Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
If Wallstedt drops into the mid-20s I can see us trading up

edit: seems like Edmonton is taking him

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Forgive my ignorance because I'm not a prospects guy, but all we mostly go off on are lists and rankings, unless someone has seen most of these prospects play. How much of a bigger deviance are rankings this year due to COVID? Now to compound to that we're drafting a guy that was injured(?) as well? I thought the consensus this year was that it's going to be a weak draft and be a crapshoot.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's a display of logic... it can be about literally anything at all. It can be about picking Halloween candy. It can be about getting caught in infidelity. We already have 'intel' that NYR was targeting him. There is no reason, anywhere near conclusive, to expect that trading down and getting Boucher was a simple endeavor.
Here's some logic for you; driving impaired actually has evidence to support higher risk of crashing. You've provided no evidence Boucher would get picked had we moved back, just fear mongering that he might have. We're done because you're resorting to bad faith arguments like the one about Brayden Pointe. There's really no point continuing once discussions get to that level.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yes and we had a lot of success too, the problem I have is the so many posters here ONLY FOCUS on the bad picks and never on the good picks! I don't know why that is? Is it because they think they could do a better job then the actual GM and SCOUTS??? I don't get it!

We do have a good scouting staff. But even a good scouting staff can screw up on occasion.

And I don't remember anyone complaining last year with our two top 5 picks. The idea that everyone is always negative is a bunch of bs.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
We do have a good scouting staff. But even a good scouting staff can screw up on occasion.

And I don't remember anyone complaining last year with our two top 5 picks. The idea that everyone is always negative is a bunch of bs.

Wasn't there a bunch of people pissed that we got Sanderson? That he was just a Cowen?

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Here's some logic for you; driving impaired actually has evidence to support higher risk of crashing. You've provided no evidence Boucher would get picked had we moved back, just fear mongering that he might have. We're done because you're resorting to bad faith arguments like the one about Brayden Pointe. There's really no point continuing once discussions get to that level.

I never said he'd get picked if we moved back, although there IS 'evidence' he may well have. All I said acting as though he absolutely would have been available had we moved back is wildly presumptive.... which you took issue with. And here we are.

The argument that we could have moved back and grabbed him but just didn't is a bad one. That's all I have said. Cheers.

Reactions: TheDebater
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Forgive my ignorance because I'm not a prospects guy, but all we mostly go off on are lists and rankings, unless someone has seen most of these prospects play. How much of a bigger deviance are rankings this year due to COVID? Now to compound to that we're drafting a guy that was injured(?) as well? I thought the consensus this year was that it's going to be a weak draft and be a crapshoot.
(Full disclosure, I didn't do nearly as much research and personal video viewings as I normally do because covid and I didn't really care as much this year)

The guys being picked have followed general consensus generally. Just the odd outlier like our pick, and Wallstedt "dropping" (though with goalies... there tend to be more variance).

I suspect that the later round picks are going to be wild though, and in 7 years, you are going to see quite a few more "steals" than in normal years.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
WTF Holland? Edm needed a future goalie and he just passed on him. Holland is idiot. Guess he will draft d-man!

Mike Smith gonna be around til he's 50. They dont need a new goalie.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
No no you're right, everything is perfect in Sens land. Maybe we can trade back into the 1st round to select projected 5th rounder!!

I mean out of all the many things to legitimately shit on about this organization, the drafting is at least above average in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad