Speculation: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I really wouldn't be surprised if this was Montreal's attempt to leave him unprotected and still retain him. Leak some health info that may or may not be completely truthful.
Time to spread rumors about literally everyone except Tyler Johnson being injured. Sorry Seattle, he's the only healthy one!

Reactions: DMB06

clemmy

Apr 11, 2021
If Seattle were smart they would pick a team based on either:players that still have a chance to be good, and player with mid to lower price tags, even if only signed for the year. They could keep the former, and trade all the later at the TDL. Even if they have to retain salary, with the flat cap they could trade half their team, and for each player get a top prospect and a 1st, or two firsts if they retain the salary..

Think about what a team would give for 2 time cup champion Killorn at the deadline, esp. if they retained a portion of his cap?

Reactions: Meuracas

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
To me the best choices for Seattle based on the exposed list, no idea about side deals, is Gourde and Foote. Palat and Killorn are great and all but there's a ton of wingers available and very little in the way of C and RD. With guys like Tarasenko, Van Reimsdyk, Voracek, Bailey, Eberle, Niederrieter, Drouin, Landeskog, Dadanov and Zucker there's enough there to get you your top two lines. Outside of Johansen and Domi who aren't a good 1 or 2C there's a bunch of bottom 6 C's so Gourde could be of interest. For RD Hamilton is out there but not sure he'll sign, if he doesn't then DeMelo is the best available. Lots of guys in the same boat as Foote as not established 2nd or 3rd pair ones. We are the team that has options in many positions so I think they avoid the two wingers, unless they plan to flip them, and go for one of the weaker area players.

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Kuch is live

SharedSc.jpg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If we in fact lose Gourde I wonder if we move Stamkos back to center and Cirelli down to the third. It's nice having the flexibility of a bajillion centers.

Who would play with Stamkos? I wouldn't separate Cirelli and Killorn, they are effective together.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Something that is good is that we know the recipe. While guys like goodrow and Coleman don't grow on trees at least we know what works. Easier to find guys like that than it is to find our top scoring guys and our top d and even goaltending. Not going to be easy to find that again but not impossible at the same time.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Something that is good is that we know the recipe. While guys like goodrow and Coleman don't grow on trees at least we know what works. Easier to find guys like that than it is to find our top scoring guys and our top d and even goaltending. Not going to be easy to find that again but not impossible at the same time.
Paquette? He will be cheap ?

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I really wouldn't be surprised if this was Montreal's attempt to leave him unprotected and still retain him. Leak some health info that may or may not be completely truthful.
Trumped up knee problem or real knee problem notwithstanding, SEA has no intention of taking a $10.5M goalie, particularly one who is on the wrong side of 30 and who has been shaky in the regular season for several years now.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Trumped up knee problem or real knee problem notwithstanding, SEA has no intention of taking a $10.5M goalie, particularly one who is on the wrong side of 30 and who has been shaky in the regular season for several years now.

This. He's got five years left on his contract at a $10.5M cap hit in a flat cap league at the moment. He's already 34 years old. It's not a wise investment even if he were still on top of his game. Maybe he can bring it still in higher stakes games, if this past postseason was an indication, but over his last 198 regular season appearances, he's a .909 S% goaltender. Not terrible but sure not worth anywhere near that cap hit and term.

It made all the sense to leave him unprotected, as long as he was willing to waive the NMC. Seattle will have better goalie options to pursue.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Goodrow and Coleman are the easiest to replace. As someone mentioned, Seattle would be smart to take someone they could flip for prospects and picks. This means Palat or Killhorn. Which would leave the Bolts with a solid team with parts still growing and getting better.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I may be higher than most on Colton. I think he’s our next Palat/Killorn. Can play on any line and fit like a glove.

so if I was Seattle, and assuming JBB is trying to make a side deal with Johnson, I’d tell Tampa I’m taking Colton unless you REALLY sweeten the pot with assets to take TyJo. And that worries me. We really need Ross with the 4-5 forwards we’re gonna lose this off-season.

there are so many decent wingers with big contracts where they may not want a Palat, Killorn, or Gourde.

JvR/Voracek, Donskoi, Eberle/Bailey, McCann, Zucker/Tanev , Niederreiter, Drouin, Dadonov, Tarasenko

i hope they’re reasonable in their asking

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I'm thinking gourde is 100% the pick unless we can work out a side deal for them to take Tyler Johnson
You are kidding right? Why would Seattle take on any of those contracts without a sweetener involved like draft choices of which Tampa has previous few or young prospects/players

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think that Gourde is the choice. Heard nhl radio talking about him being the choice from the Lightning numerous times and that he is a player they want as a foundation in how he plays. Also heard we are hoping that we can clear enough space to sign one of these players who were bought out to cheap deal since they are already getting paid good money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad