Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggdoh

Aug 25, 2022
if we're tanking lets sign Thornton to 700k so I can see his rooster finally, this is the year
It's been so sad to see Thornton labor around the ice the last couple of seasons when his legs are pretty clearly gone. Let the man retire and close the book on a great career. It would have been nice if he'd gotten a cup with Florida, but it just isn't happening and it's time to accept that.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
FB_IMG_1661482717061.jpg

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Q: Miss Hertl of Czechia, if you could do one thing to help make the world a better place, what would it be?

Hertl: You know, I make it so fun must be always. You know, get pucks deep, shoot puck, score goals, fun all the time.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Neutral fan here. Would love to get some shark fans opinions on E.K. Do you feel his production will increase with burns now gone? Thanks in advanced

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Neutral fan here. Would love to get some shark fans opinions on E.K. Do you feel his production will increase with burns now gone? Thanks in advanced

Burns didn't start breaking out until after Dan Boyle left, so I expect to see a similar increase with EK65.

Reactions: Alwalys

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Burns didn't start breaking out until after Dan Boyle left, so I expect to see a similar increase with EK65.
Was Burns playing much defense when Boyle was around? I thought he was a forward through much of Boyle's tenure here in San Jose.

• Haha

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’d guess no. EK’s best year by the eye test with the sharks was last year. Thing is though he was playing against secondary comp in a more sheltered role. I’d be surprised if he was expected to take at least some of the top comp if not most of it. His production should still be fine but don’t think it’s going to increase considering he was at almost a 60 PPG pace.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Im voting no because the forwards still suck though he should see a lot of minutes with Timo/Hertl on the ice

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Was Burns playing much defense when Boyle was around? I thought he was a forward through much of Boyle's tenure here in San Jose.
I think it was either close to 50-50 or a little more on the defense. They only had three seasons together.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
His per-game production is very likely to increase due to the combination of:

A) Being the focal point the PP is built around. From a coaching point of view, it is nearly impossible to create a PP that works with both Burn's and EK65's skill sets.

B) Quinn's increased focus on the PP.

I also think we will see a significant difference at EV. While the Sharks are going to need at least 2-3 surprises at the forward position to truly have a playoff-level forward group they have improved the bottom 9 enough that is should lead to better play and less time in the defensive zone.

While the case can be made that they appear to have far too many replacement-level forwards the reality of last season is that a significant portion of the forward group was below replacement level. This is going to have an impact on what EK65 is going to be asked to do and the results since the average Sharks forward this season is going to be significantly better away from the puck and win significantly more 50/50 battles.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

On a point per game basis, probably

The problem is that you can pencil in for EK to miss 25+ games every year, he's never played more than 56 games in a season as a Shark (sure, he played 92% of the season in the weird 56 game post-covid year, but that just meant there was less opportunity for him to get hurt), so projecting his point TOTALS is basically impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad