Speculation: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We are talking about a 3rd pairing D-man right who's affordable! We are talking about the Lightning who have 24 Million tied up in 5 D-men with Savard UFA,Foote RFA and no real prospects in the system! On top of that McDonagh's deal will really stink soon while Sergachev seeks a new deal in 2 years time! The winning is just about over I think for Tampa Bay now its time to pay the piper(and this time Kucherov doesn't get to fake an injury) and be magically fit and healthy just in time for the play-offs
We're talking about a fringe NHLer who is literally slower than Luke Schenn and it's not improving.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
We're talking about a fringe NHLer who is literally slower than Luke Schenn and it's not improving.

Exactly, Look at Vegas' example, who did they pick just to fit as a 3rd pairing defenseman, when assetts that could be swapped for high picks are available? Really a no brainer.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
After listening to Killorn and Maroon on Spittin Chiclets, I'm gonna feel bad for Killorn if he ends up being taken. He wants no part of going to Seattle, though I assume neither does anyone else left unprotected.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I want to copy-paste my Facebook post here.
They deserve to.

"The night before the Expansion Draft.

Ondrej Palat - Brayden Point - Nikita Kucherov
Alex Killorn - Anthony Cirelli - Steven Stamkos
Blake Coleman - Yanni Gourde - Barclay Goodrow
Ross Colton - Pat Maroon - Tyler Johnson

Victor Hedman - Jan Rutta
Ryan McDonagh - Erik Cernak
Mikhail Sergachev - David Savard

Andrei Vasilevskiy
(Curtis McElhinney)

(Luke Schenn, Mitchell Stephens, Mathieu Joseph, Gemel Smith, Alex Barré-Boulet, Cal Foote).

Head Coach: Jon Cooper.

Respect for this team.
ONE OF THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAST 25 YEARS OF HOCKEY.

Thank you, Mr. Julien BriseBois.
Thank you Tampa Bay Lightning's organization.
Thank you to every player who wrote an amazing page of history.

You will be remembered 4ever!

GO BOLTS!!!"

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Crazy outside the box thought that I hope isn't true:

What if we are sending them Sergachev to take Johnson? That would fit into JBB's statement about wingers not being available.
It’d be more likely they’d move Sergachev in a separate deal if that was the way he wanted to clear cap, I’d imagine.

Kings have been long enamored with him and reports are they’re making the 8th overall pick available

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

What if we are sending them Sergachev to take Johnson? That would fit into JBB's statement about wingers not being available.

Surely Sergachev has more value as a trade chip elsewhere than being a "please please please don't take our 3rd line center in the expansion draft" sweetener.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Imagine being the GM that sent a young and promising #1 D in order to dump a contract. I don't think JBB wants that legacy

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Next person that calls Foote a bust is going to have to fight me in front of that God awful Andreychuk statue at Amalie. Guys I would never prop up a tall young RD that's clearly in over his head, that's not like me at all.

giphy.gif

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The more I mull this over the only thing that would really upset me tomorrow is Seattle taking Colton

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Palat and Killorn are not better than Voracek. His contract sucks but he's still a better player. Bailey and Eberle are probably similar to Killorn and Palat. Niederrieter is a toss up depending on what type of season he's having. The thing is you have to look at the other options. For Philly Voracek and Van Reimsdyk seem like the obvious ones, Gostisbehere isn't that good anymore. For the Islanders it's either of those two. Tarasenko if healthy is better. So either would be in your top 6 but finding wingers is easy. Finding C especially top 6 and top 4 RD isn't. So if your looking long term Gourde or Foote are the better choices.
I can see why you might say that. Offensive stat wise, contract wise and age wise they are all remarkably similar, but to me, that is where the similarities end. Both Palat and Killorn, while being just as good offensively, are also defensively responsible and play a heavy, 200ft game, winning more than their share of board battles. Eberle is pure snipe but useless defensively or along the wall. Bailey too, while not as weak, plays a soft game (though he is decent on the PK). Neither one has as much value as either Killer or Palat.

Reactions: garmonbozia

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Maybe its just now hitting me but realizing that we are gonna see someone in a different jersey next season is gonna feel so weird. we watched Palat, Johnson, Killorn, and Gourde to an extent, come up as youngins in the AHL and make impacts for many years and now they could be elsewhere barring a major change happening in the next 24-48 hours

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
The more I mull this over the only thing that would really upset me tomorrow is Seattle taking Colton
Yup.

With his style of play, Gourde can immediately become a fan favorite and face of the franchise. Colton, on the other hand, may become another Verhaeghe and get you 20g-25g in 82 for cheap. Gonna be one of those two and it's going to be close.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If you click on TJ's recent likes on twitter, his most recent one was a post that referenced him going to Seattle

Confirmation enough for me

Reactions: User9992

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I think this can only go 1 of 3 ways for Seattle in regards to our selection.

1. they take Colton, Joseph, or Foote. This is the most logical choice for them unless they REALLY like one of the other veteran forwards. Just no need to take one of them when you can trade for one after the draft and still get another quality young nhl ready guy from us.

2. we pay a hefty price for them to take Johnson. They have us by the balls. They can ask for a hefty price and if we don’t meet they’ll still get a quality youngster I don’t think we wanna lose.

3. they have a side deal with another team that wants one of our vet forwards and they select them to get picks or whatever.

it’s gonna suck no matter what tomorrow but 3 is what I’m hoping for, or a Foote selection isn’t all that bad either since he won’t have a huge impact next year whereas Colton and Joseph will likely be in the top 9 unless we get some vet discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad