2021 Draft advice and results

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Well had our annual live draft yesterday afternoon/night. It was the usual ish show of tequila shots and smoked pulled pork sliders. We all got right proper wasted during it then continued on the celebration until the early hours of the morning.

10 team league ppr qb/rb rb/ wr wr/ Te / flex / k / def

so my original team ended up being

Qb allen Ryan

rb Henry Davis Harris mckissic

wr ridley mclaurin d.Johnson Corey Davis, Sutton and waddle

Te tonyon gesicki

K yoo

def Bucs

so after the draft and two bottles of tequila in the wind people started throwing out trades….which is dumb but ridiculously fun when your having such a good time… so I ended up trading Henry and D.Johnson for Najee and Waller. We were just throwing stuff back and forth and he said yes…and I was like…damn. What am I doing lol but it was too late at that point. Word is bond.

so later that night I noticed he had turned around and flipped Johnson to another team and the other teams best TE was gronk. So I was sitting on three TEs at the moment and smooth talked my way into getting d. Johnson back for tonyon lol. So now my team looks like this

Allen Ryan

najee Davis d.Harris mckissic

Ridley mclaurin waddle d.Johnson Corey Davis Sutton

Waller gesicki

yoo

Tampa

Ithis damn live draft gets me every year. So much fun and craziness. It was a rough recovery day today. Two of the guys from the live draft slept and missed our 12 man online draft tonight lol. I did terrible in that one. I don’t even want to post it, being a hurt unit I just couldn’t concentrate

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well had our annual live draft yesterday afternoon/night. It was the usual ish show of tequila shots and smoked pulled pork sliders. We all got right proper wasted during it then continued on the celebration until the early hours of the morning.

Qb allen Ryan

Te tonyon gesicki

K yoo

def Bucs

so after the draft and two bottles of tequila in the wind people started throwing out trades….which is dumb but ridiculously fun when your having such a good time… so I ended up trading Henry and D.Johnson for Najee and Waller. We were just throwing stuff back and forth and he said yes…and I was like…damn. What am I doing lol but it was too late at that point. Word is bond.

so later that night I noticed he had turned around and flipped Johnson to another team and the other teams best TE was gronk. So I was sitting on three TEs at the moment and smooth talked my way into getting d. Johnson back for tonyon lol. So now my team looks like this

Allen Ryan

Waller gesicki

yoo

Tampa

Ithis damn live draft gets me every year. So much fun and craziness. It was a rough recovery day today. Two of the guys from the live draft slept and missed our 12 man online draft tonight lol. I did terrible in that one. I don’t even want to post it, being a hurt unit I just couldn’t concentrate
While that does sound like a ton of fun, I audibly gasped when you said you got drunk and traded Derrick Henry, lol. Luckily the return wasn't horrible, and seems you flipped again to make a nice move. Waller should be off the chain today, and having a top-TE should off-set swapping Henry for Najee.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
6 player keeper league.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
Justin Herbert
Deshaun Watson (stashing him in case we can trade him)
Zack Wilson

RB -
Dalvin Cook
Christian McCaffrey
Chris Carson
AJ Dillon
David Montgomery

WR -
Tyler Lockett
Mike Williams
Chris Godwin
Chase Claypool
Corey Davis
Diontae Johnson
Jarvis Landry

TE:
Logan Thomas
Robert Tonyan

K -
Greg Zuerlein

D -
Buffalo Bills

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
While that does sound like a ton of fun, I audibly gasped when you said you got drunk and traded Derrick Henry, lol. Luckily the return wasn't horrible, and seems you flipped again to make a nice move. Waller should be off the chain today, and having a top-TE should off-set swapping Henry for Najee.

lol ya I had a oh ish moment there but recovering d.Johnson worked nicely. I think I will be ok and very competitive.

live drafts are just too much fun. We have a really tight group that likes to let loose once a year.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC

Qb allen Ryan

Te tonyon gesicki

K yoo

def Bucs

Allen Ryan

Waller gesicki

yoo

Tampa

If this is full PPR, trading away Henry and DJ for Najee and Waller is pretty fair, but yeah be careful making FF decisions while intoxicated lol!

Very astute flipping of Tonyan for DJohnson! i like! You essentially traded

Henry + Tonyan = Waller + Najee

Very good piece of business in PPR.

I think Waller is going to be on a lot of championship rosters this year, along with Kelce/Hock. Plus your WRs are stacked for a 10 team league. I think you're in great shape.

Tampa I think, can finish as DST 1 this year.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
12 team league with 3 keepers per team. Had the 12/13th pick to start since I won last year.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Tyreek Hill - K
WR - Justin Jefferson- K
WR - Cooper Kupp
RB - Gus Edwards
RB - Chase Edmonds
TE - Darren Waller - K
Flex - DJ Chark
K - Harrison Butker
DST - Chicago

Bench
QB - Ben Roetisberger
WR - Devante Parker
RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - JD Mckissic
RB - Chuba Hubbard
TE - Mike Gesicki

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Finished my 12 team PPR with the 8th pick

QB - Hurts, Tannehill

WR - Adams, Lamb, Higgins, Chark, Boyd

RB - Sanders, Henderson, Mckissik, J. White, Gainwell, Ty’son Williams, Mack

TE - Kelce

K - None. Will pick up day before games.

D - None. Will pickup day before games

Going to need to make a play for an RB.

Also had the 8th pick in a 12 team PPR league - Feel like I did well.

QB - Russell Wilson, Joe Burrow

WR - Diggs, Woods, Claypool, Boyd, Mike Williams, Randall Cobb

RB - Zeke Elliott, Miles Sanders, David Johnson, Tony Pollard (need to improve depth here)

TE - Andrews, Trautman

K - McManus

D - 49ers

Will probably drop Trautman and pick up a RB who is surprising in weeks 1-3. I am 3rd on waiver wire right now.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
My big money league... 12-team, .5 PPR, pick 11.

QB: K Murray
WR: D Adams, A Cooper, C Kupp, C Davis, B Cooks, M Williams
RB: N Harris, C Edmonds, S Michel, J White, T Coleman, W Gallman
TE: G Everett
K: T Bass
DEF: MIN (vs CIN)

Don't love my TE and RB depth, but feel pretty good overall. Think my QB and WR depth can help overcome that, but definitely looking to trade/hit waivers hard next week if anyone pops... Also have Murray, Adams, and Davis in both my money leagues, so hoping that doesn't screw me over like Golladay did last year.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
If this is full PPR, trading away Henry and DJ for Najee and Waller is pretty fair, but yeah be careful making FF decisions while intoxicated lol!

Very astute flipping of Tonyan for DJohnson! i like! You essentially traded

Henry + Tonyan = Waller + Najee

Very good piece of business in PPR.

I think Waller is going to be on a lot of championship rosters this year, along with Kelce/Hock. Plus your WRs are stacked for a 10 team league. I think you're in great shape.

Tampa I think, can finish as DST 1 this year.

ya full PPR for this league. lol making FF decisions while on the sauce is a great time...…..until the next morning lol.

Fingers crossed waller and Najee bring me a title. Henry has to regress or face injury at some point right? or is this his year again with Julio out on the field creating less people in the box.

cant wait for tomorrow night. NFL season is upon us :D feels like Christmas.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Also had the 8th pick in a 12 team PPR league - Feel like I did well.

QB - Russell Wilson, Joe Burrow

WR - Diggs, Woods, Claypool, Boyd, Mike Williams, Randall Cobb

RB - Zeke Elliott, Miles Sanders, David Johnson, Tony Pollard (need to improve depth here)

TE - Andrews, Trautman

K - McManus

D - 49ers

Will probably drop Trautman and pick up a RB who is surprising in weeks 1-3. I am 3rd on waiver wire right now.

Trautman is a nice stash. I also like Freiermuth as a sleeper TE.

12 team leagues are tough to improve depth and like you said you have to watch the waiver to pick up on injury replacements or break out RBs.

Reactions: Sstroh84

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
My big money league... 12-team, .5 PPR, pick 11.

QB: K Murray
WR: D Adams, A Cooper, C Kupp, C Davis, B Cooks, M Williams
RB: N Harris, C Edmonds, S Michel, J White, T Coleman, W Gallman
TE: G Everett
K: T Bass
DEF: MIN (vs CIN)

Don't love my TE and RB depth, but feel pretty good overall. Think my QB and WR depth can help overcome that, but definitely looking to trade/hit waivers hard next week if anyone pops... Also have Murray, Adams, and Davis in both my money leagues, so hoping that doesn't screw me over like Golladay did last year.

your absolutely set at QB WR and I think your RB depth is decent for PPR with Nijee and Chase as long as neither get injured. You could even flip some one like COrey Davis for another RB once the season starts as he should see a ton of targets. You should be able to find a better TE from waivers as the season progresses (if Everett doesn't hit).

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
ya full PPR for this league. lol making FF decisions while on the sauce is a great time...…..until the next morning lol.

Fingers crossed waller and Najee bring me a title. Henry has to regress or face injury at some point right? or is this his year again with Julio out on the field creating less people in the box.

cant wait for tomorrow night. NFL season is upon us :D feels like Christmas.
I would take Waller and Najee over Henry and Tonyan in a nanosecond, you did well.

Reactions: DS7 and tacogeoff

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I've been asked to help my brother-in-law tonight with an auction draft in a pretty big cash league.

I never focus on auction because I'm not in any auction leagues.

Do any of you here do auctions? Any tips?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I've been asked to help my brother-in-law tonight with an auction draft in a pretty big cash league.

I never focus on auction because I'm not in any auction leagues.

Do any of you here do auctions? Any tips?
I have not done one yet but have done a fair amount of research.

What I learned was there are different strategies but most popular is probably 'studs and scrubs'. The main idea being paying up for big name guys who are at the top of the rankings, and then filling out your bench with really cheap guys who have potential to breakout (whether that be handcuffs breaking out through injury, young WR having a breakout season etc.). Other points people made: spend the vast majority of your money on your starting roster, don't leave too much money for the end when most of the good players are gone, the worst thing that can happen is having leftover money.

I unfortunately could not find a league to participate in one but I am very interested in doing one, the idea is super cool because you can get any player you want if you are willing to pay up, unlike snake draft where you are limited by draft position.

Reactions: Zorf

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
12 team league with 3 keepers per team. Had the 12/13th pick to start since I won last year.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Tyreek Hill - K
WR - Justin Jefferson- K
WR - Cooper Kupp
RB - Gus Edwards
RB - Chase Edmonds
TE - Darren Waller - K
Flex - DJ Chark
K - Harrison Butker
DST - Chicago

Bench
QB - Ben Roetisberger
WR - Devante Parker
RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - JD Mckissic
RB - Chuba Hubbard
TE - Mike Gesicki

Is this PPR? I like it, you essentially have positional advantage at WR and TE, and RB2s that at any week can produce RB1 numbers. I think you're really only asking for your RBs to produce 10 each per week while your QB/TE/WRs explode.

Bench Depth is good, i'm just not sold on Davante Parker. He's disappointed me so many times.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I have not done one yet but have done a fair amount of research.

What I learned was there are different strategies but most popular is probably 'studs and scrubs'. The main idea being paying up for big name guys who are at the top of the rankings, and then filling out your bench with really cheap guys who have potential to breakout (whether that be handcuffs breaking out through injury, young WR having a breakout season etc.). Other points people made: spend the vast majority of your money on your starting roster, don't leave too much money for the end when most of the good players are gone, the worst thing that can happen is having leftover money.

I unfortunately could not find a league to participate in one but I am very interested in doing one, the idea is super cool because you can get any player you want if you are willing to pay up, unlike snake draft where you are limited by draft position.

Studs and Scrubs is the only thing I've heard, and it was just a passing comment, but that seems to make the most sense to me.

Thank you

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Is this PPR? I like it, you essentially have positional advantage at WR and TE, and RB2s that at any week can produce RB1 numbers. I think you're really only asking for your RBs to produce 10 each per week while your QB/TE/WRs explode.

Bench Depth is good, i'm just not sold on Davante Parker. He's disappointed me so many times.

half point PPR. Yeah Parker was one of my last picks. I also just dropped Chi DST and picked up Carolina. They have a few good matchups out of the gate. I actually thought about dropping him and picking up either Christian Kirk or Rondale Moore of Arizona

Last edited:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
10 man league. 2 qbs, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 2 flex, 1 TE, 1 Def start. 1.0 PPR.

passing: 25 yards per point, 2 points at 400 yards, 4 points at 500 yards, -1 for an INT, 4 points for a TD

rushing: 10 yards per point. 5 points at 100 yards. 6 points for a TD.

1.0 PPR. 10 points per point. 2 points at 100 yards. 6 points for a TD.

i didnt realize we were playing with 2 qbs til around the 6th round when there had been a bizarre run on them in the first few rounds lol. i feel like jameis winston was underrated. hes the starter for the saints and even when he sucked his last year with the bucs he put up big stats.

QB Matt Ryan
QB Jameis Winston
RB Nick Chubb
RB Saquon Barkley
WR Justin Jefferson
WR Calvin Ridley
TE TJ Hockenson
Flex Brandon Aiyuk
Flex Robert Woods
DEF 49ers

Bench: Hunt, Dillon, McKissic, E. Moore, Fuller, Hardman

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Ended up inheriting a team from a friends league as one of the members backed out randomly.

QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Edwards, Swift, Sermon
WR:Hill, Higgins, McLaurin, Anderson, Woods, Gage
TE: Pitts, Engram
K: Zuerlein
D/ST: Steelers

Receiving core is freaking deep but my RB depth scares the shit out of me.

How many teams? Your RBs are pretty good

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Took the plunge with a 14 team full PPR league, (1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex). Kelce in Round 1. 10th pick.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: Corey Davis
RB: Darrell Henderson Jr
RB: Gus Edwards
TE: Travis Kelce
FLEX: Melvin Gordon III
FLEX: Marvin Jones Jr.
Kicker: Matt Gay
Defense: Denver

Bench

QB - Justin Fields
WR - Jaylen Waddle
WR - Darnell Mooney
RB - Ty'son Williams
RB - Rashad Penny

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Took the plunge with a 14 team full PPR league, (1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex). Kelce in Round 1. 10th pick.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: Corey Davis
RB: Darrell Henderson Jr
RB: Gus Edwards
TE: Travis Kelce
FLEX: Melvin Gordon III
FLEX: Marvin Jones Jr.
Kicker: Matt Gay
Defense: Denver

Bench

QB - Justin Fields
WR - Jaylen Waddle
WR - Darnell Mooney
RB - Ty'son Williams
RB - Rashad Penny

RBs are a bit rough but otherwise your Wr core is great. Rodgers and Kelse are going to produce huge numbers as well. As the season progresses you should be able to grab an RB that breaks out.

Reactions: DS7

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
10 teams. I guess I'm just worried about Swifts health and don't know a ton about Sermon.

Sermon should be great and most analysts are predicting he takes over the backfield at some point either by injury as Moz seems to miss 4-6 games a season or just outplays him by being a bigger body and a more physical runner.

I like Swift he is a great talent. He does seem to be a little injury prone and my only worry is that Detroit will more than likely be playing from behind every game so his usage may not be as high as it should be.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Rest of my teams. There's so many unknowns this year with teams 3-4 deep at both RB and WR.

10 Team, .5 PPR 2nd pick (Guy who had #1 had it in both his leagues so took Cook this time to change it up.):

QB: Stafford
RB: McCaffrey, Gibson, Jav. Williams, Coleman, McKissic (just dropped him for Bell)
WR: Jefferson, Godwin, Beckham, Cooks, Samuel, M.Brown
TE: Kittle
K: Prater
DST: Rams

10 Team Standard 3rd pick:

QB: Stafford, Lawrence
RB: Cook, CEH, Robison, Sermon, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Cooper, D.Moore, Shenault, Mooney, D.Smith
TE: Andrews, Higbee
K: Gay
DST: Steelers

16 Team standard 12th pick:

QB: Wilson, Lawrence
RB: Ekeler, Montgomery
WR/TE: Hopkins, Andrews (TE), Beckham, C. Davis, Callaway, Pittman

-In this league since there's so many teams to add flexibility TEs count as WR and you start 1 RB, 1 WR and 2 Flex. RBs were flying off the bored and I felt better taking upside WR than just throwing darts at #3 RBs or handcuffing Ekeler/Montgomery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad