Who is the Devils' #6 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Prospect Info: - ANnual HFDevils Prospect Rankings #18
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/annual-hfdevils-prospect-rankings-18.2108821/
BD1E690B-FF91-4754-B1E8-652BDB2B583B.jpeg

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Bahl at six is borderline ludicrous.

Add Zaitsev - though uncertain when or if he goes to North America.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Bahl is a decent prospect but this poll is heavily skewed by recency bias. He came in and had a nice couple games at the end of the year so everybody is feeling really good about him. That's about it.

He's going to be a nice #4/#5 guy that can PK, that's about it. Guys like that should not be #6 on your prospect list. Putting him higher than guys like Clarke and Stillman is pure madness IMO.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bahl is a decent prospect but this poll is heavily skewed by recency bias. He came in and had a nice couple games at the end of the year so everybody is feeling really good about him. That's about it.

He's going to be a nice #4/#5 guy that can PK, that's about it. Guys like that should not be #6 on your prospect list. Putting him higher than guys like Clarke and Stillman is pure madness IMO.

i think I chose Bahl here. I agree I’m insane but not because of a choice in a prospect poll. I am not sure where to place Stillman. Is it better to choose him over a player I’ve actually watched and can envision playing in the NHL? To you maybe but I’d like to see a prospect play before assessing him. Having watched a bit of Clarke I’m not sure yet if he has an NHL future. To me this sort of exercise is a balance and most prospects don’t hit their projected ceiling for one reason or another. Just my thoughts.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The song remains the same

I enjoy that movie more now than I did in my youth where I regarded the performance as sloppy and and the fantasy sequences as self indulgent. I will say that their decision not to supplement the band”s lineup when playing live meant that some songs just wouldn’t sound like the studio overdubbed version.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I keep over looking Clarke...Not sure why? I think because his last full year in the OHL wasn't all that inspiring - We know not to expect anything from Bahl offensively...

Bahl's production against Clarke's production on the same team isn't all that encouraging for a forward of any type...But his AHL numbers this year weren't bad.

I do understand one is 2000 birth(2018 draft) and the other 2001(2019 draft) Still one is a no-offense Dman.

Ottawa 67's 2018-19
Graeme Clarke R 55 23 11 34 .61 ppg - Playoffs 18 7 7 14 .78 ppg
Kevin Bahl D 68 6 28 34 .5 ppg - Playoffs 15 1 10 11 .73 ppg

You have Clarke over Bahl though?

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I do understand one is 2000 birth(2018 draft) and the other 2001(2019 draft) Still one is a no-offense Dman.

Ottawa 67's 2018-19
Graeme Clarke R 55 23 11 34 Playoffs 18 7 7 14
Kevin Bahl D 68 6 28 34 Playoffs 15 1 10 11

1 year makes a big difference in juniors.

Bahl, playing big minutes, got to play with dynamic offensive players and his stats benefit from that.

Clarke, playing behind those older or more dynamic talents(Rossi), gets less minutes and suffers because of that.

When Clarke became a more featured player the next season he scored 9 goals in 16 games. Then came to Bing and had a solid year as an underage 19 year old.

So no, I don’t think the season you compared the 2 of them is very meaningful for Clarke’s path. He’s no slam dunk prospect but he’s progressed each of the last 3 years and he needs to continue that.

I’m probably at a coin flip on who is a better prospect between Bahl or Clarke. Bahl is a safer bet to play NHL games while Clarke has a bigger chance of being an impactful player.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I keep over looking Clarke...Not sure why? I think because his last full year in the OHL wasn't all that inspiring - We know not to expect anything from Bahl offensively...

Bahl's production against Clarke's production on the same team isn't all that encouraging for a forward of any type...But his AHL numbers this year weren't bad.

Ottawa 67's 2018-19
Graeme Clarke R 55 23 11 34 .61 ppg - Playoffs 18 7 7 14 .78 ppg
Kevin Bahl D 68 6 28 34 .5 ppg - Playoffs 15 1 10 11 .73 ppg

I think his 18 pts in 31 games for Bingo as a mostly 19 year old are pretty promising for a more recent stat line. I think Clark has a higher ceiling as a middle 6 sniper type player vs Bahl who's ceiling is maybe #4 defensive defensemen who can PK. TBF Clark might have more of a chance of not hitting his ceiling compared to Bahl.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Ottawa 67's 2018-19
Graeme Clarke R 55 23 11 34 Playoffs 18 7 7 14
Kevin Bahl D 68 6 28 34 Playoffs 15 1 10 11

Bahl was 18, 2018-19 was his third season in juniors. Bahl’s equivalent season is 2017-18 season, his draft year:
58GP 1G 17A 18 points
Playoffs 5GP zero points

Clarke’s overall numbers weren’t particularly astounding, that’s why he went in the 3rd round, but his major selling point is his shooting ability and goal scoring, though he has playmaking ability too.

You can like either one more but I don’t think their Juniors stats make the difference here. And Clarke injured his shoulder but his D+1 OHL numbers were improved too:
16GP 9G 9A 17 points

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think his 18 pts in 31 games for Bingo as a mostly 19 year old are pretty promising for a more recent stat line. I think Clark has a higher ceiling as a middle 6 sniper type player vs Bahl who's ceiling is maybe #4 defensive defensemen who can PK. TBF Clark might have more of a chance of not hitting his ceiling compared to Bahl.
Yeah, I didn’t pick a side. (I voted Stillman.)

I would actually vote Bahl because he pretty much has a guaranteed floor as a depth defenseman and has upside for more.

Clarke has a tougher needle to thread a scoring winger, he either can produce enough, while not being a detriment, to stay a middle winger on a scoring line or he’s off to tweenerland.

They both have risen as prospects, it’s weird people are complaining that both their stock has risen (well, not that weird). (Regency Bias! Look at their CHL stats!) Clarke almost made Team Canada on his play, rather than inherited position, as well as produce in the AHL and Bahl has also improved since his draft year.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021

I think this part of a prospect's profile is severely overlooked by some, especially my friends

People like to always talk about ceiling but the floor is almost just as important (outside the top-15 IMO). If you have a player like Bahl who seems to be a steady presence, some teams may value that over a skilled top-6 potential guy like Clarke.

it may seem crazy to say but I think our own team did this in this years draft (outside Luke obviously). We chose a lot of safer picks with NHL floors but low ceilings, and thats okay because those types server as important a purpose in a Cup run as the Art Ross winners do.

teams overpay every year for bottom-6/bottom pair talent for extended Cup runs - this is a product of them constantly drafting for ceiling and less for floor (Rangers have drafted this way for five years and now look at them)

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I enjoy that movie more now than I did in my youth where I regarded the performance as sloppy and and the fantasy sequences as self indulgent. I will say that their decision not to supplement the band”s lineup when playing live meant that some songs just wouldn’t sound like the studio overdubbed version.
Zep was/is/will always be a favorite of mine, I'm a huge Jimmy Page fan, but as a live act Zep was not the best, to put it nicely, especially the two front men Page and Plant

Reactions: My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
But are we voting on where we see these prospects NOW… or are we voting on who we think is going to be the best player?
Quite easily the second as L.Hughes is far from the best player right now.

I went with Okhotyuk again. I can envision him to be Hamilton's partner.

Bahl for me is a bottom pairing/7th D type.
Stillman looks like a middle 6 type of wing, who might find a spot on the top line because of chemistry/usage. So he has similar ceiling like Okhotyuk. But I went with the more valuable position.

Clarke is most likely a bottom 6 wing, who gets heavily used on the PP.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad