Speculation: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The price Seattle was asking for to not take players was way too damn high. I know they hold a lot of the chips here but why be this greedy when you could stockpile picks like crazy. Vegas did it the right way, Seattle not so much. They could get some decent names in the expansion though.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You are kidding right? Why would Seattle take on any of those contracts without a sweetener involved like draft choices of which Tampa has previous few or young prospects/players

Because those are good players and worth their contracts, and not a bust-esque fringe NHLer like Foote?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The price Seattle was asking for to not take players was way too damn high. I know they hold a lot of the chips here but why be this greedy when you could stockpile picks like crazy. Vegas did it the right way, Seattle not so much. They could get some decent names in the expansion though.
Vegas started doing it the right way but in 2-3 years time when all the vets slow down all at once it will tough for them to fill 5-6 glaring holes in the lineup! Winning too much,too soon really killed the kids...Pacioretty for Suzuki...talk to me in 2-3 years time when Max is gone and Nick is Montreal's top centre and putting up numbers with Caufield...Same with Stone though the Golden Knights didn't give up near as much(Brannstrom and a 2nd rounder from Dallas)!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Greedy is GM's around the league off-loading prospects at the last minute for fear of losing them! That's business and you have to give and take

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
You are just jealous because Foote will be the player you lose! And he'll be a great young 3rd pairing D-man

It is a ED and the Bolts are extremely stacked. We have to lose someone. You take a prospect and we flip a couple forwards for picks. If you take a forward we flip another forward for picks. JBB can handle a couple potential trades.

If this was last year this scenario would suck. But this year we have to shed salary. It basically comes down to the Bolts getting an additional 1st or 2nd round pick or keeping Foote. We are going for it in 2022, so that trade off means nothing to us right now.

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
You are kidding right? Why would Seattle take on any of those contracts without a sweetener involved like draft choices of which Tampa has previous few or young prospects/players

You're kidding right? If they don't take gourde we can easily flip him for assets lol. Despite what your wet dream is, other gms aren't gonna conspire against Tampa. Gourde is a guy who would have value around the league that a ton of teams would line up to take. The only negative value contract we have is Johnson.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
You're kidding right? If they don't take gourde we can easily flip him for assets lol. Despite what your wet dream is, other gms aren't gonna conspire against Tampa. Gourde is a guy who would have value around the league that a ton of teams would line up to take. The only negative value contract we have is Johnson.
Gourde and his 5 plus Million a year for 4 more years is not value,especially to the Seattle Kraken who are a helluva more savvy then that!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Crazy outside the box thought that I hope isn't true:

What if we are sending them Sergachev to take Johnson? That would fit into JBB's statement about wingers not being available.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
Gourde and his 5 plus Million a year for 4 more years is not value,especially to the Seattle Kraken who are a helluva more savvy then that!

Haha okay, I'll be back Wednesday to quote you again after the draft when they take gourde with nothing attached. Only way other assets are going to Seattle is if Johnson is the pick.

Reactions: NatoGhost

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020

Then take Foote?

We can easily flip Gourde who was over 2 pts per 60 last year, Palat who was near PPG for high picks. We don't need Seattle in any way shape or form.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Im gonna laugh when Johnson gets picked and we dont have to give up any assets

Johnson is incredibly underrated. Dude like Danault may get $6million and JVR makes $7m. Johnson is right there with them.

That being said we'd attach something. Foote + Johnson

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Spoken like someone who's never watched this kid at the NHL level.
We are talking about a 3rd pairing D-man right who's affordable! We are talking about the Lightning who have 24 Million tied up in 5 D-men with Savard UFA,Foote RFA and no real prospects in the system! On top of that McDonagh's deal will really stink soon while Sergachev seeks a new deal in 2 years time! The winning is just about over I think for Tampa Bay now its time to pay the piper(and this time Kucherov doesn't get to fake an injury) and be magically fit and healthy just in time for the play-offs

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Haha okay, I'll be back Wednesday to quote you again after the draft when they take gourde with nothing attached. Only way other assets are going to Seattle is if Johnson is the pick.
Any bets on this?Gourde yes but Johnson will have assets attached? They both abortion like contracts that helps the Lightning clear Cap space in the biggest way and Seattle is going to give it to them for free...man you must operate in the Evil Spock parallel Universe!!!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Johnson is incredibly underrated. Dude like Danault may get $6million and JVR makes $7m. Johnson is right there with them.

That being said we'd attach something. Foote + Johnson
Johnson abortion contract plus Foote plus Joseph and a 1st rounder in 2023 and maybe Hugo Alnefelt

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Johnson abortion contract plus Foote plus Joseph and a 1st rounder in 2023 and maybe Hugo Alnefelt

0.00% of that happening. Take Gourde or Foote, and we can deal with the many other teams that have space and need top 6 players.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
We are talking about a 3rd pairing D-man right who's affordable! We are talking about the Lightning who have 24 Million tied up in 5 D-men with Savard UFA,Foote RFA and no real prospects in the system! On top of that McDonagh's deal will really stink soon while Sergachev seeks a new deal in 2 years time! The winning is just about over I think for Tampa Bay now its time to pay the piper(and this time Kucherov doesn't get to fake an injury) and be magically fit and healthy just in time for the play-offs
Thanks for confirming you know absolutely nothing about Tampa(but who's kidding, that was already obvious). McD doesn't appear to be slowing down at all and is 32, not 37. Tampa will still have the best goaltender in the game, a top 5 d corp, and still the best F core in the league, but yep, losing 2 or 3 depth guys means the winning is over lulz. Even if Foote is taken, Tampa has a serviceable 3RD in Ben Thomas and, like last year, can always find someone at the deadline if needed. If Seattle and Tampa don't have a deal worked out and the Kraken take Foote, then Tampa just gets more assets back for the F between Palat/Killorn that they do move. Unfortunately for you and all the other many salt aficionados on here, Tampa isn't losing their contender status all that soon.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I rewatched a video of JBB addressing to the media at the start of the season (trying to refresh my memory on what the deal was with LTIR). He said there was interest from 3 teams in TJ before the pandemic.

I'd figure it's more about his AAV at this point. I don't know if the league would allow a 3-team deal where Johnson gets traded to say, Minnesota, they trade him back to TB at 50% (so they add 2.5 mil), we then go 25% with Seattle (1.25 mil each).

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
To me the best choices for Seattle based on the exposed list, no idea about side deals, is Gourde and Foote. Palat and Killorn are great and all but there's a ton of wingers available and very little in the way of C and RD. With guys like Tarasenko, Van Reimsdyk, Voracek, Bailey, Eberle, Niederrieter, Drouin, Landeskog, Dadanov and Zucker there's enough there to get you your top two lines. Outside of Johansen and Domi who aren't a good 1 or 2C there's a bunch of bottom 6 C's so Gourde could be of interest. For RD Hamilton is out there but not sure he'll sign, if he doesn't then DeMelo is the best available. Lots of guys in the same boat as Foote as not established 2nd or 3rd pair ones. We are the team that has options in many positions so I think they avoid the two wingers, unless they plan to flip them, and go for one of the weaker area players.

I would only take Landeskog from that list but wouldn't pay him more than 6 million a season, otherwise, Palat and Killhorn are better and are on better contracts than all of those other players.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would only take Landeskog from that list but wouldn't pay him more than 6 million a season, otherwise, Palat and Killhorn are better and are on better contracts than all of those other players.

Palat and Killorn are not better than Voracek. His contract sucks but he's still a better player. Bailey and Eberle are probably similar to Killorn and Palat. Niederrieter is a toss up depending on what type of season he's having. The thing is you have to look at the other options. For Philly Voracek and Van Reimsdyk seem like the obvious ones, Gostisbehere isn't that good anymore. For the Islanders it's either of those two. Tarasenko if healthy is better. So either would be in your top 6 but finding wingers is easy. Finding C especially top 6 and top 4 RD isn't. So if your looking long term Gourde or Foote are the better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad