Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Just a quick early update on KHL results for this past draft.

Michkov not starting the KHL year off good, 4 games in and he has been scratched for 3 of them. And 0 points in the game he played.
And in that only game he had 6:12 TOI.
As I said before, SKA is a very specific team with specific "head coach", who said that he wants to move Michkov to a C position.
The best scenario for MM is loan to other team.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
What can you tell us about Demidov?
Tbh, I didn`t see his games yet. He has just 9:04 ATOI.
He hasn`t hype like Michkov had. His contract is one year shorter, that`s nice. And as I know, he hasn`t attitude issues.
But he is in SKA, it is not the best org for development. If Michkov had stayed in Yaroslavl and didn`t move to SKA, he would develop much better.
So at this moment I would prefer to pick Levshunov, if SJS will get number 3 pick. But lets see.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Tbh, I didn`t see his games yet. He has just 9:04 ATOI.
He hasn`t hype like Michkov had. His contract is one year shorter, that`s nice. And as I know, he hasn`t attitude issues.
But he is in SKA, it is not the best org for development. If Michkov had stayed in Yaroslavl and didn`t move to SKA, he would develop much better.
So at this moment I would prefer to pick Levshunov, if SJS will get number 3 pick. But lets see.
Thanks for the insights. Perhaps keep us updated as the season progresses? It’s always nice when someone can see games and provide context on young players.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Thanks for the insights. Perhaps keep us updated as the season progresses? It’s always nice when someone can see games and provide context on young players.
OK.
One more interesting info, there is different data about Gushchin`s height and weight on different sites. The real digits are 176 cm (5`9`` 1/4) and 78 kg (172 lbs).

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
OK.
One more interesting info, there is different data about Gushchin`s height and weight on different sites. The real digits are 176 cm (5`9`` 1/4) and 78 kg (172 lbs).

NHL.com/SJSHARKS.com:
1694455867162.png

Capfriendly:
1694455936310.png

inches.gif (R.I.P. R. Lee Ermey)

Looks like he's growing faster than the internet can keep up with. Hooray!! Thanks for the info!!!

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Just a quick early update on KHL results for this past draft.

Michkov not starting the KHL year off good, 4 games in and he has been scratched for 3 of them. And 0 points in the game he played.
The first reports on the were discussing his attitude problems again, now it’s lack of ice time again. At least Garbage Tier Grier avoided this guy, starting to look like a Yakupov 2.0

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice and Coily

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Vlasic was getting that deal regardless of his play that season. DW would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

Eh, let's not be that fanbase. Michkov was never even a Shark so celebrating his failure seems excessive.
More so for the ones that hate that we did not select him and spending a 4th on him was better then spending the 4th on Smith. Did not matter all of the extra curricular events that come with Michkov. And the team he is signed to not playing him at all was not even one of those events that brought up in all of the talks during the pre-draft talk. But not that surprising coming from Russia.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
More so for the ones that hate that we did not select him and spending a 4th on him was better then spending the 4th on Smith. Did not matter all of the extra curricular events that come with Michkov. And the team he is signed to not playing him at all was not even one of those events that brought up in all of the talks during the pre-draft talk. But not that surprising coming from Russia.
It sounds like Michkov was loaned back to Sochi so I would expect him to start tearing it up over there.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think Muk should start in the NHL this season unless he has a very bad camp. He did great in the KHL and then came over for a brief stint in the AHL and blew the competition away with getting 10pts in 12 games. To me its seems pretty clear that going from the KHL to AHL is a downgrade in competition, Its better for him to play with the Sharks.

I hope that Muk gets some pp action and the Sharks have two defenceman on it. Shakir has a great shot from the upper circle and I'd like him to be able to get it off.
Mukhamadullin should absolutely start in the AHL. If he’s destroying the league at the half way mark, then bring him up, but the last thing we need is our only legit defense prospect being left out to the wolves on this horrendous Sharks team all while he tries to fully acclimate to NA ice.

Never give a young player a spot. Always make him earn it. If he’s too good for the AHL, it’ll become apparent.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Mukhamadullin should absolutely start in the AHL. If he’s destroying the league at the half way mark, then bring him up, but the last thing we need is our only legit defense prospect being left out to the wolves on this horrendous Sharks team all while he tries to fully acclimate to NA ice.

Never give a young player a spot. Always make him earn it. If he’s too good for the AHL, it’ll become apparent.
A rare occurrence in the Sharks' organization in the past 15 years. They constantly called up guys who weren't good in the AHL.

Reactions: DG93

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Mueller's problem wasn't being rushed, but himself and his inability to read at NHL speed. He just cannot adjust to smaller NHL ice. He's back over in EU on larger ice with more time to read. Even still, he's not good in the playoffs over there.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
And Mirco Mueller being exhibit A of rushing a prospect and f*cking up development
Although prospects with his profile generally don't do that well in the long run anyways. I can't really think of any defense first prospects who didn't put up points in juniors that made the show. I remember back in the day that SJeasy was pretty anti-Mueller for his poor production. Maybe he could've eked out a role if he stayed in juniors like he should have but he didn't have much going for him in terms of hockey iq to begin with.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
And Mirco Mueller being exhibit A of rushing a prospect and f*cking up development
Mirco Mueller didn't have his development ruined. He just was not a good prospect to begin with. There's a major difference. He never was going to develop into enough of a puck mover to play in the modern NHL based on his abysmal junior point production. He was just a bad draft pick.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad