Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think Roy would make a much better GM than coach, his eye for talent is actually very good.

That said, the inner strife of how to build the team was evident as time went on. The Avs would have been a team more like LA (of the Sutter generation) or Tampa in their style than the Avs of today. Bigger players that lean on teams defensively, play aggressive, physical man defensive systems, and free flowing offensive systems. Selections like Jost over Chychrun. Bleakley over litterally anyone else (or trading it). Plus the lack of any real defensemen to play Roy's style just killed it.

We will certainly see if that style can be built from the ground up again. That's exactly what Detroit is building to.

Well I mean, isn't that what Seattle's going for? They went out of their way to get big, burly defensemen and while they went for some slick skill guys, they still look like they're favoring grit.

Still irks me that even after that huge amount of dissonance between Roy and Pracey, that Pracey was allowed to run another draft.

I really would love to see Roy get another shot at running an NHL team. I'm not confident he could do it, but I'd like to see him get that chance, and the NHL is much more entertaining when he's in it.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We need to petition for a crying emoji to be added. I keep staring at the report button lol. 😒

You know when you look at Domi's point totals and try to convince yourself you're desperate.
In all seriousness, if the Avs are gonna go full Avs they will get somebody we don't expect at all.

I'm still holding out hope for Boone Jenner, but I have a hard time seeing Columbus trade their captain away. Especially since Jenner has shown that if played with two better offensive players, he can produce.

Another name I think might sneakily be out there for the right deal is Sam Bennett.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In all seriousness, if the Avs are gonna go full Avs they will get somebody we don't expect at all.

I'm still holding out hope for Boone Jenner, but I have a hard time seeing Columbus trade their captain away. Especially since Jenner has shown that if played with two better offensive players, he can produce.
If I'm hoping for anyone like that it's Larkin.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Here's something funny.

Landy on LTIR = 7M cap space
Avs are currently using 1.73M of that LTIR cap space
So we have 5.27M available

Vrana's cap hit is 5.25M

We can have him for as long as Landy is on LTIR

Reactions: Chiarelli

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

We should just start paper transactions for EJ and Manson. Maybe we get lucky.
Here's something funny.

Landy on LTIR = 7M cap space
Avs are currently using 1.73M of that LTIR cap space
So we have 5.27M available

Vrana's cap hit is 5.25M

We can have him for as long as Landy is on LTIR

Now you all are coming around on the any top six forward thing lol. Is this the way we should use that space though? Assume-ing they're willing to shut Landy down for the year..

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kucherov it is!
Or just waive him or someone else when Landy comes back. If it's 2 months well it's 2 months of having a good player in your lineup for free.

I'm not sure if it's doable but if it is then why not do it?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Now you all are coming around on the any top six forward thing lol. Is this the way we should use that space though? Assume-ing they're willing to shut Landy down for the year..
Bednar told us today that he is coming back so we shouldn't assume that at all.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Or just waive him or someone else when Landy comes back. If it's 2 months well it's 2 months of having a good player in your lineup for free.

I don't believe his full cap hit goes away if Landeskog was to return and you just waived the guy

Geeeeez I’d take Vrana in an instant over those two knobs
Bertuzzi showed he can produce at a pretty high rate offensively on this current iteration of the Red Wings so he makes sense, vax status and all.

It's choosing Fabbri over Vrana that really surprises me.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Waiving a guy doesn’t clear much unless someone claims. If he clears you’re stuck with all but $800k or something like that on the cap.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Waiving a guy doesn’t clear much unless someone claims. If he clears you’re stuck with all but $800k or something like that on the cap.
Say Landy comes back in 2 months. Vrana's cap hit in 2 months won't be much, almost trade deadline level. I think he gets claimed unless he plays like absolute garbage. He has a good contract for next season and only one year left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad