2021 VGK Training Camp

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Need to show that drive to win.

If these guys can't get up to win the NHL Honda Division, then I don't know what will get them pumped.

Reactions: CupInSIX

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
What’s expectations for Glass this season? Top PP exposure? Figured with you guys shipping out Statsny, the team is expecting a jump up for him.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What’s expectations for Glass this season? Top PP exposure? Figured with you guys shipping out Statsny, the team is expecting a jump up for him.
Right now he's at 3C, hopefully he can prove to be 2C quality so Stephenson goes back down to the third line, PP2 most likely.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Well I hope he's got a worse memory than you. :laugh:

3rd line W/C with Glass and Tuch to start. The big boy line.

I hope Whitecloud gives them confidence he can be a top four enough to trade Martinez possibly for Roslovic so they can settle these cap worries and possibly get another young possibility at forward back.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I hope Whitecloud gives them confidence he can be a top four enough to trade Martinez possibly for Roslovic so they can settle these cap worries and possibly get another young possibility at forward back.

I think the sunk cost fallacy is going to make a Martinez trade tough. They gave up some pretty good draft capital for him, as you do with almost all TDL deals. They will in some ways hope to get something at least close to that back but no one is giving up much right now. Then again who knows, I wouldn't have expected they got so little back for Nate so anything is possible when you are desperate to get cap compliant.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think we are still over the cap, by 125k and possibly around 200k more if Engelland's bonus money is not taken in account yet.

So, sending Holden and Dahlstrom through waivers and calling up Hague may not be enough. If it was it would be barely and only for a week or so until they needed somebody to be up because of injury. If they put Fleury on the taxi squad for some time it could kick the can down the road but according to CapFriendly we still have to do something and have about two days.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think we are still over the cap, by 125k and possibly around 200k more if Engelland's bonus money is not taken in account yet.

So, sending Holden and Dahlstrom through waivers and calling up Hague may not be enough. If it was it would be barely and only for a week or so until they needed somebody to be up because of injury. If they put Fleury on the taxi squad for some time it could kick the can down the road but according to CapFriendly we still have to do something and have about two days.

What cap space do they save if they have a roster of 20 on opening night, since they don't play till Thurs?

ie: Holden & Dahlstrom waived, Glass assigned to taxi squad. Brown/Quinney & Schuldt up for opening night cap purposes at 700k each.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Tuch not participating in practice. Deboer was non committed about him being able to play on the 14th.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What cap space do they save if they have a roster of 20 on opening night, since they don't play till Thurs?

ie: Holden & Dahlstrom waived, Glass assigned to taxi squad. Brown/Quinney & Schuldt up for opening night cap purposes at 700k each.

May be a moot point now, and further increase the trade pressure, if Tuch is out day to day missing the first game. That pretty much eats up whatever savings we could get.

Edit: I think a trade will actually be mandatory if Tuch misses the first game. We would need a 21 man roster and no amount of shenanigans with waivers and tax squads would get us under on day one. Unless they put him on IR day 2, our game day, and have to go with 21 that day and every game day he misses while onl having 20 on day one. But I don't think we can afford even too many of those game days.

Last edited:

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Do you guys figure Theodore will be staying on the top power play? Or will Pietro be taking that role?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad