Theo Wallberg (D)Dubuque Fighting SaintsUSHL-------
1.png
Filip Nordberg (D)Södertälje SK J20J20 Nationell-------

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
When are we doing prospect rankings polls? I can't remember if they are normally done right after the draft, or later in the summer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
When are we doing prospect rankings polls? I can't remember if they are normally done right after the draft, or later in the summer.
I think usually @Xspyrit starts them around this time; with the likelihood of a potential Murray trade involving at least one prospect, it might warrant waiting just a touch longer, though I suppose we are probably safe to do the first round or two.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think usually @Xspyrit starts them around this time; with the likelihood of a potential Murray trade involving at least one prospect, it might warrant waiting just a touch longer, though I suppose we are probably safe to do the first round or two.

Ask and you shall receive!

Question though, do we go on with poll #2 or we take it slow to see what unfolds in the next few days?

Also I'm kinda behind on our 2022 draftees and since we had no pick before #64, it's not like we are all familiar with these kids.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Ask and you shall receive!

Question though, do we go on with poll #2 or we take it slow to see what unfolds in the next few days?

Also I'm kinda behind on our 2022 draftees and since we had no pick before #64, it's not like we are all familiar with these kids.

Maybe wait a few days just in case there is a trade.

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Seems unusual to see a 3rd round pick get signed so quickly after being drafted.
Shows you what I know, I would have signed about 20 other guys at camp before him. I guess it never hurts to have more D.

Reactions: H2O

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They must have really liked what they saw.
presumably. I honestly can't think of another non-first round pick getting signed so soon after being drafted, though admittedly I don't typically follow that type of thing,

I guess the question is what's the rush to get him signed now? He can't possibly be NHL ready, does this open up the AHL for him even though he's still under contract in europe?

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
presumably. I honestly can't think of another non-first round pick getting signed so soon after being drafted, though admittedly I don't typically follow that type of thing,

I guess the question is what's the rush to get him signed now? He can't possibly be NHL ready, does this open up the AHL for him even though he's still under contract in europe?
Ostapchuk was signed during or shortly after the rookie camp (not dev camp) last year -- so that is similar.

You have to guess they want him to do something development-wise (ie come to NA) and this is a way of getting some control on the situation.

But also, clearly, they really like what they've seen of him this week. Which is good.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ostapchuk was signed during or shortly after the rookie camp (not dev camp) last year -- so that is similar.

You have to guess they want him to do something development-wise (ie come to NA) and this is a way of getting some control on the situation.

But also, clearly, they really like what they've seen of him this week. Which is good.
I completely forgot about Ostapchuk. Oddly that one seems even more bizarre since he was already in NA, and as a CHL player the only flexibility it gave us was the ability to use him in an emergency callup.

I guess it can't really hurt to get it done early. I suppose if they bust you lose the signing bonus. With a 1st round pick, you might hold off because if they bust and you haven't signed them, you can get a compensatory pick one round later if I recall (I think this is the mitigation for when college kids refusing to sign and walk themselves to UFA).

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Seems unusual to see a 3rd round pick get signed so quickly after being drafted.
I wonder if its because they want him to play in Kitchener, so its kinda like if you go play junior we'll sign you sort of thing

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wonder if its because they want him to play in Kitchener, so its kinda like if you go play junior we'll sign you sort of thing

Agree, he had a euro contract that might have an out f he signs an NHL contract, I see it more like that instead of him being close to NHL ready

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
I see people getting wound up about Bader's prospect rankings. While forgetting his model has Sanderson at 40% to play 200 NHL games.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No Boucher?
Always a possibility, he'll be on the 2023 team but not sure he will make the 2022 team.

They will have lost Beniers, and added Borderleau to the past December's team. Not sure what Arizona will do with Cooley.

Then you have guys like Gauthier, Nazar, McGroaty, Howard, Snuggerud, Lund, Doan, etc. trying to get one of the spot or two that may open up or be replaced.

Reactions: OD99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad