GDT: 2022 AL Wild Card Series: (4) Toronto Blue Jays vs (5) Seattle Mariners

TOR vs SEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t know much about the Mariners. Anyone want to give me some info about them?

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
As an Astros fan i'm conflicted about who to face. That Jay's offense is formidable but they give up their fair share of runs.

We know the Mariners and have fared well against them.

Bring on whichever . Either way should be a good series. Think we beat either in 4 games... Hopefully

As for this series? I'll say Mariners in 3

Edit- i double checked and apparently the Jays are 7th in the A.L in R.A and 13th league wide. Much better then I originally thought.. Sorry Jays fans

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
As an Astros fan i'm conflicted about who to face. That Jay's offense is formidable but they give up their fair share of runs.

We know the Mariners and have fared well against them.

Bring on whichever . Either way should be a good series. Think we beat either in 4 games... Hopefully

As for this series? I'll say Mariners in 3

Edit- i double checked and apparently the Jays are 7th in the A.L in R.A and 13th league wide. Much better then I originally thought.. Sorry Jays fans
We improved quite a bit as the season went on in that respect. Also our offense is so good people over look our pitching because it isn't as good in contrast.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
If Seattles starting pitching and bullpen shows up the way they can then I'll feel confident. Robbie rays recent form gives me the fear though.

After making the play offs for the first time in 21 years we are playing with house money and have nothing to lose. Which should be scary.

If we get through I worry about Houston though. We suck against them even when they were bad.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
They have a terrific bullpen.

Julio Rodriguez is a stud. Cal Raleigh and Eugenio Suarez are their 2 other big power bats. Mitch Haniger can also be a problem.

Castillo will start Game 1 and he's really good. It will be interesting to see if they go with Robbie Ray in this series against his old team or they go with 2 good young righties in George Kirby and Logan Gilbert.

I have the Jays in 3.

Reactions: Langdon Alger

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They have a terrific bullpen.

Julio Rodriguez is a stud. Cal Raleigh and Eugenio Suarez are their 2 other big power bats. Mitch Haniger can also be a problem.

Castillo will start Game 1 and he's really good. It will be interesting to see if they go with Robbie Ray in this series against his old team or they go with 2 good young righties in George Kirby and Logan Gilbert.

I have the Jays in 3.
I think they have already said they are going Castillo-Ray-Gilbert.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
M's have decent starting pitching, and there 'pen isv realy good. They're offense lacks a little bit to be desirable. Their best hitter, J-rod, came back about a week ago from a back injury. Not sure he's all that healthy you right now. They didn't have the greatest September. Plus yesterday I'm assuming they had to fly halfway across the continent. Jay's starting pitching is good, they're Bullpen is much better than you'd think. And you could make a valid argument that they have the best lineup in the league. Jays in 2

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1665163183525.png
1665163200235.png

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Geno Suarez puts SEA ahead with a double.

Raleigh continues to make his place in Mariners lore, 2 run shot. 3-0 Seattle.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Manoah choosing a bad time to lay an egg to say the least...you had to figure out of 8 elite pitchers going today someone was gonna likely bomb

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mariners squander a great chance to tack on some runs in the 2nd. Castillo looked great in the first but we'll see if that comes back to bite them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00