Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
So where does Bedard fit in the lineup next year? I was thinking Bedard/Stamkos and Point/Kucherov as pairings. But having Kucherov feed Bedard may be too good to resist.
NHL 23 is a great way to test this out lol, also a great time to bust out this bad boy
x6vwr0pczp671.jpg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I still like our top-end talent as much as anybody's. We have a group of battle-tested forwards at the top, and now Stamkos has an elite post-season run under his belt.

I think we can make a run with this forward group, if we get lucky enough to stay healthy. Point and Kuch are Conn Smyth level every year (again, health permitting).

The D doesn't look good enough though. It's just such a big drop off after Hedman, and then an even bigger drop off after Sergachev/Cernak.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This looks like the 6 dmen we’re gonna stick with

The easiest thing would be taking the rookie Perbix out for Myers, but Perbix is not letting that happen.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This looks like the 6 dmen we’re gonna stick with

The easiest thing would be taking the rookie Perbix out for Myers, but Perbix is not letting that happen.

More importantly, looks like Cernak is back for tomorrow. Its hilarious our rookie Perbix is paired with his veteran partner Sergachev who are the same age and born 10 days apart. While we could have just bought out Myers, got a credit towards the cap but instead signed him for another year.

Hagel may be finding a home on Points line in the digger role that Palat occupied......
I wholeheartedly believe he's on that line to confuse the opposing team seeing 2 Points.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’d like to see Colton on Stammers line. I remember Colton seemed to play well with Stammer for a stint last year and I’m not sure why Coop has never gone back to it

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I’d like to see Colton on Stammers line. I remember Colton seemed to play well with Stammer for a stint last year and I’m not sure why Coop has never gone back to it

Because he didn't....? They had like zero chemistry and Colton couldn't get him the puck at all.

Reactions: Stammertime91

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Because he didn't....? They had like zero chemistry and Colton couldn't get him the puck at all.
Yeah I've never understood why people want Colton on a scoring line. His skillset doesn't translate at all to playing with skilled players. He's much suited with other players like himself.

Reactions: Stammertime91

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah I've never understood why people want Colton on a scoring line. His skillset doesn't translate at all to playing with skilled players. He's much suited with other players like himself.
I’d try him with, say, Vlad and Perry.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think when a guy shows flashes, we tend to want to see him with talented players to see what's there. But Colton is starting to look like a very good 3rd liner rather than a below average second.

Last edited:

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i guess since we saw colton once for a few games in the top 6 and it didn't work now we can't do it ever again. killorn can have 30 bad games in a row though and still play with stamkos

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Many here are high on fast skating players. This eliminates the possibility of the power forward. I mean look at Barlow not a real fast player but the guy can drive scoring. Another example look at Buffalos Tage Thompson this guy has the hands of a Point or Kuch and finishing ability of Stamkos. Sure these guys are difficult to find but it sure seems the Bolts could use a forward with size to add diversity to the offense. Question is would Coop change from his speed all the time system? I don’t know just a thought. Speed does not always translate to production look to Joseph, ABB, and to a larger extent Colton. Has the team been overloaded searching for speed???? Maybe now we have the big bodies of Killorn and Paul who are effective in there own way. I just don’t know even with the team looking a little better last couple games there is still questions about the system of high speed high scoring to overcome any opponents scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad