Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
this. We don't have to be twice as good as everyone to win a cup. We only need to be better. And maybe avoid the islanders.

Still the best core in the league. Let's get whatever depth we can, rather than rebuild because we're losing depth players. That's just silly.
Correct.

Who has a better group of players than: Hedman, Stamkos, Vasy, Kuch, Point, McD, Cernak, Serg, Palat, Killorn, Cirelli?

Who has a better defense than us?

Who has better goaltending than us?

JBB is gonna be responsible for filling out the forward unit with youngsters and league minimum, cup chasing vets.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder if we will take a look at Ondrej Kase as a reclamation project if he's willing to come in cheap, sort of like a Shattenkirk situation to get himself back on track for more money.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ryan Donato and Nick Merkley not given QOs.

Florida is letting a lot of guys go. Keep in mind that Florida sent their guys to Syracuse last year, so our management has some familiarity with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I wonder if we will take a look at Ondrej Kase as a reclamation project if he's willing to come in cheap, sort of like a Shattenkirk situation to get himself back on track for more money.

I just hope he hasn't suffered too many concussions. I have a sneaking feeling Gusev is gonna try that here

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
So it took a prospect and a 2nd rd pick to move a 34 year old defenseman and his 5.5m salary.

Wonder what teams have been asking for to take on TJ's contract.
Stralls only has a year left on his deal, so TJ, while he’s the better player is almost certainly more expensive to move.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

He's finished. Doubt he plays another game in the NHL. Injuries are too much. Probably doesn't retire yet but takes a year off and goes back to Europe and maybe tries again.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Ryan Donato and Nick Merkley not given QOs.

Florida is letting a lot of guys go. Keep in mind that Florida sent their guys to Syracuse last year, so our management has some familiarity with some of these guys.

Of those guys Florida isn't qualifying two of them played for the Crunch, Rauhauser played 1 game and Bednard played 2. That group stinks.

Donato is trash but Merkley I think has a little upside still. We don't have a ton of open contract spots left so not sure we would sign him as we probably sign a more experienced player or two. But I would give him a look to give the Crunch a scorer since they're losing Raddysh and Katchouk.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No clue what Seattle is doing while Arizona cleans up with these picks. Still $10m from the cap floor. And that’s without trading some of the excess dmen from the expansion draft that will most likely happen.

They plan on being big players in free agency?

Landeskog front has been quiet, but not sure why he’d wanna go there. Dougie? They do seem like the front runners for Jayden Schwartz. But that’s still not enough unless they double dip on the left side with someone like Saad or Hoffman.

With every cap dump that happens that isn’t Johnson, I lose a little more hope that he gets moved. But him in Seattle just makes too much sense for everybody involved not to happen.

Arizona is tanking, Seattle will try to be competitive. Adding a bunch of dead weight to your roster doesn't help even if the assets you get with them are decent. They were front runners for Schwartz but with Landeskog looking like he isn't going back to Colorado he may go there and Landeskog possibly Seattle. Hamilton would make a decent defense a very good one but I think he stays on the East, everyone seems to be offering the same contract. I think they may wait on Danualt to see if his demands come down and go for him if he can't get what he wants elsewhere. You don't need a ton of draft picks if you use the ones you have properly.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I thought Donato would turn into more a few years ago. Merkley as a RD has some value but his skating is suspect for how small he is, I don't think he should be a target.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Well with the news that Coleman is definitely not returning, that pretty much ends any idea that 2 of Palat, Johnson, and Killorn are being moved(unless JBB has another ufa in his sights). The longer it is taking to move Johnson is concerning, and if the price is simply a 1st+ to move him, it should be time to get a late 1st or, more likely 2nd+prospect/mid pick for Palat. Johnson still has plenty of ability, and although Palat is the better player, the difference between them is simply not giving up a 1st+ vs gaining a 1st or 2nd+.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
No clue what Seattle is doing while Arizona cleans up with these picks. Still $10m from the cap floor. And that’s without trading some of the excess dmen from the expansion draft that will most likely happen.

They plan on being big players in free agency?

Landeskog front has been quiet, but not sure why he’d wanna go there. Dougie? They do seem like the front runners for Jayden Schwartz. But that’s still not enough unless they double dip on the left side with someone like Saad or Hoffman.

With every cap dump that happens that isn’t Johnson, I lose a little more hope that he gets moved. But him in Seattle just makes too much sense for everybody involved not to happen.
It makes emotional and maybe even PR sense for everybody involved, but the problem is that it doesn't make a lot of hockey sense. Not for the Kracken anyway.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

Time to call Bogo?

We're going to be a much less physical team next year as it stands right now with Gourde, Coleman, Goodrow, and now Schenn gone. Hope we have some vets lined up to fill that role, not sure we wanna rely on young guys for it.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Someone on twitter brought this up but with Somppi, Raddysh, and Katchouk all waiver eligible, is it possible one of them is traded before the season or is Somppi the one we try to sneak through waivers

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I thought Donato would turn into more a few years ago. Merkley as a RD has some value but his skating is suspect for how small he is, I don't think he should be a target.

Merkley is a RW. The other Merkley, no relation, is a RD. The Crunch will need some scoring help, lot of kids to be relied on. His skating isn't the best but very good vision. Not really a guy for Tampa, unless his skating improves, more a Crunch guy with still a little potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad