NHL TONIGHT: PLAYOFF EDITION
11:00PM

11:30PM

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Wait...Is it 4 or 7?

Edit: Nevermind Seattle is saying 7:00 EST...I'm dumb.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
This is the Listing for the NHL Network for tomorrow

12:00AM
3:00AM
5:00AM
7:00AM
9:00AM
11:00AM
2:00PM
NHL GAME
6:00PM
8:00PM
9:00PM
10:00PM
11:00PM

11:30PM

its really a shame how little these networks offer content. They could seriously do so many types of shows to fill their air that would cost almost nothing. do some reality tv shows about the sports with armatures or gameshows with the sports world. or even a tv show they cast and produce themselves. anyone else remember playmakers on espn? at the time it wasn't much but now? something like that would be pretty clever on these networks

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
its really a shame how little these networks offer content. They could seriously do so many types of shows to fill their air that would cost almost nothing. do some reality tv shows about the sports with armatures or gameshows with the sports world. or even a tv show they cast and produce themselves. anyone else remember playmakers on espn? at the time it wasn't much but now? something like that would be pretty clever on these networks
I don't remember playmakers? But in the 90"s I enjoyed ESpn's hockey coverage. I even enjoyed Melrose in the early days. I think he got a little schticky later on...but when he first came to ESPN he had an interesting perspective...how could he not? Coaching Gretzky, the finals, the McSorely stick measurement...that was fun stuff to hear about from Barry back then.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It was probably mentioned before but with Montreal or Winnipeg being guaranteed a spot in the Conference Final, the Islanders pick would be bumped up a spot if they lose to Boston.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I don't remember playmakers? But in the 90"s I enjoyed ESpn's hockey coverage. I even enjoyed Melrose in the early days. I think he got a little schticky later on...but when he first came to ESPN he had an interesting perspective...how could he not? Coaching Gretzky, the finals, the McSorely stick measurement...that was fun stuff to hear about from Barry back then.

Sadly the ESPN back then and today's Disney-owned conglomerate have little in common.

The network has been unwatchable for years. Can only imagine what the NHL coverage will be but can't see it being a good thing. Stoned Steve Levy, Bloviating Buccigross and an endless stream of low pay, lower intellect 20-somethings will be a far cry from the days of Doc Emrick and Gary Thorne.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
What does everyone think about using the Islanders pick to draft Räty should he be available.

It's an interesting call, because Raty was as close to anyone as consensus #1 for 2021 going back to 2019-20. He really had a tough draft-eligible season, and that regression is likely to cost him a top 10 selection. However, his combination of size, skating and skill is undeniable -- so it takes some finger-crossing if you want him at around the #20 slot, where the Islanders pick could certainly wind up.

The aspect to keep in mind is this -- the major discrepancy between the draft writers and the NHL front offices seems to be with big centers and defensive defensemen, both of which NHL scouts value far more than the average writer. So, Raty is a good bet to go higher than his consensus ranking.

Personally, I don't rank Raty quite as high as I would rank Lundell, who is the most recent comparable C out of Finland. I would rank Raty on a par with Jesperi Kotkaniemi in his draft year, and he's become a good NHL player, although he was likely drafted far too high at #3 overall.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I can’t see him slipping past the Rangers if he even makes it to them.

Predicting the Rangers draft right now is impossible. Their entire front office is in disarray, and they are overhauling their scouting team. All it takes is the right or wrong guy to be put at the forefront of the Rangers draft strategy and things can go very well or very badly very quickly.

I've been mocking Svechkov to the Rangers for awhile, but from what I understand the scout in charge of the Rangers recent (outstanding) drafting out of Russia and their director of European scouting -- Nickolai Bobrov -- has been let go. Bobrov is terrific, and firing him was a baffling move. Conversely, next in the power line for the Rangers European scouting would seem to be Pat Kjellberg, who may (I'm speculating here, and apologies for this) be responsible for some of the Rangers weaker picks in recent years out of Sweden, where they have not drafted particularly well.

Again, I'm speculating on some things -- but there can be no doubt that the Rangers front office overhaul is not going to be helping them on draft day, in fact it's likely the opposite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad