determined that Max pushed off Lewis, with no consistency whatsoever. Then at the start of Abu Dhabi, Lewis runs off the track, and “gave back the advantage” yet he ended up with a wider gap there even was before.

I don’t believe any of these stories anyway about Lewis contemplating quitting, but if these are true, then cry me a f***ing river.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He's not gonna be retiring. It was the same stupid rumors last off season that he'd hang them up based on absolutely nothing.

As long as the 'evidence' of Hamilton contemplating retiring is him unfollowing people on Instagram, there's nothing to be taken seriously yet.

Reactions: DaveG

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Red Bull juniors' fight to the AlphaTauri seats in 2023 will be an interesting watch in the upcoming F2 season. Five RB juniors on the gird; Hauger, Daruvala, Lawson, Vips and Iwasa. In a dream scenario (for the RB juniors that is) Gasly moves up to Red Bull in 2023 and Tsunoda continues to struggle, leaving two seats open.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I need help. The 2022 car has a bottom side Venturi air channels. Is there an opening below to create suction to enhance down force? Is there an expansion afterwards to drop the down stream pressure?

Does anyone have access to technical info. Maybe design sketches?

Last edited:

Cruor

May 12, 2012
23 races is borderline crazy, I wonder when all the support staff/mechanics/etc start speaking out. Good to see F1 branch out and seize on the NA market though. Looks like Drive to Survive on Netflix brought in a lot of younger and more diverse fans.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
23 races is borderline crazy, I wonder when all the support staff/mechanics/etc start speaking out. Good to see F1 branch out and seize on the NA market though. Looks like Drive to Survive on Netflix brought in a lot of younger and more diverse fans.
It'd probably take a strike from a large amount of mechanics and other staff from multiple teams to make a difference. Not much leverage in the position they're in.

But I agree. Races used to feel much more special than what they do now. In my mind the sweet spot is somewhere around 18-20 races a season. But you know what they say. Cash is king.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I would've liked to forget it, too.

... They even managed to put one at what's possibly the second worst circuit to do so (Imola)
No kidding, didn't even really care much for them if they were going to be one-offs, I'm legitimately annoyed that they're not only coming back but increasing. Not that qualifying doesn't have its own issues but it's still better than sprint qualifying by a mile.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Races used to feel much more special than what they do now. In my mind the sweet spot is somewhere around 18-20 races a season. But you know what they say. Cash is king.

I always thought 20 was clearly too many already, back when there were 16 races each year it never felt like any more would be better. When they made it 17 it was still whatever, but with 18 and 19 in subsequent years it already started to give the impression of diluted value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad