Colton White
Yegor Zaitsev
Fabian Zetterlund

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I love that we're at #14 and still have viable NHLers. Tyce, who was just selected, already has a cup of coffee. Daws and Schmid are potential backup goalies. Walsh and McCarthy have at least 3rd pairing upside.

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I love that we're at #14 and still have viable NHLers. Tyce, who was just selected, already has a cup of coffee. Daws and Schmid are potential backup goalies. Walsh and McCarthy have at least 3rd pairing upside.

i’d like to think/hope daws has a higher ceiling than that

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Went with Zetterlund narrowly over Moynihan and Misyul. Think this is where prospect pool becomes less certain to crack the NHL roster.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I went Misyul.

I see Walsh in the lead, and I can see why people are voting for him, but I wonder if he's not a Reid Boucher defensemen.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
There are about 10 prospects here that are all about the even in terms of potential and promise. I've been voting Grits for a few polls now, but I think most of the other guys in the list are just fine as options.

Good problem to have.

Reactions: My3Sons

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
I dont see it with Walsh, not sure he ever gets an NHL start here in a Devils sweater

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Misyul is just downright being disrespected at this point

what had Walsh done to be above Misyul? Misyul was taken right near Ohkotyuk and he went five spots ago!

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Misyul is just downright being disrespected at this point

what had Walsh done to be above Misyul? Misyul was taken right near Ohkotyuk and he went five spots ago!

I think overseas guys are usually going to fight a little uphill battle as their leagues are harder to project from and we see them less.

It’s mostly dart board throws at this point anyway.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
I think overseas guys are usually going to fight a little uphill battle as their leagues are harder to project from and we see them less.

It’s mostly dart board throws at this point anyway.
I get that, but Misyul has now stuck in the KHL as a non-offensive defenseman since he turned 19. That alone has to count for something. And on a team that was fighting for a playoff spot, so he played meaningful games

Walsh is about our fourth best d prospect in the AHL this coming season.. and hes older than them. I just dont see it with him

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
In fact, Im not sure id take Walsh over any of these names minus Brady and Zetterlund. They all are 2-4 years younger and have shown more

is Walsh getting votes because hes more known? He turns 23 before the end of the season, if he doesnt steal a spot on the big boy roster next season.. he likely never will

edit: for reference, Severson is only 27 and Hamilton 28. So if he cant steal that bottom pair spot next offseason, when hes the oldest RHD we have.. im not sure how he does after that

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I get that, but Misyul has now stuck in the KHL as a non-offensive defenseman since he turned 19. That alone has to count for something. And on a team that was fighting for a playoff spot, so he played meaningful games

Walsh is about our fourth best d prospect in the AHL this coming season.. and hes older than them. I just dont see it with him

How likely is it at this point that Misyul ever comes over to North America? Moreover, as a left handed defender he has an uphill battle against similar players already with the organization. I think that plays a role in how he should be slotted. I don't doubt he is just as promising a player as guys like Okhotiyuk and Vukojevic, etc. but he's got another two years in the KHL before his contract is up? By then is he looking at a left side of Smith, Bahl, and Mukhamadullin? At that point does he agree to play in the AHL for a short stint to acclimate or does NJ have to promise him an NHL spot? If only a few of these guys were righties.....

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad