Gatineau
upload_2021-7-23_20-1-44.jpeg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
“I can’t believe Ottawa passed on Zadina for Tkachuk”

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!?

Let's be honest here.

It's pretty difficult for any decent scouting staff to f*** up a top 5 pick. Selecting Tkachuk or Timmy or Sanderson isn't exactly rocket surgery. We have had quite a few misses in the past decade picking in the bottom half of the first round, and beyond.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Still think we should have traded Norris, Sanderson and the 10th overall pick for Eichel. We wouldn't have gotten all this whining about pick on this board.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I honestly don't know Boucher well at all, I haven't followed the draft much this year whatsoever. I am not saying its a good pick. That said, the burden is not on me here. People are saying we could have traded down.... that is an assumption that we have no solid reason to believe. If you drive drunk, 99/100 times nothing bad will happen. Authoritatively saying "nothing bad will happen" is still wildly presumptive, though.

McKenzie's lists are not gospel, and this year is a particularly unpredictable year. We might have been able to trade down... he might have gone 4 picks later, and we would have been a 90th overall pick richer while missing out on our guy.

Lol comparing this to drunk driving, we're done here...

Reactions: JungleBeat

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I really thought Lucius and tkachuk would have been perfect line mates.

Hope we don’t regret that one.

Nothing against our boy Boucher.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Imagine if the Islanders wasted a 5th overall pick on Brayden Point in 2014 instead of Michael Dal Colle. f***ing donkeyballs!

Thats not how drafting works. Dal colle was the better player available. You always take the BPA and hope it pans out. Never do you reach for a 2nd rounder with the 10th pick; at least trade back ffs.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Let's be honest here.

It's pretty difficult for any decent scouting staff to f*** up a top 5 pick. Selecting Tkachuk or Timmy or Sanderson isn't exactly rocket surgery. We have had quite a few misses in the past decade picking in the bottom half of the first round, and beyond.
Yes and we had a lot of success too, the problem I have is the so many posters here ONLY FOCUS on the bad picks and never on the good picks! I don't know why that is? Is it because they think they could do a better job then the actual GM and SCOUTS??? I don't get it!

Emerica

May 29, 2010
very surprised to see Wallstedt last this far. Will probably see another team move up for a goalie pretty soon

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Lol comparing this to drunk driving, we're done here...

It's a display of logic... it can be about literally anything at all. It can be about picking Halloween candy. It can be about getting caught in infidelity. We already have 'intel' that NYR was targeting him. There is no reason, anywhere near conclusive, to expect that trading down and getting Boucher was a simple endeavor.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes and we had a lot of success too, the problem I have is the so many posters here ONLY FOCUS on the bad picks and never on the good picks! I don't know why that is? Is it because they think they could do a better job then the actual GM and SCOUTS??? I don't get it!

The sens don't have an actual gm or actual scouts

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
What is this "I hope we don't regret this"??? Listen I think that even if Boucher dont pan out that it will make a big difference to be honest. You guys are too dramatic!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad