2022-2023 Senators Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Jaden's career high is 63 pts so I think the comparison holds the road. He missed games pretty much every year except the 71 game season in 2019-20 so it also what we could expect from Greig as well (unfortunately)
Except with an edge and top level PK ability.

Reactions: Xspyrit

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I’d love if greig is like Schwartz. He wore an A on St Louis. On a deep team.
Absolutely! If he turns into Schwartz that is a huge win.

I am just saying he does have some different elements that I appreciate.

Greig has been a captain in junior and wore a letter for Canada as well - he seems to scream team player and natural leader.

Reactions: Sensators

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Absolutely! If he turns into Schwartz that is a huge win.

I am just saying he does have some different elements that I appreciate.

Greig has been a captain in junior and wore a letter for Canada as well - he seems to scream team player and natural leader.

Agreed. To me greig reminds me more of a Mike Richards type player. Love if he reaches it but that vibe. Not the tallest but tough. Picks his moments for a fight. Overall gritty.

He was a rookie last year and a twig but rocked Skjei into the boards in Carolina.

I doubt dubois runs him ever again.

I love greig.

Pinto has some snarl too.

I don’t see how we aren’t going to be a playoff team.

• Love
Reactions: OD99 and aragorn

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Agreed. To me greig reminds me more of a Mike Richards type player. Love if he reaches it but that vibe. Not the tallest but tough. Picks his moments for a fight. Overall gritty.

He was a rookie last year and a twig but rocked Skjei into the boards in Carolina.

I love greig.

Minus the devils dandruff hopefully

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

I love greig.

I don’t think I’ve seen “snarl” yet from Pinto. Would like to see him add a bit of an edge to his game.

Reactions: OD99

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I don’t think I’ve seen “snarl” yet from Pinto. Would like to see him add a bit of an edge to his game.

I was disappointed with his physical play at the beginning of the year, wasn't expecting huge hits but he had used his body for puck protection and board separation before last year. I find he slowly added that back, he was likely skittish about his shoulder and for good reason.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

September born, 6’6 200lb defenseman with « the most jam from a Swedish defenseman since Ulf Samuelsson » born just outside Alfredsson’s home town?

Definitely keeping an eye on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
more scouting talk.
He puts up Wheeler's top 50 NHL prospects and has a bit of a laugh at .. wonders where he gets the time to scout draft prospects and young nhl players

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Hopefully he can stand out, will be tough for him to move up the depth chart, but a strong tournament will help his chances. 8 guys ahead as of now for sure on the Summer Showcase roster.

It's their "B" team, no guys from the Summer Showcase will be in attendance, Wallinder is the only big name there. Nordberg is one of only 5 guys that are drafted on the team, mostly a team filled with undrafted 19 year olds.

He is an absolute unit, physically gifted beyond measure, more so than even Kleven.

Reactions: Bileur

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hopefully he can stand out, will be tough for him to move up the depth chart, but a strong tournament will help his chances. 8 guys ahead as of now for sure on the Summer Showcase roster.

It's their "B" team, no guys from the Summer Showcase will be in attendance, Wallinder is the only big name there. Nordberg is one of only 5 guys that are drafted on the team, mostly a team filled with undrafted 19 year olds.

He is an absolute unit, physically gifted beyond measure, more so than even Kleven.
He's an interesting one for sure. Not counting on him to be on the WJC team but all he will need is a strong start to his season and he should at least be in the conversation

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Agree, what we don't know about him is hockey smarts, positioning & quick decision making & we should see some of that in this tournament. Just from the Development Camp he made some beauty plays but also got beat several times, needs to work more on pivoting both ways. You can tell with Kleven right away & JBD & Sanderson as well that these guys have been very well coached & play a smart postional game, attack when required & lay off when needed. Kleven will take the body more than the other two, but can also play good D with his stick. Nordberg is the bigger stronger player but doesn't use it as much & seems to stay away from the physical game although one would think that would be his strength. I would say that Kleven is the smarter more positionally sound player, clearly better coached & over time will fill out more.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Is he as good a skater as Kleven?

Also, fair to say that guys like him rarely get to be showcased at the bigger tournaments? The physical skill and defensive play is more rewarded in the pro game? I

n the tournaments they want more dynamic players so while you might be a great defender, in a short format they prefer someone who might have more of an offensive flair to tilt the ice?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Is he as good a skater as Kleven?

Also, fair to say that guys like him rarely get to be showcased at the bigger tournaments? The physical skill and defensive play is more rewarded in the pro game? I

n the tournaments they want more dynamic players so while you might be a great defender, in a short format they prefer someone who might have more of an offensive flair to tilt the ice?
Not as good a skater as Kleven from what I saw at comparable stages, but his skating is definitely a positive for him, especially coupled with his size.

Not sure that's fair to say, almost every year we see guys known for being defensive and physical studs go on to be pretty large parts of most teams in the World Juniors. Usually they are pretty good all around to be fair. Nordberg isn't a bonehead, he can move the puck well and has some nifty hands, I think the processing is an area that needs improvement right now.

Rarely are they showcased, but almost every team usually has 2 or so big, less recognized defensive guys.

Reactions: OD99

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
2022-2023 SKATER STATS
3.png
Jonathan Aspirot (D/LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
3.png
Jake Lucchini (C/LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
3.png
Rourke Chartier (C)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
3.png
Jayce Hawryluk (C/RW)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
1.png
Olle Alsing (D)Leksands IFSHL-------
1.png
Jacob Larsson (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
11.png
Kristians Rubins (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
3.png
Cole Reinhardt (LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
3.png
Scott Sabourin (RW)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
9.png
Vitali Abramov (LW/RW)CSKA MoskvaKHL-------
3.png
Maxence Guénette (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL-------
1.png
Oliver Johansson (C)totals-------
Timrå IKSHL-------
Timrå IK J20J20 Nationell-------
3.png
Stephen Halliday (C)Ohio State Univ.NCAA-------
8.png
Tomas Hamara (D)TapparaLiiga-------
1.png
Oskar Pettersson (RW)Rögle BK J20J20 Nationell-------
1.png
Theo Wallberg (D)Dubuque Fighting SaintsUSHL-------
1.png
Filip Nordberg (D)Södertälje SK J20J20 Nationell-------

@mianjo let me know if/when you want to start 23/24 prospects thread.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens 7th on Pronman's U23 rankings

For Skaters He Grades
Skating:
Puck skills:
Hockey sense:
Compete:
Shot: (just for some not sure why)

A few things to nit pick on a few of his grades; For example Jake Sanderson Hockey Sense I would grade higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Sens 7th on Pronman's U23 rankings

For Skaters He Grades
Skating:
Puck skills:
Hockey sense:
Compete:
Shot: (just for some not sure why)

A few things to nit pick on a few of his grades; For example Jake Sanderson Hockey Sense I would grade higher.
Yeah

Shot grades are only included if a shot is notably good or poor.

I don’t know why the departure for how he treats shots

I agree it’s odd to have JS as “bubble NHL all-star player” but only ranked above average in skating.

Reassuring to see him place project Boucher as middle of lineup, even if I would put Kleven ahead personally

The issues around Boucher have been 1 ) His health and 2) His draft position. If you didn’t know he was the No. 10 overall pick and just focused on the player, he looks like a very promising pro prospect. […]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad