Prospect Info: 2021 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #14

Who is the Devils' #14 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Yep, I know the general media is much higher on Walsh than HFBoards is. A lot of people here have pigeonholed him as a Will Butcher, like you mentioned. But Some pretty respected prospects writers see more potential in him than that.

A good season in the AHL might bounce him back up the list quite a bit.

The first development camp game I saw Walsh in was a pretty impressive game but I’m not sure if I saw him in person beyond that.

I think the hope was Walsh would have a big jump once Fox left and when that didn’t happen the bloom was off of Walsh for fans. He also wasn’t the new toy in the box anymore.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The first development camp game I saw Walsh in was a pretty impressive game but I’m not sure if I saw him in person beyond that.

I think the hope was Walsh would have a big jump once Fox left and when that didn’t happen the bloom was off of Walsh for fans. He also wasn’t the new toy in the box anymore.
Thompson may feel like a newer toy but he was an overage draft pick, he’s only three months younger than Walsh and only has one year of waiver exemption.

I feel like Walsh might be traded at some point, he has to be one of our better chips.

I’m torn between to worlds, I understand why people think he was undervalued but I also understand why people aren’t into him.

Reactions: HBK27

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Thompson may feel like a newer toy but he was an overage draft pick, he’s only three months younger than Walsh and only has one year of waiver exemption.

I feel like Walsh might be traded at some point, he has to be one of our better chips.

I’m torn between to worlds, I understand why people think he was undervalued but I also understand why people aren’t into him.
With the wealth of stay at home defensemen we drafted on the left side and complete lack of depth on the right I'd probably keep him unless there's an overpay. He's an insurance policy in case Severson walks. Maybe not on the 2nd pairing, but you can find a defensive defenseman on the right for Smith and pair Walsh on the 3rd with Bahl/Vukojevic/Muk/etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad