Prospect Info: [2022 - 26th] Filip Mesar (OHL - Kitchener Rangers)

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Sure he’s wait and see but the guy’s been pretty dominant this year. Gets hurt and goes cold. I’d give him the benefit of a doubt. He’s a tremendous talent who’s had little to nothing to criticize him over this whole year

How many games did he play with us so far, so it is wait and see imo

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Small guys better have out of this world skills, bc there is nothing for them in the NHL if they don't bring serious offense... Habs have waded too long in the small guy pool of lackluster small prospects...
There's a reason the career AHLer/ECHLer top scorers are almost always undersized.. and yet never get the call up or staying power in the NHL.
There is a serious disadvantage being short in this league as all players are fast enough to catch/contain them now.. so they better have God given talent elsewhere to compensate.
Mesar was a total miss.. if he had what it takes to drive offense he'd be tearing up the point board.. in D+2 hes a bust...

League minimum height-lbs ratio for career player should be 6'0" 185lbs. Every physical metric that falls below this threshold, the player must have exceptional skills elsewhere.

Look how useless small guys are on our roster if not contributing to offense..

5'9" RHP- total whatever, waste of space
5'9" Gally- total whatever, though he has Godlike drive so can teach youth.. waste of Cap and space

5'11" Newhook: total bland player, barely has value
5'11" Harris: totally lost, no attributable talent, waste of space
5'11" Gignac: total whatever, waste of space
5'11" Mitchell: total whatever, waste of space.

2 slots max (we have 8)
5'11" Suzuki Imagine a 6'2" Suzuki, he'd be Ryan Getzlaf... nevertheless, godgiven leadership.
5'8" CC basically a debrincat 2.0. Nice regular season sniper, point driver.

Repeat: no more than 2 slots available.. if Michkov were drafted, 1 of he or CC would be traded (can't have 2).. you guys have to stop looking at the highlight reels.. if we replaced the milkdud 4 smurfs: with 6'2" vanilla players (like Armia), our team instantly has 10 more points in the standings. Thats right, i would prefer 6x Armias over: RHP, GALLY, NEWHOOK, HARRIS, MITCHEL, GIGNAC. i calssify this as a +5win WAR

I think Hugo understands this, which is why our D future looks tough and scary as hell..
Newhook & Mesar have been the only errors in Hugos term so far..

There is NO MORE room for small guys.. 2 should be max. Small guys need to be the exception to a team not the norm, this is why they are rendered useless here. Habs are still too small, too easy to defend.

And yes, Hutson should be a sell now, bc his value as a trajectory will never be higher... sry my friends, this string bean is never going to last in the NHL as a Defender.. unless he is used as pseudo-1-3-1 formation as a changeup, he can bring nothing else defensively..
I don’t agree with anything you said about Newhook.

He’s an elite 3rd line player that helps this team compete when it is ready. The points will come. He’s developing on a good contract. Injuries may be an issue.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

He’s an elite 3rd line player that helps this team compete when it is ready. The points will come. He’s developing on a good contract. Injuries may be an issue.
What's your definition of an Elite 3rd liner?

I'm thinking it'd be prime NJD John Madden, and Newhook is far from that.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
They're not even playing him on the top line any more, he's from europe, he's made differently, he's not jelling with the rangers future AHLers...big deal. He wasn't jelling with OHL All Star, Francesco Pinelli, where is he now? 9 pts in 42 AHL games...what a joke. You think Rehkopf is all that better?

Im not worried one second, Mesar showed he was a leader and led his national team. Next year he'll make the AHL club and he'll be one of the best offensive players.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
They're not even playing him on the top line any more, he's from europe, he's made differently, he's not jelling with the rangers future AHLers...big deal. He wasn't jelling with OHL All Star, Francesco Pinelli, where is he now? 9 pts in 42 AHL games...what a joke. You think Rehkopf is all that better?

Im not worried one second, Mesar showed he was a leader and led his national team. Next year he'll make the AHL club and he'll be one of the best offensive players.
Is it time to blame the coach again?

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
In the last 3 games, Kitchener has scored 18 goals. Mesar has none! If he is not contributing offensively, there is a problem.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

15 / 30 points players who can be a 20 / 40 player if you increase his TOI in a top 6 when there's injury. Guys with either grit, size or physicality. Pain to play against. Good defensively. Good forechecker. Good pker.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
In the last 3 games, Kitchener has scored 18 goals. Mesar has none! If he is not contributing offensively, there is a problem.
If you don't watch the games there is no way to know. He is making plays and setting up chances. Can't remember that being reciprocated many times.

Reactions: HankyZetts

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
We'll end up with a big nothing in Toffoli's trade. That isn't good asset management.

Hopefully that doesn't happen with Monahan's.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

John Madden was an all-star 3rd liner, Can play anywhere in the lineup but, stylistically, he pairs well with the 3rd line. Elite to me is not as consistent as a top 3rd line player can play let's say all-star or superstar 3rd liners for example.

Who knows if I am right or not just how I see the league sometimes.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
15 / 30 points players who can be a 20 / 40 player if you increase his TOI in a top 6 when there's injury. Guys with either grit, size or physicality. Pain to play against. Good defensively. Good forechecker. Good pker.
Do you feel that describes Newhook, right now?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Developed?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Themilosh must be a women everyone under 6' is a *total whatever* :eyeroll:

Just imagine if Zuki was 6'3 💘

• Haha
Reactions: jaffy27

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I mean Sebastian Collberg wasn't that long ago.

Not saying Mesar will do a Collberg, but WJC performances often get overrated.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I mean Sebastian Collberg wasn't that long ago.

Not saying Mesar will do a Collberg, but WJC performances often get overrated.

He was playing along a 6th rounder and made him score 9 pts and he was part of the leadership group.

He's the real deal but he's misunderstood as a player because we're only judging him based off his production and not what he brings on the ice and off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad