Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If they threepeat does that mean they climbed the top of Splash Mountain as opposed to the regular one they just climbed twice?
We're gonna need a bigger boat

4aa725edb5f1df40042b145c0b04a0a93ab62371d308c49ee7072f34dc1693ac.jpg

parade

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've spent a lot of time thinking about how this year is going to go and I honest to God am starting to think we haven't peaked yet. Every HHOF/potential HHOF on this team is either mid 20's or barely into their 30's. I'm not saying 3-peat but it would be really stupid to bet against us. Don't be surprised if it actually ends up happening.

We also need to decide that if it happens whether or not we're gonna be massive dicks about it and call ourselves a dynasty. I vote yes and let the "it has to be 4 Cups" crowd to get mad. It'll be really funny

Reactions: berlin and Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Don’t get me started on that first one either

i

As I've said before - the more I look at the video, the less convinced I become that the puck was ever over the line. I'll never argue against the idea that there should've been a review, but no conclusive evidence was there to overturn it. Calgary fans can complain and I don't begrudge them that - on the basis of rotten luck more than anything else - but I get annoyed when I see even Edmonton fans who will try and stick up for their Alberta brethren on this. It wasn't a goal and no amount of arguing will ever change that. I don't know how geometry is taught in Canada but there are a lot of people who clearly don't know how it works.

Not to mention that it ALWAYS gets overlooked whether it would've been called a distinct kicking motion or not. 2004 was more strict about that. It would've been ok at some point beginning around 2016 or so, but I don't know if it would've been ok in the early 2000s.

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
To me the fact that Gelinas looked right at it and didn't celebrate or argue tells me it was never in.

And not ruled a goal on the ice either. My ex became rather fascinated with this incident when I first converted her to a Lightning fan and made a compelling case it was in using lighting and other measures like that. It was fascinating to see something that looked like evidence you had never seen before. You'd swear it was in when she was done

I can honestly say were it the case it was too close to call and too consequential. "Play on" with a tied score was the right answer. Imagine potentially awarding the Cup on that. It would be Buffalo/Dallas all over again. We had a game 7 to win still and Calgary had a tied game with 7 minutes to go

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
And not ruled a goal on the ice either. My ex became rather fascinated with this incident when I first converted her to a Lightning fan and made a compelling case it was in using lighting and other measures like that. It was fascinating to see something that looked like evidence you had never seen before. You'd swear it was in when she was done

I can honestly say were it the case it was too close to call and too consequential. "Play on" with a tied score was the right answer. Imagine potentially awarding the Cup on that. It would be Buffalo/Dallas all over again. We had a game 7 to win still and Calgary had a tied game with 7 minutes to go

And there were still 6-7 minutes for the 3rd highest scoring team in the NHL that season to tie the game even if it was a goal. Much stranger things have happened. Calgary didn't score an even strength goal for the final 88 minutes of the series after this, and the one goal they did get was from an all-time terrible penalty call in the 3rd period of Game 7. They had their chances, they didn't take them. Too bad.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hah I knew they were going to put one up for the Prince of Wales Trophy despite all the "who cares" protests. Good they removed the division stuff though.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Hah I knew they were going to put one up for the Prince of Wales Trophy despite all the "who cares" protests. Good they removed the division stuff though.
They should (and I’m pretty certain they will) put all the years of division titles on one banner like other teams do.
upload_2021-10-11_12-32-44.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad