Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Merkley is a RW. The other Merkley, no relation, is a RD. The Crunch will need some scoring help, lot of kids to be relied on. His skating isn't the best but very good vision. Not really a guy for Tampa, unless his skating improves, more a Crunch guy with still a little potential.

yikes, big mix up

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Getzlaf woulda been awesome...

Big center who can win faceoffs and not be a totally liability, I think has some value. I wouldn't offer him much though and we already have one decrepit power forward on the team, adding another is probably too much.

Mar 20, 2010
Don't think GMJB wants to give up a first to dump TJ (based on rumors from last off-season). But GMRF in SEA probably wants even more than that.

TJ is probably waiting for GMRF to outwait GMJB instead of potentially waiving for ARI.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I want us to sign a bunch of 1st round busts just to watch them tear it up here and be flipped for a bunch of picks

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Don't think GMJB wants to give up a first to dump TJ (based on rumors from last off-season). But GMRF in SEA probably wants even more than that.

TJ is probably waiting for GMRF to outwait GMJB instead of potentially waiving for ARI.

Francis clearly has no plan at this point. He may even think he can bank cap space over to the next year

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
fc6bbdd5c2097607eea8e04166ff1177d9f6be371b3bf8f7485114a521b41453.jpg
njsivmwktax51.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Arizona taking TJ's contract would be the longest one they'd have acquired so far. Ghost Bear has two years left, but he's also 28.

They're taking bad contracts, but they aren't handcuffing themselves.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I am surprised nothing has been done yet.. I'm excited tho cause I know JBB will come up with something creative that will shock the world!!... I just don't know what though lol

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Arizona taking TJ's contract would be the longest one they'd have acquired so far. Ghost Bear has two years left, but he's also 28.

They're taking bad contracts, but they aren't handcuffing themselves.
I mean who are they looking at re-signing in two years that is so expensive that TJ's contract is really an issue? We've been able to compete with multiple "bad, handcuffing" contracts, so I don't get some teams being so paranoid about having this one.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I mean who are they looking at re-signing in two years that is so expensive that TJ's contract is really an issue? We've been able to compete with multiple "bad, handcuffing" contracts, so I don't get some teams being so paranoid about having this one.
Because they don’t have to unless the return is sufficient for them

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Of course, but people are acting like no return in the world would be sufficient because it's the worst contract in the known universe.
I hear ya, but I’m worried JBB May have to move Palat. The cost to move Strallman was a 2nd plus a prospect for one year left on a 5.5 million deal. TJ is owed 15 Million over 3 years. What’s that gonna cost to move? Foote and a 1st? Is that enough? Should the Lightning do that?

Tough decisions, but something needs to get done today I think so the Lightning can operate in FA, even just to sign league min vets

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad