Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
What's wild is that today is only the one-year anniversary of Game 2 versus Dallas in the bubble. One week from now will be the one-year anniversary of winning that cup.

I'm taking a very random guess that we're the only NHL franchise to have won the Stanley Cup in three different months of the year. And, hopefully, nobody ever wins it again in September...or July for that matter. The latter one is relevant because the playoffs will probably begin in May, so there's a chance the playoffs could stretch into early July again this season and, well, hopefully we're celebrating a three-peat by then.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm taking a very random guess that we're the only NHL franchise to have won the Stanley Cup in three different months of the year. And, hopefully, nobody ever wins it again in September...or July for that matter. The latter one is relevant because the playoffs will probably begin in May, so there's a chance the playoffs could stretch into early July again this season and, well, hopefully we're celebrating a three-peat by then.
You're discounting the history of the league. In the earliest years it was generally awarded in March (sometimes Jan or Feb), and even once the NHL got the cup exclusively, it was first awarded in April. The SCF didn't start to become a June thing until like 92' and 93'.

Reactions: The Macho King

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You're discounting the history of the league. In the earliest years it was generally awarded in March (sometimes Jan or Feb), and even once the NHL got the cup exclusively, it was first awarded in April. The SCF didn't start to become a June thing until like 92' and 93'.
Yeah the Habs probably have done the same at minimum. And then there's the Challenge Cup era where it was awarded multiple times in a year.

1916 Cup - awarded in early March
1931 Cup - early April
1965 Cup - May 1
1993 Cup - June 9

Obviously multiples of all months except June.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'd almost forgotten.

Attachments

• 20210922_104137.jpg
    20210922_104137.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 15

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd almost forgotten.

I know it's been some time you've been back and could've said something long ago (been f***in lazy this summer dawg) but it's nice to see them let you back out from the timeless void. f***in A you must've really done something to piss off the higher powers around here.

#You'reMyHero
#AtLastI'mComplete

Reactions: Master P

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And one more because of 3 media limit. Just scored the Cup winning goal no biggie

Edit: and to think I'm not posting that he tied game 1 of the Panther game, I'm not posting about the fact he scored in 9 straight games in a back-to-back Cup campaign, I'm not posting that he won the 5 OT game vs CBJ.

This cat has damn-near as many clutch playoff moments as a given HHOF'er and he's only been to the show 4 times. About 3 more "moments" and he'll be the answer 25 years from now of "Take anyone in the last 30 years. You've got 6 minutes to tie it up and force game 7. Who do you want out there?"

Last edited:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

I vote the original 62 jersey be burned at a ceremony one night at Amalie. Or put on a Space-X ship to Mars. Then again, the Martians might think we're dumping our garbage there.

Let's hope his game has evolved.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I know it's been some time you've been back and could've said something long ago (been f***in lazy this summer dawg) but it's nice to see them let you back out from the timeless void. f***in A you must've really done something to piss off the higher powers around here.

#You'reMyHero
#AtLastI'mComplete
Thanks. Good to be back lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad