GDT: 2021 Draft - Part 4 - 8pm SN, NHL network, TSN1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Bottom line is, if you own the #10 overall pick in any draft, and you know you'll be going for a guy ranked #30th on most scouts' lists, maybe you should instead use that pick to trade for a guy like Buchnevich(as an example) and hope your guy is still there later. Not like it's that big a deal if you don't get him anyway.

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
Does anyone in the world enjoy it when every single GM goes up to the podium and spends 10 minutes to thank the host city for their hospitality and then congrats the Cup winners for their great season, and then says hello to their fans watching at their draft party, and then introduces this random back office member to introduce their pick?

I'd rather that than have Bettman announce every pick, but to each their own.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Bottom line is, if you own the #10 overall pick in any draft, and you know you'll be going for a guy ranked #30th on most scouts' lists, maybe you should instead use that pick to trade for a guy like Buchnevich(as an example) and hope your guy is still there later. Not like it's that big a deal if you don't get him anyway.
only matter where he's ranked on our list

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Bottom line is, if you're one of the best drafting teams in the NHL, take your guy at #10 and don't worry about the criticism from some anonymous chachi on the internet.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Bottom line is, if you're one of the best drafting teams in the NHL, take your guy at #10 and don't worry about the criticism from some anonymous chachi on the internet.

We've had an incredible amount of draft capital these last few years and we haven't done shit with it. The picks themselves aren't the problem, it's the lack of wheeling and dealing that's concerning.

Also, you've never criticized a single thing this org has done and go for direct insults so who tf cares what you think about drafting.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
There’s no way for them to know he’s ranked 30 on most lists anyway. As always, we put so much stock into aggregate rankings that never ever pans out the way it’s ranked, not to mention this is a weird year for scouting.

Yet other GMs constantly make deals to move up or down. Obviously they have a good idea who wants who in the first few rounds.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- he's a very good & fast skater
- poward forward in the making
- he can score from beyond the dots & inside the paint
- he likes to hit & hit hard
- he doesn't take a shift off
- these kind of players aren't plentiful
- rights owned by the 67s but is committed to Boston U

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
I'd rather have Tim Murray announce every pick.

Don't get me wrong, I like the the no-nonsense Tim Murray picks too. What I like about the NHL entry draft is they're not afraid to let let the teams take control and be creative (or not) with their picks. Would the NFL have let Alex Trebek make a selection? The entry draft is one thing that the NHL does right IMO. I'm still watching and loving it and we have no first rounders left.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
- he's a very good & fast skater
- poward forward in the making
- he can score from beyond the dots & inside the paint
- he likes to hit & hit hard
- he doesn't take a shift off
- these kind of players aren't plentiful

Sens are loading up on guys that are no fun to play against.

Reactions: aragorn

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Mann said based on info they got Boucher was going to go a lot sooner than we think, they didn’t want to trade down and miss out.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Yet other GMs constantly make deals to move up or down. Obviously they have a good idea who wants who in the first few rounds.

We've moved up and down before. Up for Brown, Kleven and Sogaard, down for JBD. You're not going to do it on every pick. Sometimes maybe you'd like to but you can't make it work and other times you have no desire to move where you're picking.

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
L’Heureux and Stillman off the board. I thought the Sens would have a shot at one of those at 39. Looks like the run on physical players is in full flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad