Prospect Info: [2022 - 26th] Filip Mesar (OHL - Kitchener Rangers)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
From my own list:

9-Filip Mesar LW

Deceptively fast and talended, Mesar plays a high paced game and can make high level plays at top speed. He is pretty shifty, has great edges and his feet always moving. Kid can turn on a dime and change direction with baffling ease, what makes him highly imprevisible and tough to defend. Has a high compete and is highly combative.

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Kinda strange to go into the draft with wing as the strongest position and draft two of them. I guess they don't see upside to the D and centres in this draft.
They're simply taking the BPA on their list. That's the way to do it. They're thinking long-term.

Reactions: A stormy night

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
f***ing love this pick.

One of my favorites in the draft. He's a little waterbug out there, insane skating and agility. His hands are top notch. I think he can play down the middle. He's a lot like Noah Ostlund.
Ya there’s upside. His edges and hands are both top tier. That alone makes him dangerous. His shot baffles me though. Sometimes looks good. Sometimes looks like a muffin. If he develops that he can be a dangerous scoring line guy.

I’d have taken Kulich though. Plus Lambert was there depending on how his interviews went.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ya there’s upside. His edges and hands are both top tier. That alone makes him dangerous. His shot baffles me though. Sometimes looks good. Sometimes looks like a muffin. If he develops that he can be a dangerous scoring line guy.

I’d have taken Kulich though. Plus Lambert was there depending on how his interviews went.

Kulich was a great option, agreed.. but can't complain with Mesar

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Filip Mesar looks like the offspring of Nazem Kadri and John Tavares and his play reminds me a bit of one of my favourite habs from the 90s. Oleg Petrov.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Um, is it true that Marty Lapointe said that they factored in Mesar playing with Slafkovsky in making the pick? I certainly hope not, you don't pick a player partly because he has played with another player.

No it didn't factor in. Hughes said it didn't.

Reactions: Guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad