B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hater.

I like that winky face. @Ice-Tray has taught us you can insult the f*** out of the poster your posting with but end it with a winky face and its all good.
:laugh:
Lol, I deal with people directly though, and never hold grudges after heated hockey arguments.

You just post miserable vomit off Twitter and hate on strangers who don’t know or care that you exist, from a safe distance.

Different strokes… ;)

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Are the B-Sens ever going to be terrible next year? Damn
If they run purely off current Ottawa prospects, absolutely they will be awful. There is a world, though, where the parent club ruthlessly trims down their prospect pool this summer by not qualifying some guys, and beefs up Belleville by signing some long time AHL veterans to lucrative (by AHL standards) minor league only deals. All of a sudden, your AHL affiliate is good again. It all depends on what direction the parent club wants to take...

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If they run purely off current Ottawa prospects, absolutely they will be awful. There is a world, though, where the parent club ruthlessly trims down their prospect pool this summer by not qualifying some guys, and beefs up Belleville by signing some long time AHL veterans to lucrative (by AHL standards) minor league only deals. All of a sudden, your AHL affiliate is good again. It all depends on what direction the parent club wants to take...

But that costs money. so....

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why do you say that ?

We're just bringing Ostapchuk, Merilainen and Boucher. Not a big haul for the B-Sens

Greig, JBD and Crookshank shouldn't be back, I expect them to be on the big club (and they should)

Aren't we going to lose Thomson and Sokolov on waivers? I guess they'll still have some value so a trade?

Where is Kleven going to play? Could be a good boost if he plays in the AHL

Lodin is RFA and could decide to head back to Sweden if he doesn't see opportunity

Chartier, Lucchini and Sabourin are UFAs

We'll be hard pressed to remain afloat in terms of talent. The team finished 26th overall and had a -25 differential

Yeah but the manager is still going to be Pierre Dorion who has not proven that he can properly build a roster and/or hire an efficient coaching staff for 6+ years now, and in both leagues.

The only jolts of success we had were highly related to the strength of our prospect pool (which was largely due to having premium assets for sale in the firesale and also picking high for years). Now that the strength of our pool is going downhill...

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We're just bringing Ostapchuk, Merilainen and Boucher. Not a big haul for the B-Sens

Greig, JBD and Crookshank shouldn't be back, I expect them to be on the big club (and they should)

Aren't we going to lose Thomson and Sokolov on waivers? I guess they'll still have some value so a trade?

Where is Kleven going to play? Could be a good boost if he plays in the AHL

Lodin is RFA and could decide to head back to Sweden if he doesn't see opportunity

Chartier, Lucchini and Sabourin are UFAs

We'll be hard pressed to remain afloat in terms of talent. The team finished 26th overall and had a -25 differential

Yeah but the manager is still going to be Pierre Dorion who has not proven that he can properly build a roster and/or hire an efficient coaching staff for 6+ years now, and in both leagues.

The only jolts of success we had were highly related to the strength of our prospect pool (which was largely due to having premium assets for sale in the firesale and also picking high for years). Now that the strength of our pool is going downhill...
AHL rosters are filled during the summer. Our budget has kept our AHL team underfunded. I’m pretty sure the team will be fine.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
AHL rosters are filled during the summer. Our budget has kept our AHL team underfunded. I’m pretty sure the team will be fine.

Hopefully AHL budget will grow too with new ownership

I don't have the numbers so hard to compare with other markets but it seems that we have spent money, maybe not the right way like on the main team? Clark Bishop @ 200 000$ for example

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully AHL budget will grow too with new ownership

I don't have the numbers so hard to compare with other markets but it seems that we have spent money, maybe not the right way like on the main team? Clark Bishop @ 200 000$ for example
Every AHL team has some career vet AHL players that teams bring in to show the young guys the ropes & help them play the game the right way or the way the coaches or oganization wants them to play. They can also help teams to be playoff teams to help their prospects know what it means & costs to be a playoff team & go on a long run. Sometimes these things work out & sometimes they don't but every team seems to do it.

Remember when Corey Locke was making around $300K playing in Binghamton. There are plenty of examples of this & then there are the examples of players with high one way contracts being buried in the AHL with ludicrous salaries like Wade Redden was at $6 mil per yr.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Every AHL team has some career vet AHL players that teams bring in to show the young guys the ropes & help them play the game the right way or the way the coaches or oganization wants them to play. They can also help teams to be playoff teams to help their prospects know what it means & costs to be a playoff team & go on a long run. Sometimes these things work out & sometimes they don't but every team seems to do it.

Remember when Corey Locke was making around $300K playing in Binghamton. There are plenty of examples of this & then there are the examples of players with high one way contracts being buried in the AHL with ludicrous salaries like Wade Redden was at $6 mil per yr.

The problem is it hasn't worked for 6 years and we have been a rebuilding team, outside of last year where they got eliminated after 2 playoff games and the year where the season got canceled. A rebuilding team absolutely needs to be good at the AHL level.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Are the B-Sens ever going to be terrible next year? Damn
Don’t think it’s really going to change all that much. Well depends son a few things. Lucchini may get a nice offer elsewhere. They’ll gain kleven. Lose jbd. Maybe lose lassi.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Don’t think it’s really going to change all that much. Well depends son a few things. Lucchini may get a nice offer elsewhere. They’ll gain kleven. Lose jbd. Maybe lose lassi.
Depends on if the team wants to spend to have a contending team down there. It’s not hard, we have to have the budget for it.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's not hard... yet we can't seem to be able to construct an efficient roster with efficient coaching at both levels

I wonder what could be the reason? :innocent:

Not going to change all that much could mean no playoffs again, which brings us back to my initial "terrible" point, particularly considering the going on 7 years with very little success at any level.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The fact that Belleville turned into a tire fire is another strike against Dorion, in my view. His job is to oversee and properly manage that asset for ownership. Look at what the Marlies are for the Leafs, what the Rocket are for the Habs, and then look at the asset in Belleville. Yet another reason to send this guy back to scouting where he belongs...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's not hard... yet we can't seem to be able to construct an efficient roster with efficient coaching at both levels

I wonder what could be the reason? :innocent:

Not going to change all that much could mean no playoffs again, which brings us back to my initial "terrible" point, particularly considering the going on 7 years with very little success at any level.
What does this mean (bolded) after they just had 5 guys put up over 60 pts each something that is not only extremely rare in Ottawa, it's extremely rare in the NHL. And this was without Formenton all yr & Norris who only played 9 games. Their top six over delivered while their bottom six under delivered msotly due to the loss of Norris & Formenton.

They also had 3 defencemen over 30 pts, again rare in the NHL while Chabot had an off yr, Chychrun was traded at the TDL & Zub missed 29 games. The defence was under fire for most of the yr but eventually got straightened out.

They have an efficient roster, it was goaltending that let them down with the injuries to both NHL goalies all yr & specifically near the end of the season when they needed them the most. When they left for that western roadtrip where they needed to win they left with two rookie goaltenders who had less than 3 games of NHL experience between them. That's what cost them the season & why they missed the playoffs.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The fact that Belleville turned into a tire fire is another strike against Dorion, in my view. His job is to oversee and properly manage that asset for ownership. Look at what the Marlies are for the Leafs, what the Rocket are for the Habs, and then look at the asset in Belleville. Yet another reason to send this guy back to scouting where he belongs...
It’s actually Bowness’s direct job as the AGM, he is essentially the GM of Belleville. The budget for the AHL team may be pinched due to the board.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad