2021 VGK Training Camp

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Just to get some cap savings for today. Then Hague goes up tomorrow for the day at the cost of around 4-5k (or whatever it works out to this year) for game day. Then re-assigned to the Taxigang and repeat.

You know you've bungled the cap when you're being forced to start the season icing 5 D.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

You know you've bungled the cap when you're being forced to start the season icing 5 D.

Lawless said this would happen but I didn't believe it. Then again PDB likes to play his top D over 25 mins and his third pair under 12 so kind of ideal for him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The roster moves are puzzling, even if they weren't sure about Tuch. Kolesar not being put through waivers is odd, at least to make sure you get him through. I have no problem not using Krebs and Korczak this year, slide those deals. But Elvenes is an option, and only five defensemen, I just don't see why.

They could have saved the same cap and done it differently to not be this odd a lineup but maybe Kolesar really impressed. But even then, just put him in the lineup and play with 6 D. Unless Tuch is more hurt and won't play very much and they needed to still have only 20 on the roster. But then they could have just double shifted guys in a rotation.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I can see them not wanting to lose Kolesar that badly. He can potentially be a 3rd line power forward. Odds he gets claimed are low, but you never know. Teams are looking for young tough forwards.

I think they're just saying that for cap compliance reasons.

Knock on wood but if 2 dmen get injured you're down to 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad